Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2004   #1
66cobra
Veteran

Default When the dust settles by Sunday...

...who do you think will be culled from the herd? The 53 man roster must be set by Sunday (according to the graphics from the Texans-Bucs geme). How many do we have to cut to get to 53? ...and who will be cut? Also, who will be placed on the 8 man practice squad Monday? I only hope that Sloan Thomas will be either on the roster or practice squad.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think you will see Sloan on the PS.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #3
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Is Sloan Thomas eligable this year ? Well i know Armstrong looked good and so did starling They really didnt give Thomas much of a chance to show what he can do.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Armstrong is going to be awesome this year and he will be starting by next year.
Old 09-03-2004   #5
Diehardtexan
Veteran

The roster now has 65 players...I'm not sure who on the IR that will take a roster spot and how they will report that to the NFL office.
Diehardtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #6
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

The thing about Armstrong is he has been the most consistent next to AJ in all our preseason games.
Old 09-03-2004   #7
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think once a player is placed on the IR then he doesn't count against the 53 man roster. I'm sure Ramon Walker will be put on the IR though. I see Thomas making the practice squad, along with Jamal Lord and Brad Lekerker (sp?). Simmons will probably get cut, and it will be interesting to see who gets cut out of Vaughn and Bell. If Wright is healthy then we'd be hard pressed to keep both of them. I think Murphy makes the roster as a 3rd TE, and Holloway gets cut.
texasguy346 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think Murphy will likely make it also. Still a bit of a coin toss between him and Holloway, but I think he gets it. Better speed and hands.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #9
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

After yesterday, I don't see Murphy making the team.

IR doesn't count against the 53.

Sloan Thomas will be practice squad.

Starling deserves a roster spot, but he may be getting one on another team. I'm sure they'll keep him if they can.
Old 09-03-2004   #10
Htown34s
Veteran

I feel bad for Sloan Thomas. He hasn't had anything thrown his way except for a handfull of completely uncatchable balls. Maybe hes not performing well in practice, but you certainly can't judge him by the preseason.
Old 09-03-2004   #11
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 7477 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htown34s
I feel bad for Sloan Thomas. He hasn't had anything thrown his way except for a handfull of completely uncatchable balls. Maybe hes not performing well in practice, but you certainly can't judge him by the preseason.
Yes you can. Kendrick Starling is an undrafted free agent, and the folks here love him. Having a good camp can earn you a roster spot, regardless of where you were / weren't drafted.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #12
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip
After yesterday, I don't see Murphy making the team.
i actually see him making the team as the 3rd TE, he had some good hands from what i saw
Old 09-04-2004   #13
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21216 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we'll see Starling make the 53. I think they'll end up keeping 6 WR. JJ definitely didn't do anything to lose his spot and Starling showed enough that he won't survive the practice squad. Players aren't protected there and I think someone would sign him. The only safe way is to keep him on the roster. Sloan Thomas should be able to sit safely on the practice squad.

I don't see them getting rid of Simmons. I think his versatility being able to play S or CB and the fact that he's a good special teams player helps him stay. I think Darrick Vaughn might not make the cut. Not because of anything he's done, but it's a problem of numbers. They could choose to put Earl on IR for the season and keep Vaughn, but I don't see that happening. Bell's a big time special teamer and should make the 53.

The Holloway/Murphy call is tight. A lot will depend on Bennie. If he's going to be able to come back I think they keep Holloway. If he doesn't I still think they keep Holloway.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read