Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-27-2006   #1
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Default DB help????

Withoour #2 CB still in the air, Do will go after Will Peterson and let he a P-Buc go after and compete for the spot. Depending on what this guy is asking we should see what this going is willing to take.
Old 05-27-2006   #2
baba ganoush
Veteran

i sat that would be a great idea!!!knowing what peterson can do would already probably beat out buchanon for the spot...i think this would be the perfect oppurtunity the texans should look at!!!! just think of a seconday

dunta robinson - one of the better db's in the league

will peterson - can be a solid starter for any team in the nfl

phillip buchanon - once he catches on to the scheme, he should be a solid contributer...

demarcus faggins - is a solid back-up...all he needs is better speed

chris mckenzie - i think he can become a solid back-up if one or more of our players went down
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #3
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Consisdering that Peterson has had back problems for the past two years and only played in like 5 games during that time, I say we avoid him like the plague.
Old 05-27-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

DB help? We drafted our biggest DB help round 1, pick 1!! After watching teams like SD and Pittsburgh get by with decent and mediocre DBs (minus Polamalu), I am a firm beleiver in the statement "the best pass defense is a great pass rush". Hopefully, a pass rush can give disguise our need at CB/FS until someone steps up, or until next year when we have better options in terms of adressing the situation.
Old 05-27-2006   #5
kiwitexansfan
Give'm a taste

Rep Power: 43261 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

NO WAY do we get Will Peterson. He is damaged goods right now.

I think we are ok at DB. Not great but ok.

We will be better served with a better front 7, and a simpler scheme.

P-Buc will be more than adequate on the corner. Mark my words. Kubiak knows his game and will use him to maximise his strengths and eliminate the weaknesses.
Old 05-27-2006   #6
Toro
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Consisdering that Peterson has had back problems for the past two years and only played in like 5 games during that time, I say we avoid him like the plague.
Agreed. He's damaged goods who I'd pass on.
Toro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #7
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

P-Buc...Needs someone to compete with him!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2006   #8
FILOMAN
Gridiron, Tx

Rep Power: 0 FILOMAN is on the Pro-Bowl ballotFILOMAN is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

With the June 1st cuts just around the corner I don't see why the Texans wouldn't make a run at Ty Law. I know he is getting up in age and would cost the team more $$ than if they went for Peterson but I think this would be an awesome pick up for the Texans. You would have above solid corners at your #1 and #2 spots and would have p-buc and faggins to fill in. Besides when you make your cuts you will free up some more money that you can spend on him. I also belive that he would be able to help Robinson and the rest of the DB's we have become even better players. If you remember back to last year Ty did lead the league in interceptions and I believe this would put an Exclamation Point on our off-season and would give us just that much more credibility on both sides of the ball.
FILOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #9
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

I do...It will either push him or he gets cuts...CB Peterson from the giants would be a good addition! They just released him so lets check it out!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #10
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 3952 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak seems to like the DBs we have. I don't think he'll overspend for Law at this point or gamble on damaged goods. However, if someone cuts a solid guy who not on the downside of 30 because of $$ he might consider bringing them in.

I simply think he likes the talent we have now, coupled with the front 7 upgrades we've made.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #11
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toro
Agreed. He's damaged goods who I'd pass on.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Peterson has had 2 separate lumbarvertebral stress fractures in 2005. Besides this, he sustained a significant knee injury keeping him out of play for weeks. If that's not enough, I discovered that he had another documented lower back vertebral stress fracture in 2003.

Football players don't do too well with laminectomy/spinal fusions which seems to be where Peterson is certainly heading.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006   #12
TK_Gamer
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVPTK_Gamer was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Japan
Kubiak seems to like the DBs we have. I don't think he'll overspend for Law at this point or gamble on damaged goods. However, if someone cuts a solid guy who not on the downside of 30 because of $$ he might consider bringing them in.

I simply think he likes the talent we have now, coupled with the front 7 upgrades we've made.
I'm more worried about the 2 safety positions than I am about P-buc and Faggins. particularly the FS spot. but maybe one of the new guys will step up. I just think some speed to help out the corners is lacking in that position.
Old 05-28-2006   #13
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Ty Law are you kidding me? The INT's he got last year, I think the majority of them were in like 2 games. Plus he had trouble with the new rules for DB's and got flagged for it many times. We cannot be comfortable with the DB's we have with the excemption of D-Rob and Earl. I understand that a good pass rush helps a secondary, but we are just one injury away from faggins playing. I do look forward to what Mckenzie could do. Let's face it..........We need another CB.
Old 05-28-2006   #14
gooneybird
Rookie

Default DB Help?

The only places where I read or hear any concern about our current defensive backfield is on message boards (like this one), from the talk show idiots (Hosts, included) and from a couple of our illustrious, editorializing Chronicle sportswriters.

I would be much more concerned if Coach Kubiak or Coach Hoke were out there scouring the free agent market for capable bodies. As far as I can tell, they appear to be happy with what we currently have.

In my opinion, Dom Capers REALLY wanted Phillip Buchanon. I think Jon Hoke just put PBuc in the backfield, like he was told to do. This year PBuc is going to have to prove that he is worthy of the starting assignment and maybe he is doing that. I am sure that Jon Hoke has gone over all of the tapes from last year and knows where our weaknesses are and is working with the current cast of players to resolve the issues.

I would love to see an article in the Chronicle, where one of our sports writers would write a story inconjunction with a position coach to highlight all of our players in that position and how they are doing in the off-season. Of course, the Texans Organization might not want that kind of exposure this year, since with Coach Kubiak coming in, we are really an unknown commodity for the 2007 season.
gooneybird is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read