Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2004   #1
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default CNNSI.COM's Rankings:

Another load of ****...and the funny thing is Jacksonville getting a power ranking of 15...even though their first team offense hasn't scored a td yet in preseason.
Cnnsi article and rankings
Quote:
NFC East Projected
1 Eagles 10-6
2 Redskins 8-8
3 Giants 7-9
4 Cowboys 6-10

NFC North
1 Vikings 10-6
2 Packers* 9-7
3 Lions 8-8
4 Bears 6-10

NFC South
1 Panthers 10-6
2 Falcons 8-8
3 Saints 7-9
4 Bucs 5-11

NFC West
1 Seahawks 12-4
2 Rams* 11-5
3 49ers 4-12
4 Cardinals 4-12

AFC East Projected
1 Patriots 13-3
2 Jets 9-7
3 Bills 8-8
4 Dolphins 6-10

AFC North
1 Ravens 11-5
2 Bengals 9-7
3 Steelers 8-8
4 Browns 5-11

AFC South
1 Titans 11-5
2 Colts* 9-7
3 Jaguars 8-8
4 Texans 5-11

AFC West
1 Chiefs 11-5
2 Broncos* 10-6
3 Raiders 5-11
4 Chargers 3-13

*Wild-card team
Wild-Card Playoffs
N
F
C Panthers over Packers A
F
C Chiefs over Colts
Vikings over Rams Ravens over Broncos

Divisional Playoffs
N
F
C Seahawks over Vikings A
F
C Patriots over Ravens
Panthers over Eagles Chiefs over Titans

Championship Games
NFC: Seahawks over Panthers AFC: Patriots over Chiefs

Super Bowl XXXVIII
Patriots 27, Seahawks 17

How Dr. Z Ranks 'em
1 New England Patriots 17 Pittsburgh Steelers
2 Seattle Seahawks 18 Atlanta Falcons
3 Tennessee Titans 19 Buffalo Bills
4 Carolina Panthers 20 Washington Redskins
5 St. Louis Rams 21 Miami Dolphins
6 Kansas City Chiefs 22 New Orleans Saints
7 Philadelphia Eagles 23 Chicago Bears
8 Baltimore Ravens 24 New York Giants
9 Minnesota Vikings 25 Dallas Cowboys
10 Indianapolis Colts 26 Tampa Bay Bucs
11 Denver Broncos 27 Houston Texans
12 Green Bay Packers 28 Oakland Raiders
13 New York Jets 29 Cleveland Browns
14 Cincinnati Bengals 30 San Francisco 49ers
15 Jacksonville Jaguars 31 Arizona Cardinals
16 Detroit Lions 32 San Diego Chargers

Last edited by TEXANS84; 09-01-2004 at 04:33 PM.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #2
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Here are my picks

NFC East Projected
1 Eagles 10-6
2 Redskins 7-9
3 Giants 7-9
4 Cowboys 6-10

NFC North
1 Vikings 11-5
2 Packers* 10-6
3 Lions 6-10
4 Bears 6-10

NFC South
1 Saints 10-6
2 Panthers* 10-6
3 Falcons 8-8
4 Bucs 6-10

NFC West
1 Seahawks 12-4
2 Rams 9-7
3 Cardinals 4-12
4 49ers 3-13

AFC East Projected
1 Patriots 12-4
2 Jets* 9-7
3 Bills 8-8
4 Dolphins 6-10

AFC North
1 Ravens 11-5
2 Bengals 8-8
3 Steelers 7-9
4 Browns 4-12

AFC South
1 Colts 12-4
2 Titans* 9-7
3 Jaguars 7-9
4 Texans 7-9

AFC West
1 Chiefs 12-4
2 Broncos 8-8
3 Raiders 7-9
4 Chargers 4-12
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #3
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans will do better than 5-11 this year.

Carr seems to have turned the corner, the defense should be better and the O Line is better. Good coaching a big plus. Unless hit by an injury bug they should improve.

I don't expect playoffs yet but they'll be a team I think that will show up in every game and do very well.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #4
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dr. Z has looked at anything more recent that 2 years ago. For him, if it doesnt' happen on the east coast or west, it didn't happen. Watch how fast he jumps on a bandwagon though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #5
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Tennessee ranked #3?!!! WOW. I guess DR. Z didn't watch the MNF and see the rebuilt and inexperienced defense get torched by Testeverde!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #6
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Detroit #16....yeah right.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #7
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swisher
Detroit #16....yeah right.
Very odd how Detroit is #16. And the Jags at #15. Both seem a little overrated to me. Im tired of all the speculation. Lets get it started.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2004   #8
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

It would be intereseting to see what the power ranking prior to season 1 LAST YEAR looked like.
Old 09-01-2004   #9
swisher
Old School

here's ESPN's power rankings from last year before season 1:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerr...on=2003&week=1

You'll never guess where the Texans were ranked...actually yeah you would.
Old 09-01-2004   #10
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default SI NFL 2004 Preview

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/magazine/08/30/main/index.html
Doesnt look good for either Dallas or Houston

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #11
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

It doesn't look good. If you live & die with what Sports Illustrated opines.

At the beginning of the '03 season, SI had Carolina at #23 & Dallas at #27. Their ratings are no better than what you or I could come up with.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #12
longhornjag
Rookie

I have to agree with ya'll about the rankings. The Jags should not be that far ahead of the Texans. The only reason I would guess the Jags are up there is their D has still looked good. Ya'll are right about their offense though. That needs to be fixed SOON.
longhornjag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #13
FatBoyTim
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy
Tennessee ranked #3?!!! WOW. I guess DR. Z didn't watch the MNF and see the rebuilt and inexperienced defense get torched by Testeverde!
i guess you did not see that that was the dallas ones were on the titans twos and threes. they did nothing on the titans ones. i came away very impressed with Chris Brown.
FatBoyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #14
JDizzle
I'm a dude

Rep Power: 6809 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I get tired of all the "rankings" from so called "analysists". I'm just ready for the season to start. LETS GET IT ON!
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #15
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 57395 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBoyTim
i guess you did not see that that was the dallas ones were on the titans twos and threes. they did nothing on the titans ones. i came away very impressed with Chris Brown.
I guess not. Because I was watching the first half of the game (i know they have a few injuries in the secondary), but Tennessee was unable to generate any pass rush and mediocre Dallas receivers were wide open down the field the entire first half.

Let's put it this way: the Titans pass Defense looked worse than the Houston pass defense did against Denver while missing it's 4 best pass rushers (payne, walker, peek, babin). that's encouraging!
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #16
phan1
All Pro

No one should take this **** seriously. NY Giants over Cowboys? Houston gets another 5-11 season?
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #17
Doug
All Pro

I love these kind of predictions. I don't get ticked anymore....I just laugh. The season just needs to start so we can earn the respect we deserve.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by phan1
No one should take this **** seriously. NY Giants over Cowboys? ....
I think the Cowboys will only win 6-7 games if they opt to start Vinny and Eddie. Those guys are a shell of their former selves. That is about par with what I expect of the Giants this season.

You have to remember that the Giants were an underachieving 4-4 at midseason last year. Then they totally gave up on their coach and lost 8 in a row. I think they will be around .500 this year. Coughlin won't put up with underachievers.
TheOgre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #19
profan
Veteran

Cool

I don't even look at preseason rankings. They mean nothing at all. The only thing that matters is what happens on the field. All preseason rankings do is reveal the ignorance of the source. As for college, they should not even have a poll until after about four weeks at which time the polls would be more accurate.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #20
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

The Titans didn't have either of their starting corners in. I think they will be just fine. I think they will win our division this year and not Indy.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read