Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-25-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Bear's DePaul in mix for Texans GM gig?

LINK

Bobby DePaul, the Bears' director of pro personnel, is rumored to be a candidate for the Houston general manager job vacant since the departure of Charley Casserly.

According to a team official, DePaul hasn't been contacted about the position, nor has Houston asked the Bears for permission to interview him. But general manager Jerry Angelo isn't expected to deny permission.

Angelo allowed defensive coordinator Ron Rivera to interview for head coaching jobs in St. Louis and Green Bay earlier this year. While doing so, Angelo talked about how an organization shouldn't stand in the way of promotions.

DePaul wouldn't be the leading candidate in Houston. The Texans already have interviewed Denver assistant general manager Rick Smith and have a Wednesday interview scheduled with Packers director of pro personnel Reggie McKenzie.

In five seasons with the Bears, DePaul has earned a reputation as a solid talent evaluator.
Old 05-25-2006   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

That name came out of nowhere. First I heard of him.

I think it's Smith, McKenzie, or Hill..... probably in that order.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I still like Smith the best. He knows what Kubes wants and what he needs. I think he is definately our best choice to be our new GM. The Bears were horrible just a couple yearas ago, and Denver has been solid for many many years. I'd rather have a team like that. But if Kubes has more say in what happens than Smith would, than I would not care as much who we get to be our GM as all of our canidates are solid.

Quote:
In five seasons with the Bears, DePaul has earned a reputation as a solid talent evaluator.
That's why they picked Cedric Benson with #5 overall when they already had a great RB in Thomas Jones
Old 05-25-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Solid talent evaluator?

Who are there QBs and receivers?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #5
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Solid talent evaluator?

Who are there QBs and receivers?
We've spent a heck of a lot more money on ours and gotten the same or worse results. They have an awesome defense to boot.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006   #6
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 615 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I still like Smith the best. He knows what Kubes wants and what he needs. I think he is definately our best choice to be our new GM. The Bears were horrible just a couple yearas ago, and Denver has been solid for many many years. I'd rather have a team like that. But if Kubes has more say in what happens than Smith would, than I would not care as much who we get to be our GM as all of our canidates are solid.

That's why they picked Cedric Benson with #5 overall when they already had a great RB in Thomas Jones

I wouldn't say that Thomas Jones is great. He is on his 3rd team in 6 years and last year is his 1st year over 1000 yards. He also has never gone over double figures in rushing TD's.

He is a good back, not great.
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read