Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-03-2004   #1
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected
Default JJ Moses, still standing?

I know everyone here has their opinions but the preseason is where you show your stuff and this is the only guy I've seen return kicks or punts and do something with the ball. He hasn't returned any back for a TD but he has put the offense in good field position twice already.

Do you think he still gets the nod to be on the team after yesterdays performance?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #2
gwallaia

Rep Power: 63494 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we keep him.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #3
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i think Starling replaces him.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #4
dmt217
Veteran

I think he'll stay...
dmt217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I think he and Starling will be on the team. Who will not be is any ones guess at this point. JJ has showed the solid consitant play that Capers likes and Starling has shown potential at WR, but not near as much at KR.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #6
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ Moses should stay. He is the only guy on our team that returned kicks with some zip. Everyone else looked very hesitant and easy pickins to tackle. Especially Starling.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #7
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO we keep both Starling who has looked good as a WR and excellent on special teams and JJ. Last night JJ had 3 KR's averaging 30 yards. Possibly more importantly the returns were not typical JJ shuck and jive returns--JJ turned up field, showed good vision and on the first return hit an incredibly small hole between two of his blockers. If he can transform into a head up field first, shuck as a last resort guy he may make a significant leap in performance.
Old 09-03-2004   #8
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I think we keep JJ and Starling. If it means we carry one less player at another position then so be it. JJ is a good KR, and Starling has the dimension of being a quality WR and a good gunner. I also think Matt Murphy might have won a spot on the roster with all his good catches thus far in the preseason. It might mean Holloway won't make the roster though. Guess we'll find out Sunday.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #9
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

So if we keep Starling and J.J. Moses we lose Armstrong?? I don't want to lose Armstrong!!

Which of these would end up on the practice squad, thus no playing time on the field??

Armstrong, great hands!
Starling, talented in different positions....lacks what J.J. has in returns though.
J.J. Moses, takes up roster spots and is really only helpful in returns...but no one has proved to do it better than he.
Old 09-03-2004   #10
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
So if we keep Starling and J.J. Moses we lose Armstrong?? I don't want to lose Armstrong!!
Nobody is suggesting that. I suspect they are going to keep 6 wr's: AJ, Bradford, Gaffney, Armstrong, Starling and JJ. Sloan Thomas to the practice squad.
Old 09-03-2004   #11
pskinny
Veteran

There's no way JJ gets cut. Too bad his performance last year was forgotten by some and it took a preseason game to convince them.

I absolutely can't wait until next Sunday the 12th.
pskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #12
SBTexans08
All Pro

So we get to have 6 recievers on the depth chart? Okay, I didn't know that. This is definitely fantastic news!!
Old 09-03-2004   #13
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

OT....When is the deadline for final cuts?
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #14
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
OT....When is the deadline for final cuts?
Cuts to 53 man roster are due Sunday.
Old 09-03-2004   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

I think JJ is still standing and I think Starling makes the final 53 as well.

I hope that whoever said Starling couldn't tackle was watching when he laid the wood to that guy late in the game last night. OK, he didn't wrap him up but it was a great hit.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #16
SBTexans08
All Pro

That was an amazing hit. That guy (Starling) never ceases to amaze me. I've been really impressed with him.
Old 09-03-2004   #17
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

Me too, I'd be shocked if Starling didnt make the team. I have a feeling they'll keep Moses as well...
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #18
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
but there goes the kicker runnin him down from behind and tacklin him with ease. i wish we could put our high school runnin back from here in the camp back there to return punts chad long. 5'6 150 4.34 10.50 2000 yards rush 8 ypc 28 td. put him in moses uniform one day haha, they would no the differance though, cause hed take one in for sure.
What? Nice ramble.

On your first comment, woudn't you rather him get tackled from behind than head on!!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #19
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

i haven't seen anything that leads me to believe we are keeping 6 WRs. Starling will beat out Moses purely on versatility. he can contribute as a WR and in special teams, both in returns and as a gunner.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #20
SBTexans08
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
i haven't seen anything that leads me to believe we are keeping 6 WRs. Starling will beat out Moses purely on versatility. he can contribute as a WR and in special teams, both in returns and as a gunner.

I haven't seen anything on 6 WRs either.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read