Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-05-2004   #81
txstater
Rookie

Default huh?

Every newspaper, tv station that carries games, website, and stadium scoreboard I've ever seen abbreviates "yards" as YD or YDS.

I'm not sure if that was his problem with my post, or even if it was my contention that YDs are more important than TDs. It might've been my opinion that Moses has proven himself. If that's the case, I can't say anything more; we all know the saying about opinions.

(BTW, there were 13 KR for TD last year; 2 players had 2, 9 had 1. Seems like a pretty small-sampled stat to put much stock in...)
txstater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #82
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I'm so glad Thompson was wrong. I'm not happy about some other cuts, but I guess that's the way it goes. Moses earned his spot.
Old 09-05-2004   #83
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Caper's take on JJ

From MARK BABINECK, AP
Quote:
``I just felt after watching us go through preseason, we're getting ready to play for real and we aren't experimenting anymore,'' Capers said Sunday. ``J.J.'s a guy I have confidence in, and he went the whole year without putting the ball on the ground.''
See you guys in the next cut JJ thread, sometime during the '05 training camp.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #84
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

As it turns out, the Texans beat writer has no insider information. Not surprising.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #85
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

It's not just the lack of insider information. If he had been making his predictions based just on the same observations that we are privy to, the chances of him making a prediction that Moses would be cut would be slim. It makes him sound like he doesn't know what he's talking about. Many people, amateur and expert alike, changed their minds about Moses's status after Thursday's game. Not just his performance, but the way the coaches handled the return assignments as well.

Cluelessness or laziness - neither one is something I want from a reporter.
Old 09-05-2004   #86
mes311
Rookie

Default 3rd TE

I'm glad Moses made it as our 3rd TE Really, I'm glad JJ and Starling both made the team. Moses definitly showed the most as a returner throughout preseason.

It's possible Thompson's article deadline was before Thursday's game, but I doubt it.
mes311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #87
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Moses if you're reading this, I want you to know that I have been praying for you.

I am glad to see Kid Din-o-Mite made the team and proved alot of people wrong. I feel having a guy with his attitude and determination is exactly what you need in a Kick Returner. I hope to see Moses make some big returns this season.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2004   #88
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Starling and Moses stay. They shed a TE.

I nailed it
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read