Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2006   #1
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Smile Great Board - Thanks!

I don't know how I didn't get to this board sooner.

I say "Thanks" to everyone who participates in the running and content of this message board.

Most of the threads on the other boards I have been to sound like 16 yr olds screaming obscenities and calling each other idiots.

I like it here and plan to be around for awhile.

Again, Thanks.

Old 05-24-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

It's funny because I think the same thing. Every day I would go to this board and a different board (not going to mention it) and on both I post often. The other board I was on turned every thread into a fight, and would call people names and say stupid stuff. This board here is the exact opposite, as everyone realizes that different people have different opinions. If you are not right people on here correct you when maybe you are wrong, or nicely state their reason for opposition, instead of turning it into a bashing. I would also like to thank almost every single member for being mature and respectful of others on this board.
Old 05-24-2006   #3
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
It's funny because I think the same thing. Every day I would go to this board and a different board (not going to mention it) and on both I post often. The other board I was on turned every thread into a fight, and would call people names and say stupid stuff. This board here is the exact opposite, as everyone realizes that different people have different opinions. If you are not right people on here correct you when maybe you are wrong, or nicely state their reason for opposition, instead of turning it into a bashing. I would also like to thank almost every single member for being mature and respectful of others on this board.
I'll tip my Coca-Cola to that. Have to wait til later for a beer to toast you with.
Old 05-24-2006   #4
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 78716 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick

I say "Thanks" to everyone who participates in the running and content of this message board.

Most of the threads on the other boards I have been to sound like 16 yr olds screaming obscenities and calling each other idiots.

Again, Thanks.

You should of been here for the Bush/Young/Carr stinks posts.

Other than that it is pretty civil.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I'll tip my Coca-Cola to that. Have to wait til later for a beer to toast you with.
Only 5 more years...
Old 05-24-2006   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I look forward to your input amd questions.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #7
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
You should of been here for the Bush/Young/Carr stinks posts.

Other than that it is pretty civil.
I saw all of that on the ESPN boards! It was brutal there. Couldn't have been nearly as bad here.

You can tell by my screen name where I stood on the issue. Apparently no one was willing to give McNair the "Godfather" deal he was looking for.

I wanted Bush when it was apparent that there was going to be no trade, but I have gotten over it. I think Mario is going to be a great addition to this team on and off the field. I can't wait to see him ride a QB to the turf. I'd like to see him and Dunta hit Manning at the same time!
Old 05-24-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I wanted Bush when it was apparent that there was going to be no trade, but I have gotten over it. I think Mario is going to be a great addition to this team on and off the field. I can't wait to see him ride a QB to the turf. I'd like to see him and Dunta hit Manning at the same time!
I think it was the same for all of us. For a few days we were all in shock about what happened and then most of us got over it, as we still got a great player. The problem was that the media made us look like we were the most depressed fans ever for a few weeks after that because we took Super Mario.
Old 05-24-2006   #9
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
I saw all of that on the ESPN boards! It was brutal there. Couldn't have been nearly as bad here.
Not to be argumentative ... but it was insane here. Absolutely, clinically insane. There was so much of the Jesus Young and 3000 Yard Bush and Carr Isn't Fit to Lick My Shoes rhetoric going on here for awhile. It was like a contest to see who could be more hyperbolic.

Speaking of, it's amazing to be here now that it is has calmed down and we are all talking Texans football once again.

I do appreciate the job our mods do though.

And welcome to the MB.
Old 05-24-2006   #10
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Not to be argumentative ... but it was insane here. Absolutely, clinically insane. There was so much of the Jesus Young and 3000 Yard Bush and Carr Isn't Fit to Lick My Shoes rhetoric going on here for awhile. It was like a contest to see who could be more hyperbolic.

Speaking of, it's amazing to be here now that it is has calmed down and we are all talking Texans football once again.

I do appreciate the job our mods do though.

And welcome to the MB.
Thanks.

I'd rather read hyperbole than ^%#^&^*%$#$%#$%#%%!
on every other post.
Old 05-24-2006   #11
real

Quote:

Again, Thanks.

You've been a member since febuary and you're just now giving thanx???!!!!....

Last edited by real; 05-24-2006 at 02:11 PM.
Old 05-24-2006   #12
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Well it was obvious that everyone in the texas area really liked Vince Young. It took me a day or two to get out of my Vince Young coma after the Rose Bowl. A lot of people seemed to think that he could really improve our team, which I'm not going to comment on, because we don't need to turn this into one of those threads. I just wasn't as high on him as most of you were, and that's probably because I don't live even close to Texas. A lot of people really hated David then.
Old 05-24-2006   #13
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx
You've been a member since febuary and you're just now giving thanx....
Haha!

who is the CRAIG in your quote?
Old 05-24-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Again, Thanks.

I look forward to you helping us keep it this way.
Old 05-24-2006   #15
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

This is one of the best message boards I've ever been on. The mods do a great job of filtering the trash out. Thanks to Vinny and the rest of the volunteers for making this a great place.
Old 05-24-2006   #16
real

Quote:
Haha!

who is the CRAIG in your quote?
It's from a movie called Friday...
Old 05-24-2006   #17
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

With Ice Cube?
Old 05-24-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Welcome to the terrordome. Appreciate new blood to add to the electic mix of great posters and most importantly fellow Texan fans.

We are here because we bleed Battle Red, Liberty White and Maligned Blue (uniform joke). If you can cut through the emotions and sarcasm of some of the posts you will find this place a very interesting and diverse community.
Old 05-24-2006   #19
colts18288
Rookie

Thumbs up I have to agree

For the most part all boards have childish behavior. The board here has some very knowledgable fans. Very good topics, and for the most part honest opionins. We all have the homers and Trolls on our Teams Home boards but you guys pretty much keep yours in line here.

Alot of respectable members with much insight on football, I look forward to posting with you guys for a long time.

Here's to the new rivalry in the South the Colts and Texans, New staff this year=you guys being the suprise team in the NFL. Titans I would like to offically welcome you to the CELLAR
colts18288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by colts18288
For the most part all boards have childish behavior. The board here has some very knowledgable fans. Very good topics, and for the most part honest opionins. We all have the homers and Trolls on our Teams Home boards but you guys pretty much keep yours in line here.

Alot of respectable members with much insight on football, I look forward to posting with you guys for a long time.

Here's to the new rivalry in the South the Colts and Texans, New staff this year=you guys being the suprise team in the NFL. Titans I would like to offically welcome you to the CELLAR
So far some of our most memorable division games have been against Jacksonville, but that is because the Colts have been killing us. I hope our Texans get a lot better sooner than later.

After rooting for the Oilers all those years it was a slap in the face to see the core group of guys playing in a Superbowl wearing a different uniform and playing for a different city.

I look forward to more competitive divisional games, and I look forward to plenty to discuss with all of you this upcoming season.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read