Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-24-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default Rookie FB Q. Hill

I have to say i really liked this guy when he played down in Miami...does anybody think that he has a chance to make the team???
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #2
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

i actually believe he has a very good chance of making the team...if he's not on the regular season roster i fully expect him to be on the practice squad...if he's on the practice squad it is probably because joppru has made it through training camp and preseason uninjuried since he could also play some H-back for us like owen daniels will
Old 05-24-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I like Hill a lot too. I see us keeping 3-4 RBs and 2 FBs, and Quadtrine defainitely seems to fit the Kubiak scheme well and that he is the clear #2 FB over Damien Rhodes. If Cook maybe gets hurt he will be a starter, but I don't see him taking any playing time away from Cook this year. You can find good FBs in undrafted free agency, and from what I've seen, I think he can be starter in a couple years for us.
Old 05-24-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I doubt it. I think we have good candidates with experiece now. Antoine Smith and the TE we drafted can also fill the roll of FB. I'd rather keep a player at another position.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I doubt it. I think we have good candidates with experiece now. Antoine Smith and the TE we drafted can also fill the roll of FB. I'd rather keep a player at another position.
I don't see Antowain Smith playing FB. I think he will be a situational runner for us, when we need a power back. That is a good point though about Owen Daniels and he could fill the roll of FB somewhat, I just think with Kubiak's new system he needs a lot of backs and that's why I think Hill makes the roster. As of now we probably keep DD, Smith, Morency, and Lundy at RB; Cook and Hill at FB; and Putzier, Bruener (maybe he gets cut if Joppru is recovering nicely), Joppru (if he doesn't get hurt again) and Daniels. I still think we only keep 4 TEs though and it will be either Bruener or Joppru that gets cut. That way we have 4 RBs, 2 FBs, and 3TEs. I think we should be able to fill the rest of the roster with players we need and keeping too many backs won't be a problem.
Old 05-24-2006   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I don't see Antowain Smith playing FB. I think he will be a situational runner for us, when we need a power back. That is a good point though about Owen Daniels and he could fill the roll of FB somewhat, I just think with Kubiak's new system he needs a lot of backs and that's why I think Hill makes the roster. As of now we probably keep DD, Smith, Morency, and Lundy at RB; Cook and Hill at FB; and Putzier, Bruener (maybe he gets cut if Joppru is recovering nicely), Joppru (if he doesn't get hurt again) and Daniels. I still think we only keep 4 TEs though and it will be either Bruener or Joppru that gets cut. That way we have 4 RBs, 2 FBs, and 3TEs. I think we should be able to fill the rest of the roster with players we need and keeping too many backs won't be a problem.
How about Smith and Davis lined up behind Carr side to side in a short yardage situation? Defense wondering which will get the ball or will DD ease through the line for a short pass? or will the tightend catch it for 5yds? or maybe Walters in the slot? I am panting in anticipation of what this offense could become.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush
I have to say i really liked this guy when he played down in Miami...does anybody think that he has a chance to make the team???
I think he has a good chance, a reall good chance as long as he can catch and block, why not, he is from the U and you know those guys either work hard or hear it from their fellow Miami Hurricane brothers.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2006   #8
66cobra
Veteran

Here is a picture of Quadtrine Hill as on the May 16th OTA (courtesy of Andy). He appears to have good hands since the progression of pictures shows him going for a pass prior to this pic. I hope he makes it. It would be cool to have a UDFA do well for us.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #9
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 5042 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill taking snaps at RB for us one day.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #10
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69728 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Depends on whether or not he can help out on special teams
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read