Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-23-2006   #1
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48
Default Carr : QB's to fear in the future...

Just saw on NFL live they asked the question, "What QB's will we fear in the future?" One guy said Matt Cassel, the other said Carr. They said when he's not not on his *****, he can make every throw.
Old 05-23-2006   #2
kcwilson
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 kcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVPkcwilson was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac48
Just saw on NFL live they asked the question, "What QB's will we fear in the future?" One guy said Matt Cassel, the other said Carr. They said when he's not not on his *****, he can make every throw.
I love Cassel's story... played maybe two snaps while at USC backing up Palmer and Leinart and gets drafted by NE in the 7th round. Great story.
Old 05-23-2006   #3
Texans51
waterboy

he can also has the ability to run as well. he's no vick but he can pick up a third and short if needed
Texans51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #4
AtheGreat
Veteran

heard that same kind of thing on 790 on day before the draft. Some guys from espn asked 4 or 5 coaches who is the most qb with the most potential and all of them said Carr. Lets just hope we can keep him upright this year and prove those guys right!
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #5
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
As long as he's looking at his recievers and not the sky, he'll [do well]
yeah...respect feels nice.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #6
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

David, psst.. David are you listening? I expect 4,000 this year.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #7
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr makes poor decisions, that is his biggest problem.

His athletic ability is not in question and his mechanics aren't perfect but good enough.

Why would it matter if you have cannon for an arm and deadly accuracy if you can't read a defense and throw it to the right guy? Why would it matter if you are not a leader when you are the quarterback and everyone expects that from you? Why would it matter if you can't step up in the pocket to buy a half a second than just sprint out of the pocket? Why would it matter when you don't throw the ball away from time to time when it make sense?

Carr's problems isn't physical, it is mental!
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-23-2006   #8
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
David, psst.. David are you listening? I expect 4,000 this year.
give him a break, new system

3300 and ill be happy
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #9
SESupergenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
Carr makes poor decisions, that is his biggest problem.

His athletic ability is not in question and his mechanics aren't perfect but good enough.

Why would it matter if you have cannon for an arm and deadly accuracy if you can't read a defense and throw it to the right guy? Why would it matter if you are not a leader when you are the quarterback and everyone expects that from you? Why would it matter if you can't step up in the pocket to buy a half a second than just sprint out of the pocket? Why would it matter when you don't throw the ball away from time to time when it make sense?

This is funny actually, because all of this "issues" have with Carr can be solved with a good system and a good line, something he's never had.
Old 05-23-2006   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I've been a DC guy from day one and I defended him when half the board wanted VY. I still think he can become an elite player but as of right now I'll believe it once I see it. The same holds true for the entire team and it's players. Tired of hearing talk about potential and all that b.s.
Old 05-23-2006   #11
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

It is hard to fathom that we are 32 million into this investment and we are still talking about potential. I mean we're talking about potential. Potential man.
Old 05-23-2006   #12
jerek
Pro Hobbyist

Rep Power: 11661 jerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respectedjerek is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to jerek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
It is hard to fathom that we are 32 million into this investment and we are still talking about potential. I mean we're talking about potential. Potential man.
Lol. When you put it like that ... I still can't get past the ineptitude of the previous coaching staff and how we really don't know how the hell any of our guys can play yet ... but yeah, I can understand that frustration ...

Honest question though, and forgive me if you've stated it previously and I just don't remember ... if not DC, who would you have liked us to utilize? Abandoning Carr and going either through draft or FA ... Anyone you have in mind?
Old 05-23-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerek
Lol. When you put it like that ... I still can't get past the ineptitude of the previous coaching staff and how we really don't know how the hell any of our guys can play yet ... but yeah, I can understand that frustration ...

Honest question though, and forgive me if you've stated it previously and I just don't remember ... if not DC, who would you have liked us to utilize? Abandoning Carr and going either through draft or FA ... Anyone you have in mind?
He is our QB and want to leave it at that.

My feeling regarding QB's in general is that one team's garbage is one team's treasure at a very discounted rate. Super Bowl Champions do not have top tiered Qb's making top tier money at this position in the salary cap era.
Old 05-23-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

They also mentioned that Mario will be on their show tomorrow.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #15
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
You are so full of disengenouse BS in your posts. You make it sound like Carr is payed at 10X the amount for starting QBs when in fact he is at about the middle for QB that are starters and on their second contract or extensions. Add to that that you NEVER mention all the amounts that others who have contributed little or nothing are/were getting. You have made it VERY clear you don't like Carr because vertually every post you make is some sort of refference to him and his contract when all your intent on doing is to take a shot at him. If you were truly concerned, you would be contantly harping about a BUNCH of other financial leaks that are much more severe based on play time or acomplishment, but of course that doesn't match up with your agenda. Naturaly you never mention that he never had a line or coaches that could find their butts with both hands.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #16
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

it aint my money. 32 million or 320 million.. as long as he has the potential to be a great QB, then im gonna keep expecting him to "turn the corner".
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

No doubt, Carr is very well paid. One of the best paid players on this team & one of the better paid players in the entire NFL. I feel much better about Carr's prospects under Kubiak though. It's true he can make every throw and he is a physical prototype, but that was never in question with DC. Hopefully with good coaching he can turn the corner. In other news, I heard Kubiak on a 610am sound byte saying the Offense was struggling today.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
You are so full of disengenouse BS in your posts. You make it sound like Carr is payed at 10X the amount for starting QBs when in fact he is at about the middle for QB that are starters and on their second contract or extensions. Add to that that you NEVER mention all the amounts that others who have contributed little or nothing are/were getting. You have made it VERY clear you don't like Carr because vertually every post you make is some sort of refference to him and his contract when all your intent on doing is to take a shot at him. If you were truly concerned, you would be contantly harping about a BUNCH of other financial leaks that are much more severe based on play time or acomplishment, but of course that doesn't match up with your agenda. Naturaly you never mention that he never had a line or coaches that could find their butts with both hands.
Your agenda is quite evident as well and I would surmise that it is you who is embedded with Carr the person more so than I. My thought process has always been about the position of QB and the value of that position when you look at Super Bowl champions.

If you continue to focus on my sarcastic digs on Carr rather than what I am saying in total then please put me on your ignore list.
Old 05-23-2006   #19
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan
Why would it matter if you can't step up in the pocket to buy a half a second than just sprint out of the pocket?
I'll admit, I'm a Carr homer, but that is the biggest issue right there.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
I'll admit, I'm a Carr homer, but that is the biggest issue right there.
Would you stand in the pocket with the corner stone of the pocket being McKinney? I think our new probowl center will change his confidence concerning the pocket, but remember Kubiak does want him to run actually more than he did. According to the reports, if Carr sees yardage and people are covered, he's to run it.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read