Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-21-2006   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Houston Chronicle Texans Fanblog

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Ok.
I' can't take it anymore.
Can we have a.j. and Texan Chick be the reporters for the Chronic?
Please?
Link

Ask and you sorta receive....

I am not a reporter for the Chronicle because I do not pretend to be unbiased, nor do I pretend to have all the answers. But *breaking news here first*, I am going to be doing a Houston Chronicle Fanblog focused on Texans stuff.

Here is the linky: http://blogs.chron.com/fanblogtexans/

You can access it directly in the Chronicle's Texans page, and today it is a featured blog on the Sports homepage.

When I talked to the Chronicle people, they said that coverage of any sport by the sports page is limited by space considerations, but those limitations do not exist on the internet. So they are pretty happy about getting a Texans fanblog.

Anyway, I see it is being the FAN's blog, not really mine.

So, I would invite y'all to:

1. Comment as you see fit.

2. Email me (I don't have the link on the blog yet, but you can use the email one listed here) and if you want to contribute a blog entry or suggest a particular topic of conversation or article, please do. I will attribute you or your handle if you prefer unless you ask me not to.

The Houston Chronicle, for better or worse, defines the sports conversations for the city. Hopefully, we can help define it as well.

3. Please put it in your favorites and follow along.
Texans_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #2
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick
I am not a reporter for the Chronicle because I do not pretend to be unbiased, nor do I pretend to have all the answers. But *breaking news here first*, I am going to be doing a Houston Chronicle Fanblog focused on Texans stuff.
What an absolutely marvelous addition to Texan news you are and will be! Stroke of sheer genius, Texans Chick! Goodness knows the Chronicle needs help in the sports department.

I"ve read your first entries..Congratulations! Great Job!
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #3
quicksilver
Overweight

Outstanding blog. Well reasoned, intelligently conceived, eloquent, and just the right balance of objectivism and dedication to the organization. You've set high standards and I'm rooting for you to meet them perpetually.
quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #4
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 39634 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

TChick...man I wish I had the skills you and others have. That is a marvelous site. You are truly gifted in word wrangle. I'm off to Church but plan to check it out in toto when I get back.
Old 05-21-2006   #5
bayoudreamn
Veteran

Rep Power: 6383 bayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respectedbayoudreamn is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Great Blog

Excellent post, Texans Chick......You Rock!!!
bayoudreamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #6
William.carter
Veteran

Fantastic news Texans_Chick. I'm looking forward to the information and insight you share there.
William.carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #7
Wharton
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 12 Wharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVPWharton was voted MVP

Sweet, I know I'll be tuning in!

Congrats, & good luck!
Wharton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Texans Chick I didm't know we had so much in common. I have to laugh, because I think Caserly was a lot better than most think and a victum of McNair and Capers. Caserly could not fire Capers, even if wanted to, because of McNair.

If you read my posts on Kubiak I am very upbeat. I believe he has a lot of qualitities and you have expressed a number of them in your thread.

The one place I would disagree in one sense is that he basically did a total revamp the receivers core. I think he realized they were the weakest link on the ball club. Except for AJ, basically the old core is gone.

Best of luck with your new effort and you did a very nice job of expressing your self to the Texan's fans.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #9
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Good stuff Texans Chick. I look forward to reading.
Old 05-21-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent writing, great job. Did I see you being interviewed on Southwest Report after the Luncheon?
Old 05-21-2006   #11
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice!
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #12
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent job there Texans Chick. I'm looking forward to more good reading. I've always liked your level headed assessments on this bb.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #13
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Added to my favorites list. Good stuff T.C.
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #14
mike moffat
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6673 mike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respectedmike moffat is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Chick.....You rock girl. Excellent blog. I too have added the site to my favorites. Keep up the excellent work.
Old 05-22-2006   #15
texanmojo
Shotgun 30 Time

Section: The Nosebleeds
Rep Power: 3019 texanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanmojo is a quality contributor and well respected

TC...your mug shot now appears right below McClain, Justice, and Lopez!

Good work!

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/
texanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #16
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanmojo.com
TC...your mug shot now appears right below McClain, Justice, and Lopez!

Good work!

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/
Very nice TC.
Old 05-22-2006   #17
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Awesome TC!!
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #18
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Just when I was about to send you a couple of tips you beome a member of the fourth estate....
Old 05-22-2006   #19
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Texans Chick....one question
Longhorns or Aggies?
Old 05-22-2006   #20
whiskeyrbl

Way to go TC,nice blog. It's nice for people to read positive statements about our team instead of some peoples points of disappointment. Added to my Favs...Keep up the good work!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read