Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-26-2006   #1
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Your Favorite Running Back.....

For this excercise, let's list our favorite running back. tell us why he's your favorite, and describe his running style...

Me, right now, my favorite running back is Ricky Williams....... I know.... I know.... dudes not right in the head.... and his priorities way the f@#k out there. But when he straps that helmet on, and you give him the ball. He's tough..... He's a north south runner, with power to move mountains, and he's got enough speed that most guys won't try to catch him.

IMHO, he is a bigger, faster, stronger Eddie George..... when I think of a running back, that's what I want.... a young Eddie George, a blue collar running back.
Old 05-26-2006   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33516 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

LT. Size, speed, power and great hands. Total package running back that performed behind a weak o-line and on teams with little talent around him.
Old 05-26-2006   #3
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 30712 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I am assuming favorite of all time?

Earl Campbell-tough tough tough no b/s runner that would punish the defender for even daring to touch him

Jim Brown-Did things with the football that was unheard of in his time and in a shorter game schedule. Pioneer of sorts. He is deffinetly the man.

Ricky Williams-Same style of runner as campbell. That is probably why he needs the dope, have you seen campbell lately? He is in constant pain and last I heard was in a wheel chair b/c of his knees.

Bettis-In his prime fast, agile, and hit you like a Mack truck.

Bo Jackson-loved watching him move. Could score at any point in time.

DD-scrappy, mobile, legs always pumping, great hands, mental toughness.

that is what i can think of right now

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #4
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

all-time: robert smith. now: ronnie brown.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #5
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
LT. Size, speed, power and great hands. Total package running back that performed behind a weak o-line and on teams with little talent around him.
I second this motion if we're talking about current RBs. He has great size, speed, power, and hands, he is probably the best allround RB in the league, Shaun Alexander may be a better pure runner, and Larry Johnson is quickly on the rise.

If you're talking all-time then you have to go with Walter Payton for the same qualities as LT and Barry Sanders as the most exciting and productive runner (3rd in total career yards, easily #1 in yards per season with over 1500 yards per year) and playing on so many bad teams where he was the only option.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Plus, he works harder than most, if not all, players in the NFL team. He isn't good because he is a great talent, he is great because he works to be great.0
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #7
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 18 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

All-time

Earl Campbell- great mix of size, power and speed.

Eric Dickerson- love of fluidly he ran.

Current

Shawn Alexander- Just score TD's, don't think he gets enough credit.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-26-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Larry Johnson, and have since his days in college. I also like McGahee, and have since college.

I hate Bettis with a passion as far as a player, but respect him besides that.
Old 05-26-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 153118 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
all-time: robert smith. now: ronnie brown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
For this excercise, let's list our favorite running back. tell us why he's your favorite, and describe his running style...
I think you forgot something Ms. Cleo.
Old 05-26-2006   #10
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

LaDainian
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
I think you forgot something Ms. Cleo.
no, i just didn't care to go any further.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

All-time: Earl Campbell

Now: LT, but need to keep an eye on Larry Johnson for a full season.
Old 05-26-2006   #13
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 374 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

All time would be Emmitt because I was there when he was a rookie and I know how hard he worked, how good he was and how competitive he was.

I saw Walter once and he was fantastic. Just awesome.

Now I'd have to say Tomlinson or Priest Holmes. Texas connections of course.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #14
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

In my lifetime... Barry Sanders. He was fluid and avoid hits. He made every play spectacular. The amazing thing is that while he had quickness and startup speed, he didn't have breakaway speed. I bet he will forever hold the record for most 50+ yard runs that didn't result in a TD.

As for right now, I don't have a favorite one. I liked Marshall Faulk about 5 years ago. He could do it all. There isn't a back that stands out above the rest for me right now (LJ, LT, and Bush look like candidates though).
Old 05-26-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Thanks guys...... lots of good posts....

I really enjoyed the extra mile some of you went, with explaning your picks.
Old 05-26-2006   #16
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 903 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Cadillac Williams- He runs HARD every play, and has the skill set to take it to the house every time he touches it. Dude is a workhorse

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #17
colts18288
Rookie

All time Barry Sanders, Ankle breakin stops, turn on a dime and give 9 cents back. Could have had all the records but walked away in his prime. Played behind the worst line any HOF running back ever has.IMHO. Put him behind the line Emmitt Smith had and

Now LJ Kansas City, crushes tacklers and got some speed for a big man. Sure wouldnt want to be a D.B. and see that running at me.
colts18288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #18
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

im also a LT and LJ fan- and the 'top' rb's i dont like (overrated imo) are alexander and james....

but my favourite rb is Clinton Portis- much like what DD was to us last year(main offence) except better and hell can he pass-block...just shows alot of heart and has skill aswell.
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Right now : Reggie Bush

Style : don't know. it's a mystery and mystery is good. All you know is that a storm is coming, the sheep are baaing, and the funnel clouds are forming.

Whether it turns into a full blown tornado or just night of pattering rain is anybody's guess.
Old 05-26-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 28048 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
Right now : Reggie Bush

Style : don't know. it's a mystery and mystery is good. All you know is that a storm is coming, the sheep are baaing, and the funnel clouds are forming.

Whether it turns into a full blown tornado or just night of pattering rain is anybody's guess.
I believe only the Virtual Reggie will be playing, on Xbox and PS, until a contract is signed in the NFL by Reggie Bush.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read