Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2006   #1
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131093 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default DD Behind the Eight Wall

Looks like we finally get the word that DD will be returning to knee-testing
level. Now that the veil of sitting in Bush's shadow is no longer there, he is excited about the prospect of living in the shadows of his "giant" line plus TE's and/or FB.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...l/3883599.html

Last edited by CloakNNNdagger; 05-23-2006 at 10:35 PM. Reason: mis-bolding
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Actually the article forgets to mention our new Center. Hopefully no more of that up the gut type of rush. I would rather see DD not take a snap until TC if it ment he would be with us the whole season. Gives the other backs like Lundy a chance to learn the ropes. I see a lot of DD in Lundy in terms of the type of runner he is. Nothing fancy, just gets the job done. Actually, that's Kubiack's style.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 162318 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

DD will never be with us for an entire season. I believe it's impossible for him to make it through an entire season without injury and that's ok as long as we have other backs to turn to when the inevitable happens.
Old 05-24-2006   #4
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
DD will never be with us for an entire season. I believe it's impossible for him to make it through an entire season without injury and that's ok as long as we have other backs to turn to when the inevitable happens.
He has missed 8 games his entire career, so I choose to believe that the new offensive scheme with some help from the other backs can keep him healthy. He might still miss some games, but as long as the backups can fill in well enough, there wont be a huge dropoff to losing Davis for the game or games.
Old 05-24-2006   #5
Scottyboy
Veteran

Default D. Davis #37

I remember when DD was a rookie and was great! I l bought his Jersey over Andre's and I wanted battle red, but they only had Davis in white. I still went with DD. I think he will rush for over 1500!!! Any beleivers?
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #6
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottyboy
I remember when DD was a rookie and was great! I l bought his Jersey over Andre's and I wanted battle red, but they only had Davis in white. I still went with DD. I think he will rush for over 1500!!! Any beleivers?
He may have another good year or so but Dom just isn't a very big guy....he may always have injury issues. Great attitude, great desire, team player...

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #7
HOOK'EM
Veteran

It would be NICE if the Texans went after Deuce instead of Bennet from the Saints.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-24-2006   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4640 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, #44 needs to take off the high heels when he is at work! LOL I wonder what it looks like when DD stands next to Mario......can you say Munchkin?

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #9
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 666 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

DD will make it through an entire season when he isn't our ENTIRE offensive production for a game. There were only two guy's that touched the ball more than him last year, the Center, and the QB.

When he gets a QB that knows how to do something other than dump pass to him he will last an entire game.

Let's hope that Kubiak's new offensive scheme takes into account an occasion pass to the WR's that isn't that 'quick out' to a WR move that Capers seemed to love, for whatever reason.

DD will be fine when gets to play RB, and not RB/WR/offensive giant for a game.
Old 05-24-2006   #10
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Default "that was digital man"- Dave Chappelle

For Christ's sake, DD is a running back... and unless they score a stand up touchdown they get hit EVERYTIME they get the ball! In the modern game we now play a zillion games. Even Larry Zonka couldn't do what he did in 72 with this many games.

But what is the "tale of the tape"? DD weighs more than Reggie Bush RIGHT? DD is not very TALL... and that is not the same as "big". The man does have some impressive arms and legs.

The comparisson picture (#44) is a blocking back that had what... 6 carries in 2005? Not relevent.
Old 05-24-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vambo, the Marble Eye

The comparisson picture (#44) is a blocking back that had what... 6 carries in 2005? Not relevent.
I wasn't comparing their running abilities (geesh I don't see how you make that connection)...just showing how really small Dom is in a nice picure of him next to Norris. Generally, smallish RB's have very short careers. There are plenty of exceptions, but there is a reason that little backs fall in drafts.

Old 05-24-2006   #12
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 224716 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
Generally, smallish RB's have very short careers. There are plenty of exceptions, but there is a reason that little backs fall in drafts.
May be a true statement depending on the definition of smallish/little. Hard to see how DD qualifies if that statement is to be true though as only two of the top 10 rushers of all time are significantly heavier than DD. Seems like more than a few exceptions IMO.
Old 05-24-2006   #13
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Wink

Quote:
I wasn't comparing their running abilities (geesh I don't see how you make that connection)...just showing how really small Dom is in a nice picure of him next to Norris. Generally, smallish RB's have very short careers. There are plenty of exceptions, but there is a reason that little backs fall in drafts.
Connection? It is simple Cuz. Did I say "running ability"? NO. Did I say number of carries as a comparrission for the photo? Yes. So IMHO the factor of size is relevent only when you consider the # of carries.

"Little backs"? Cuz, Reggie Bush is "smaller" (weighs less) than Davis. For some, (perhaps the Texans) even Bush was "too small" to merit a #1 draft choice. Even USC, when given a choice was only used Bush sparingly... so perhaps DD's NFL life span increases "geometrically" if we can pass the ball 35-40% of the time with a truely balanced offence. Perhaps not.

(I think DD has other problems more pressing than height... and he can't change the fact that he doesn't run the 40 in 4.3 sec. Nobody would say diddley about size and durability if at 217 lbs, he ran a 4.3. Not even you.)

Forecasting that DD only has a couple more years seems safe. But then you are probably more aware what is the average # of seasons in the NFL before injury and talent are depleted for a running back, right? Especially if they carry or catch the ball 30 times a game.

Got it? Size and # of carries... it is a connection.
Old 05-24-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Connection? It is simple Cuz. Did I say "running ability"? NO. Did I say number of carries as a comparrission for the photo? Yes. So IMHO the factor of size is relevent only when you consider the # of carries.

"Little backs"? Cuz, Reggie Bush is "smaller" (weighs less) than Davis. For some, (perhaps the Texans) even Bush was "too small" to merit a #1 draft choice. Even USC, when given a choice was only used Bush sparingly... so perhaps DD's NFL life span increases "geometrically" if we can pass the ball 35-40% of the time with a truely balanced offence. Perhaps not.

(I think DD has other problems more pressing than height... and he can't change the fact that he doesn't run the 40 in 4.3 sec. Nobody would say diddley about size and durability if at 217 lbs, he ran a 4.3. Not even you.)

Forecasting that DD only has a couple more years seems safe. But then you are probably more aware what is the average # of seasons in the NFL before injury and talent are depleted for a running back, right? Especially if they carry or catch the ball 30 times a game.

Got it? Size and # of carries... it is a connection.
I never mentioned Bush and don't know if he will have a long career either. All I did was post a picture to show that Dom is not a very big guy...just adding a visual dood...relax.

Old 05-24-2006   #15
real

Quote:
Even Larry Zonka couldn't do what he did in 72 with this many games.
I think he could have...
Old 05-24-2006   #16
Vambo, the Marble Eye
Veteran

Quote:
I never mentioned Bush and don't know if he will have a long career either. All I did was post a picture to show that Dom is not a very big guy...just adding a visual dood...relax.
Can't relax... I have Texan PSL's and the office is slow today.
Old 05-24-2006   #17
FILO_girl
I'm not here

Rep Power: 62 FILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respectedFILO_girl is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Can't relax... I have Texan PSL's and the office is slow today.
This should keep you occupied for 5 minutes.

Great visual, Vinny.
FILO_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006   #18
BigTimeTexanFan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1964 BigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedBigTimeTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
Thanks Filo_girl. I'm sad to say I watched the entire video
BigTimeTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read