Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-22-2006   #1
latim06800
Rookie

Default QB's?

1. David Carr
2. Sage Rosenfals
3. ??????

Can anyone help me out with this????
latim06800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Not at the moment, i'm sure you'll know whenever everyone else knows.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #3
lporter85
Rookie

3) Quinton Porter
lporter85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #4
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by latim06800
1. David Carr
2. Sage Rosenfals
3. ??????

Can anyone help me out with this????
If Carr did go down, does anyone here honestly think Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone?
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #5
latim06800
Rookie

Who is Quinton Porter????
latim06800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #6
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

He's an undrafted FA out of Boston College. I really don't know anything solid about him though. Here's a thread with some links that might help some. Clicky
Old 05-22-2006   #7
lporter85
Rookie

Played at Boston College where he he started two years but both seasons were cut short by injuries. Broken hand and a torn ankle.
Sponsored links
Old 05-22-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Well i stand corrected, didn't know we had a 3rd stringer already lined up.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #9
lporter85
Rookie

Right now he's only penciled in. Mat Baker (UNC) another UDFA is competing for the spot too.
Old 05-22-2006   #10
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

What happened to Dave Ragone?

(Edit: Nevermind...just noticed the other thread)
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #11
lporter85
Rookie

He was waived.
Old 05-22-2006   #12
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo
If Carr did go down, does anyone here honestly think Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone?
I imagine if Gary Kubiak were here then he'd say "Yes, I believe Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone". Now whether he would be right or wrong I do not know but I believe he would say that.

It's early in Kubiak's tenure as coach and for him to waive Dave Ragone I simply have to believe that he saw something in Ragone's game that was going to absolutely prevent him from running this offense correctly.

It's an either/or deal to me. You either think he knows what he's doing or you don't. I think Kubiak knows what he's doing in letting Ragone go and bringing in Sage Rosenfeldts.
Old 05-22-2006   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I imagine if Gary Kubiak were here then he'd say "Yes, I believe Rosenfeldts would be better than Ragone". Now whether he would be right or wrong I do not know but I believe he would say that.

It's early in Kubiak's tenure as coach and for him to waive Dave Ragone I simply have to believe that he saw something in Ragone's game that was going to absolutely prevent him from running this offense correctly.

It's an either/or deal to me. You either think he knows what he's doing or you don't. I think Kubiak knows what he's doing in letting Ragone go and bringing in Sage Rosenfeldts.
Kubiak is very high on Sage. He said that at the press conference and he has talked about it at other times. This move has as much to do with style of offense as anything.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #14
SnakeOilTanker
Veteran

This man love for Ragone is insane.

Just wow....

I guess its all because of NFL Europe.

Bad Draft Pick, even worse fit for Kubiaks offense.
SnakeOilTanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #15
trane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
Kubiak is very high on Sage. He said that at the press conference and he has talked about it at other times. This move has as much to do with style of offense as anything.
What puzzles me is that they waive Ragone because he is too much of a pocket passer and the QB in Kubiak's offense has to be mobile. Yet they pass on the second most mobile QB in the history of college football.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #16
CoastalTexan
Veteran

Rep Power: 30 CoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedCoastalTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to CoastalTexan

Gary Kubiak must have thought David Carr is better than "the second most mobile QB in the history of College football", by the way who is that?
CoastalTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #17
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by trane
What puzzles me is that they waive Ragone because he is too much of a pocket passer and the QB in Kubiak's offense has to be mobile. Yet they pass on the second most mobile QB in the history of college football.
MONEY
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #18
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalTexan
Gary Kubiak must have thought David Carr is better than "the second most mobile QB in the history of College football", by the way who is that?
Its Reggie Bush, He believes he can play every offensive postion at the same time and deserves the money that goes with being a 1 man offense.

BTW this is not and anti-RB post, just a the draft is over, get over it post.

I believe he was trying to refer to VY.... that one guy .... who did stuff.
Old 05-22-2006   #19
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I just wonder how long it is going to take for someone on this message board to concoct the most unbelievable trade deal between the Texans and Titans that puts Vince Young in a Texans uniform. I know it is coming. It'll be something like this:

Titans get: Williams, Carr, Robinson, and half of our O-Line.

Texans get: Young, Rolle, and Jeff Fisher.
Old 05-22-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilTanker
This man love for Ragone is insane.

Just wow....

I guess its all because of NFL Europe.

Bad Draft Pick, even worse fit for Kubiaks offense.
I'm probably mistaken, but I seem to be the only one who likes Ragone, and not because of NFL Europe, I only saw him play once.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read