Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-26-2006   #1
Paragon Blue
Veteran

Default Doering released

per KFFL
Texans | Doering released
Fri, 26 May 2006 10:41:51 -0700

HoustonTexans.com reports the Houston Texans have released WR Chris Doering.
I know it's not a big deal but it has to do with the Texans and I'm bored!!
Old 05-26-2006   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

C'mon Derrick Lewis!!!!!! Hey I'm from Austin and he played for the Wranglers.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #3
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

and I spent all that time yesterday reading the thread about how he was rated as a receiver. Drats!
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #4
marroncito
Rookie

so how long will he stay as #3 on the depth chart? :P
marroncito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Here's a little more on the situation rather than him just being released.

http://www.gainesville.com/apps/pbcs...0348/-1/sports

Quote:
Wide receiver Chris Doering, who recently un-retired to make a comeback attempt with the Houston Texans, asked for his release from the team last week.

Doering, who has eight NFL seasons to his credit, said the numbers situation at wide receiver with the Texans wasn't favorable and he was tired of leaving his wife and two children every week to make the commute from Gainesville to Houston to work out with the team.

"I decided to go ahead and ask for my release," said the former P.K. Yonge star who holds the UF career record for touchdown receptions with 31. "It was good to be able to tell my kids I wasn't leaving any more on Sunday nights. It was nice to have the decision in my hands."

Doering said he was performing well in workouts and fielding many questions from the young receivers trying to make the roster.

"It was kind of cool to help some of these young guys out," he said. "I think I earned their respect the way I ran routes. It was nice to go out and feel like I can still compete."

During his NFL career, Doering, who was drafted by Jacksonville, played for Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Denver, Washington and Pittsburgh.
I'm glad to see he can go home happily to his family and that they care so much to him. It's nice to see he was being looked up to by the younger guys. Too bad he's gone.
Old 06-06-2006   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Doering said he was performing well in workouts and fielding many questions from the young receivers trying to make the roster.

"It was kind of cool to help some of these young guys out," he said. "I think I earned their respect the way I ran routes. It was nice to go out and feel like I can still compete."
Shanahan really emphasizes proper route running to make the offense work. He says that athletic WR can get away with being a little sloppy with it, but even if you are slow, if you can run a tight route, you can get separation. For the purposes of the offense, hands and excellent route running beat just plain speed.

An example he gave was Randy Moss--athletic WR but crap route runner. He can get away with it because he is a freak.

In general, he was saying that as a guy stays in the league a while, and his athletic skills diminish, if he is still a sloppy route runner, he won't be able to play. (IIRC, the route running is what he really liked about Walters).

Article is nice in how it suggests how more experienced receivers can help younger ones.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read