Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-27-2006   #1
bulldawgtexan
Rookie

Default Babin out?

There is talk on the Dolphins website concerning the chance that Babin might be let go because of not fitting in with the new defensive scheme. They are saying that he would fit perfectly with the Capers Miamil defense. Any chance this might happen?
bulldawgtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #2
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

The guy played a 4-3 DE in college so I am pretty sure he'd be able to make the adjustment back to the 4-3. IMO he should fit better in the 4-3 than he did in the 3-4. With Capers over there now and being the offseason they'll probably say this about half of our defensive guys that were brought in under Capers.

Last edited by texan279; 05-27-2006 at 03:07 PM.
texan279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #3
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

Man, that would really suck. Releasing him after wasting high draft picks to get him.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #4
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

I like Peek..... but I find it odd that he is getting more reps than Babin right now.
Old 05-27-2006   #5
Dime
Hall of Fame

I dont believe this at all, and no link.. useless.
Old 05-27-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
The guy played a 4-3 DE in college so I am pretty sure he'd be able to make the adjustment back to the 4-3. IMO he should fit better in the 4-3 than he did in the 3-4. With Capers over there now and being the offseason they'll probably say this about half of our defensive guys that were brought in under Capers.
Babin was drafted by a 3-4 team, not a 4-3. He is what they call a tweener,
meaning he's a little smallish to be a 4-3 DE. He's trying to get bigger for our
4-3, but I saw a picture of him this week in the Chronicle and lets just say he looked like Travis Johnson Jr. if you know what I mean. In other words, he just doesn't carry 270 very well.
OK. His best bet might be with another 3-4 team and maybe someone like his
origional NFL sponser, Dom Capers, would be intersted if he can't make it here. Assuming they are running the 3-4 in Miami ?
Dang, if Kubiak loses interest in him, I would hope they could get something for him. A 6th or 7th round pick ? He is saddled with a big cap number
though.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #7
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime
I dont believe this at all, and no link.. useless.
I found it at the Dolphin's message board, but it's just some guys saying that if somehow Babin became available that Capers should bring him to Miami, and we would be stupid if we cut him, blah blah blah. There is not even a rumor posted over there about us releasing him, just that they think he would fit perfect over there in Caper's defense. All just fan speculation and discussion over there.
Old 05-27-2006   #8
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
meaning he's a little smallish to be a 4-3 DE. He's trying to get bigger for our
4-3, but I saw a picture of him this week in the Chronicle and lets just say he looked like Travis Johnson Jr. if you know what I mean. In other words, he just doesn't carry 270 very well.
origional NFL sponser, Dom Capers, would be intersted if he can't make it here. Assuming they are running the 3-4 in Miami ?
Dang, if Kubiak loses interest in him, I would hope they could get something for him. A 6th or 7th round pick ? He is saddled with a big cap number
though.
He was considered a tweener after he dropped 20 pounds to become quicker for the draft. He played at 280 in college and was a beast in college. Babin at 280 in college
Babin at 270 now

I swear some of you see one pic of a guy with no pads on and and then he's labeled fat, out of shape, or a bust....
Old 05-27-2006   #9
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
He was considered a tweener after he dropped 20 pounds to become quicker for the draft. He played at 280 in college and was a beast in college. Babin at 280 in college
Babin at 270 now

I swear some of you see one pic of a guy with no pads on and and then he's labeled fat, out of shape, or a bust....
he was a beast in college but who did he play against???
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #10
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP
Default link

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/sh...d.php?t=143703
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #11
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Until i see a link that shows that this is more than speculation, I shall treat it as just that.
Old 05-27-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
Who did he play WITH?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #13
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Until i see a link that shows that this is more than speculation, I shall treat it as just that.
This is all speculation and Dolphin fan gossip...
Old 05-27-2006   #14
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
Which teams did Mario Williams rack up his stats against?
Old 05-27-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
though.
Right now, He's bigger than Jevon Kearse.... Dwight Freeney..... Gbaja-Biamala, & John Abraham...... he had to loose weight to become a 3-4 DE.

Peek is more of true tweener than Babin.
Old 05-27-2006   #16
SESupergenius

Peek is just not as smart as Babin, Babin was the better 3-4 player. Peek has everthing going for him last year but still didn't impress me like he should of when he was handed the ROLB spot. I expected more out of him after year 3.
Old 05-27-2006   #17
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Right now, He's bigger than Jevon Kearse.... Dwight Freeney..... Gbaja-Biamala, & John Abraham...... he had to loose weight to become a 3-4 DE.

Peek is more of true tweener than Babin.
Agreed, there are several great DE's in the NFL in the 250-265 pound range, which is why I coudln't understand why people in the past have said Babin needed to gain weight to play the DE spot or that he was too small to play DE.
Old 05-27-2006   #18
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius
Peek is just not as smart as Babin, Babin was the better 3-4 player. Peek has everthing going for him last year but still didn't impress me like he should of when he was handed the ROLB spot. I expected more out of him after year 3.
Agreed, Peek has the motor and the physical ability, but I think he is lacking the mental discipline and restraint.
Old 05-27-2006   #19
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You need to get that other picture in that article 279, because that's where
Jason looks like a Samurai Guy who is about ready to have triplets. It's not
becoming !
I'm tellin you pardner, this guy can't play at 270 unless it's as a fat boy in a hot dog eating contest. He's just not 4-3 DE material.
Now IMO if he's got a future in the NFL its as a 250 pounder OLB in the 3-4 where he might land someplace where he can make a contribution and have a job.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #20
texan279
Hall of Fame

Quote:
You need to get that other picture in that article 279, because that's where
Jason looks like a Samurai Guy who is about ready to have triplets. It's not
becoming !
I'm tellin you pardner, this guy can't play at 270 unless it's as a fat boy in a hot dog eating contest. He's just not 4-3 DE material.
Now IMO if he's got a future in the NFL its as a 250 pounder OLB in the 3-4 where he might land someplace where he can make a contribution and have a job.
He sure did a hell of a job in college playing at 280 though...guess that was all a fluke...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read