Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default WR Depth Chart?

I was looking at foxsports.com at the depth charts listed and on ours they had AJ as our #1 WR, Moulds as our #2, and Chris Doering as our #3. The guy has been in the league for 10 seasons and has missed 5 seasons for whatever reason. Anyone know anything about this guy?
Old 05-25-2006   #2
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Thats gotta be a typo, they must mean Kevin Walter who will battle Derrick Armstrong for it.
Old 05-25-2006   #3
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 132152 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

they apperently dont have a clue. our 3rd spot is up in the air right now but i can assure you that it's not doering. kubiak keeping armstrong speaks volumes and if i had to guess (or maybe hope), he's leading right now. kevin walter has the tools and looks to be someone thought highly of, and we know that david anderson is a kubiak favorite. it'd be silly first of all to guess at this point, but to suggest that doering (who has started 3 games in his 10 year NFL career, with a season high of 18 receptions) is any part of it is asinine.
Old 05-25-2006   #4
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
Thats gotta be a typo, they must mean Kevin Walter who will battle Derrick Armstrong for it.
This is how they have it listed...that's why I am asking, seems odd to me...

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Eric Moulds
WR3 Chris Doering
WR4 Kevin Walter
WR5 David Anderson

LINK
Old 05-25-2006   #5
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Eric Moulds
WR3 Chris Doering
WR4 Kevin Walter
WR5 David Anderson

LINK
Well theres the problem, its FOX Sports! Notice how Doering is mis-spelled as well. Honestly, I'll be suprised if Doering makes the 53 man roster.
Old 05-25-2006   #6
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 132152 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Eric Moulds
WR3 Chris Doering
WR4 Kevin Walter
WR5 David Anderson

LINK
actually, it looks accurate if you replace doering with armstrong. could be a misprint.
Old 05-25-2006   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

At this point I would say the top five are AJ, Moulds, Armstrong, Walter, and Mathis.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter
actually, it looks accurate if you replace doering with armstrong. could be a misprint.
Wells as our second string "featured back" is another big misprint.
Old 05-25-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

And on there it has Moran Norris as our #2 FB
Old 05-25-2006   #10
tex
Veteran

And Dave Ragone as #2 quarterback
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #11
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Eric Moulds
WR3 Chris Doering
WR4 Kevin Walter
WR5 David Anderson

LINK
Remove Doering slide Walter up, and Armstrong and Anderson can battle #4
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #12
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

At this point in the season with all the changes going on, you cannot even look at depth charts until you get into training camp a couple weeks and get near the first preseason game.
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually Chris Doering is proving to be one of the most sought after WR in the league. Sources say he is now emerging as the #2 WR behind Andre Johnson but now as I am typing this, even Andre Johnson cannot afford to drop another pass for the remainder of camp or else he will be replaced by the ever jaw dropping wide receiver skills of Chris Doering.

Chris Doering doesn't catch a football. It simply knows to go right into his hands the very second it is released from the QBs hands.

Okay I'll stop joking around.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Actually Chris Doering is proving to be one of the most sought after WR in the league. Sources say he is now emerging as the #2 WR behind Andre Johnson but now as I am typing this, even Andre Johnson cannot afford to drop another pass for the remainder of camp or else he will be replaced by the ever jaw dropping wide receiver skills of Chris Doering.

Chris Doering doesn't catch a football. It simply knows to go right into his hands the very second it is released from the QBs hands.

Okay I'll stop joking around.
Wow, you scared me. I was wondering what the heck happened to EMo.

I see it as being like this

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Eric Moulds
WR3 Derick Armstrong
WR4 Kevin Walter
WR5 David Anderson
WR6 Jerome Mathis

I think we keep 6 with all the talent in the WR position.
Old 05-25-2006   #15
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I think Capers and his staff hated Armstrong for some reason. He never got decent playing time, and all he does is make clutch catches.
Old 05-25-2006   #16
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
I think Capers and his staff hated Armstrong for some reason. He never got decent playing time, and all he does is make clutch catches.
That's exactly why I think Armstrong beats out Walter. Everyone thinks Walter already has the #3 WR spot but I think Armstrong is better than Walter, given the chance.
Old 05-25-2006   #17
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
That's exactly why I think Armstrong beats out Walter. Everyone thinks Walter already has the #3 WR spot but I think Armstrong is better than Walter, given the chance.
Actually, I think it will come down to who can get seperation from the person defending them better, and how they will match up vs. CB's
Old 05-25-2006   #18
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't rely on national media for any roster depth charts. They have less of a clue than we have.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #19
gsbtxn
Veteran

I just heard on the 610 sports flash that Doering was cut today.
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #20
gsbtxn
Veteran

And for those that demand links, just saw this on the Texans website...

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/tr...20Transactions
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read