Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Does the offseason drive you crazy?

Is it me, or does the football offseason just feel extrodinarily long? I'm ready for football now! We still have to wait 3 months I want to see the Texans play (whether on TV or in person). Reading all this stuff in the Chronicle is nice and good, but I'm ready to see the Texans Gameday section.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #2
mapleleaf
Veteran

Well the offseason is pretty long compared to the other sports, but if I want football during the offseason I always go to the XBOX and play Madden!
Old 05-26-2006   #3
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default In a word

YES!!!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

To have something drive you crazy assumes that you are not already there in the first place.

My latest blog post is what happens when there is no football and you have seen and heard every single threat about not being a fan no more:

Rant du jour.

Made myself giggle. Sure sign of off-season crazy. I need to do a real football post next.

Liked the Cowboy joke that turned up in the comments.

Sure would be nice if the Astros started playing better.
Old 05-26-2006   #5
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 38657 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

This offseason has been very very good to Texans fans!

Old 05-26-2006   #6
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

This off-season has been longer than most, it seems. Maybe not as long as the off-season before our first season, but it definitely feels longer than any we've had so far since getting the team.

But, pre-season games in August, that leaves June and July. Then we have training camp in July (right?), so then that leaves June. So get all your chores done in the next month or so!

Man, I have to stop thinking about it...my eyes are going to pop out!
Old 05-26-2006   #7
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
This off-season has been longer than most, it seems. Maybe not as long as the off-season before our first season, but it definitely feels longer than any we've had so far since getting the team.

But, pre-season games in August, that leaves June and July. Then we have training camp in July (right?), so then that leaves June. So get all your chores done in the next month or so!

Man, I have to stop thinking about it...my eyes are going to pop out!
Copa Mundial este Junio.

Gooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Old 05-26-2006   #8
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
To have something drive you crazy assumes that you are not already there in the first place.
Ah, Texan Chick - there is crazy and then there is crazier. I know things are getting bad when I start watching baseball and soccer.

The good news is that come August - or maybe even July - I shall return to my normal crazy off-kilter self.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As my sig says, I have been there. It's kind of nice, peacefull in a disorented sort of way. I wouldn't have had as much fun I guess without my internal buddies. We are all relativly calm now and are just trance like waiting for the season. I sure hope the medication holds out that long.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #10
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Is it me, or does the football offseason just feel extrodinarily long? I'm ready for football now! We still have to wait 3 months I want to see the Texans play (whether on TV or in person). Reading all this stuff in the Chronicle is nice and good, but I'm ready to see the Texans Gameday section.
It's you. The Steelers just won the SB. Feels like yesterday.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #11
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I think the great moves is what is killing everybody around here to get started.

I guess we know what happens to those who wait.

Go off-season!!
Old 05-27-2006   #12
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

To me, it feels like any other offseason! It feels longer to most becuz we have basically a new team with new coaches & players, a new system both on offense & defense! I think it's an exciting time for Texans' fans everywhere! Just enjoy the ride or journey like The Dream would say about life. Right now, I'm waiting for the NBA draft & who the Rocktets pick, 8 & 32! I hope they can find gems!
Old 05-27-2006   #13
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
We are all relativly calm now and are just trance like waiting for the season. I sure hope the medication holds out that long.
Sorry Edo, but I'm fresh out of sympathy for you. You're about ready to enjoy
the weather of a glorious Colorado Summer, while the rest of us down here are gonna have to sweat out the heat, monotony, and confinement of Texas in the summertime.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

There's a 20 page thread on the acquisition of the 3rd string RB from the 2nd worst team in the league.

The proof is in the pudding.

***edit***
He's the best 3rd string RB that I can think of.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #15
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Long off seasons are what happens when you start looking to next year in October.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Copa Mundial este Junio.

Gooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
thats still two weeks away! cmon 'stros, make the next 14 days bearable!
Old 05-27-2006   #17
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy
Sorry Edo, but I'm fresh out of sympathy for you. You're about ready to enjoy
the weather of a glorious Colorado Summer, while the rest of us down here are gonna have to sweat out the heat, monotony, and confinement of Texas in the summertime.
Oh I have plenty of summertime hardships, 80-85 degrees, 30% humidity.......wait...guess I don't. I do feel for y'all in Houston in the summer. When I lived there, the heat and Humidity really was opressive.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006   #18
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Hell Yes
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006   #19
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Babin and TJ threads have devolved into a pile of goo.

What drives me crazier is not the off-season, it is silly stuff said in threads about players in May. IT'S MAY!!! MAY!!! OK, almost June, but still, c'mon.

People are just making stuff up. Females are supposed to be the biggest gossips? HA!!! Most gossipy people I know are sports and political folks.

(Oh, btw, gratuitous plug. AJ is mentioned in the blog today in my summary of the Texans OTAs to date. The blog post is goo free.)
Old 05-28-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
What drives me crazier is not the off-season, it is silly stuff said in threads about players in May. IT'S MAY!!! MAY!!! OK, almost June, but still, c'mon.

People are just making stuff up. Females are supposed to be the biggest gossips? HA!!! Most gossipy people I know are sports and political folks.

(Oh, btw, gratuitous plug. AJ is mentioned in the blog today in my summary of the Texans OTAs to date. The blog post is goo free.)
Chick I agree with you a lot, but on TJ I'm somewhat in disagreement with you. What bothers me is how TJ looks. He looks terribly out of shape. I could care less if he is struggling with his position, because that can be corrected.

I thought we started TC's on the 9th, but the point is in any other camp he would be in serious trouble. Hopefully, he can loose some of that weight and get into shape. I hope he does.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read