Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2004   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Foreman and Sears

I have to hand it too these 2 guys , Foreman has really impressed me this year he looks alot better than in years passed hes making alot plays and is always around the Ball , maybe he feels the competition for his spot this year . Sears has also impressed me this year he really seems to be doing a great job on this season thus far anyway hes a quality back up in my opinion.Has anyone else noticed the how much better these 2 are doing this season thus far ?
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd have to agree. Sears will be very good playing limited snaps. Foreman is hearing footsteps so he really has to step up his game as he is doing now.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #3
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Yeah theyre both looking really good ! Its amazing what having a lil competition will do for a guy ,,,,lets just hope he carries it over into the regular season! But i like foreman and i think sears is doing a pretty good job himself,,,,much improved since last season! So in shorter terms i AGREE with you.
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

You know, I think Foreman's performance as of late had to do with the Kailee Wong move when we played Pitts. Yes, Capers was doing it for cautionary measures to give Wong reps at MLB and yes they made sure to sit the LB corp down and let them know about the move but if you notice he only did it with Foreman, not Sharper also.

I think this was Dom's professional way of letting Foreman know he needs more out of him. But hey it pays because Foreman looked to be the only guy tackling last night.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #5
HoustonTexans4Life
Rookie

Send a message via MSN to HoustonTexans4Life

Good point EL,,,,Doms a smart man !
HoustonTexans4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Foreman's play has been both miserable and good this pre-season. When he is passive he is really the worst starting Inside linebacker in the NFL. When he is decisive and playing with smarts he is average at best. In our first two games Foreman was just horrible. He has picked it up the last two since Wong has been getting more looks at the inside. On balance, Foreman and Brown are probably our two weakest starters if you discount the rookie factor of Babin and Robinson.

Sears is in better shape and will see less snaps this year so he will be fresher for a greater % of plays. He seems to be penetrating the LOS more this pre-season. Junior Ioane's pure strength and power impressed me last night. Our defensive line is going to be solid if we can stay healthy.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Foreman had a nice game at Denver. He showed good lateral movement and penetrated the run lanes instead of waiting to meet the lead blocker or the back. Sears is a mad man. Last night on the goal line stand, he was getting under his blocks and creating all kinds of mayhem in the middle. He did the same at Denver. I'm glad we have both of those guys.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read