Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 48121 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default ESPN (and the media in general) hate the Texans!

Ok, now I'm officially convinced. This link has proved it to me:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index?...lid=gn_NFL_NFL

See that main picture for the main story? If you can't, its a very large picture of Jerry Jones and Bob McNair pointing to something, and the caption reads, "Jerry Jones, left, and other owners have no desire to expand"

What the heck??? Its just JJ and McNair, and you can't even mention who McNair is?? This is getting ridiculous.

PS: I know this thread is sort of silly, but hey, I'm venting and thanks for listening
Old 05-24-2006   #2
Honch Delgado
Veteran

Maybe they confused Bob with Malcolm McDowell.

Honch Delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #3
tex
Veteran

It's always been like that when it comes to pro teams in H-town.The media doesn't like Houston for some reason.Unless they can report something bad or a Houston team getting beat bad or setting something like a sack record. PS:I guess I'm venting also.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #4
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Houston is a working town, so the media usually doesnt get too many ratings reporting about it unless there is negative news about it. Well thats what I would like to think anyways.
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #5
Mr. Stugots

I guess they decided not to use his name since he's wearing a vest with a Texan's logo and his team has been the center of attention with the NFL Draft and all for the past couple of months.
Old 05-25-2006   #6
non natural texan
Rookie

WHO CARES!!!

Almost every NFL fan in America knows who Jerry Jones is... in comparison, very few know who McNair is. It wasn't in insult to McNair, when McNair opens his mouth no one cares when Jones does people do.

I doubt anyone is saying to themselves, who is the bald guy with Jerry? Then searching for who it is on the net.

In addition, the web nerd that wrote that likely wasn't thinking I hate the Texans, McNair dosen't get a mention here.

Arrgh!

EDIT: sorry, missed your venting note at the bottom... but still.
non natural texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #7
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw that to and IMO it was an obvious and therefor curious ommisson of an owners names who has become very prominent in his relatively short time on the NFL scene.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2006   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 23884 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

"Bob McNair, right and a mummified person have no desire to expand." John Clayton wrote the article, I think he knows Bob McNair.

What's interesting though from another thread on this board - looks like he doesn't think it's the Vikings in the possible location, but does have the Jags.
Quote:
With no expansion, the list of possible moving options to Los Angeles includes the Chargers, the Saints, the Bills and the Jaguars. The Chargers would like to work out something in San Diego county, and they still have time to do it. Saints fans purchased more than 55,000 season tickets, and that type of commitment from the fans keeps the idea of staying in New Orleans alive in the short term. Bills owner Ralph Wilson has conveyed long-term concerns about football in Western New York although he will never move the team. Wayne Weaver is trying to make things work in Jacksonville in what is considered a tight market.
It's unfortunate for whatever city gets it taken away, been there and it's not pretty.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #9
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

If we go undefeated, ESPN will still hate us

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #10
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
"Bob McNair, right and a mummified person
now thats funny right there
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #11
Tex Trenches
Veteran

It's up the Texans and the way they perform to get national attention, and even then don't expect too much from the east coast bias capital of the world.

Lets give'em some-then to talk about.

Go Texans!!
Old 05-25-2006   #12
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

When the article was 1st posted and it wasn't a feature, McNair's name was mention 1st and then Jerry's. It was only after becoming the feature that McNair's name was removed.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #13
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

I don't buy it. For months, the talk of everyone was Houston, from the Bush Bowl, to the National Championship, to the signing of Carr, up to the draft, the drafting of Williams, and the aftermath of not selecting Bush.

What has really changed in my mind is that the most marketable, exciting player to come out of college football is in New Orleans now (No, VY was not traded to New Orleans). And everyone wants to know how will they use Reggie.

Since Mario isn't as marketable and recognizable of a figure nationally, the team must bounce back from 2-14 to get the attention, which I believe we will. We will be talked about as one of the best turnaround teams from last year.

I have heard other pro players (Patrick Ramsey) talking about the Texans as one of the biggest surprises for people this year. Mario Williams was just on with Trey Wingo on ESPN the other day.

A 2-14 team doesn't deserve any expsoure nationally, 'what have they done to earn it?', many will ask. Considering the non-factor we were last year in the NFL, I think we are getting much better coverage this off season than last offseason from a national perspective.
Old 05-25-2006   #14
rafterticket
Veteran

Is there some kind of synchronized owner competition at these meetings?
Old 05-25-2006   #15
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 9120 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

That is pretty ridiculous ... it's not like Bob McNair doesn't have money and a team all his own.
Old 05-25-2006   #16
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

You have to remember that the NFL, ESPN, and other media didn't even want this team in Houston in the first place. It was only after LA didn't step to the table, and McNair did that we got the Texans. And we haven't really done anything to help them either, whether it is not signing any problem (good media story) free agents, to drafting Bush (who ESPN thinks is the greatest person since Jesus Christ).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #17
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Wink

ESPN

(eastern sports propaganda network)
Old 05-25-2006   #18
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
ESPN

(eastern sports propaganda network)

NFL network rules!!!
Old 05-25-2006   #19
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan hater
NFL network rules!!!
I have cable. Time Warner needs to get their heads of their rear ends and give me some NFL network.
Old 05-25-2006   #20
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
I have cable. Time Warner needs to get their heads of their rear ends and give me some NFL network.
Yes, an anal cranial extraction is in order.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read