Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default When our defense plays the Titans

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9447461

Quote:
Now, the Titans are planning on installing a "Vince Young Package," one that would include the option and force opposing defenses to have to prepare for more than just Tennesee's basic offensive attack.

Behind the scenes, Titans coaches already have begun sifting through some of the various option options, pondering which to include for Young.

It would not be a difficult offense for Young to learn. At Texas, Young ran the "option read," in which he would watch the defensive end, then decide whether to hand the football to his running back or carry it himself. It is how he transformed himself into college football's most dangerous quarterback

http://forums.titansonline.com/forum...ad.php?t=16452
there is a discussion over there about it

Last edited by Wolf; 05-20-2006 at 01:37 PM.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #2
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Smile

Wait untill the Titans see our "Mario Williams Blitz Package".
Old 05-20-2006   #3
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Trenches
Wait untill the Titans see our "Mario Williams Blitz Package".
The Titans are going to have to worry about more than 1 DE. I will leave it at that.....
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #4
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Something tells me that if the option were going to be emensely successful, Vick would be running it just about every down.

That being said, if it IS successful, then I don't think we'll have to worry about Vince Young for too long...he may be tough but he's no David Carr!
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #5
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Ooooo.......

I'm sure NFL defensive coordinators are shaking in their boots.

Try that stuff in the NFL and see where it gets you. The first time he gets drilled in the back by a blitzing corenerback from the blindside...or a rushing defender forces him to throw a risky ball rather than get speared in the chest by an NFL-caliber defender...then we'll see how effective and how often they call that particular package.

Bring it on. I'd love to see how well it works.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD
Something tells me that if the option were going to be emensely successful, Vick would be running it just about every down.

That being said, if it IS successful, then I don't think we'll have to worry about Vince Young for too long...he may be tough but he's no David Carr!
LOL, dude that is the most brain dead thing I have ever heard. Vince Young is better than Carr could ever dream of becoming. VY is better than Carr in every aspect. Carr has been a complete bust and thank god that Kubiak is here because he isnt married to Carr like Capers and Cass were. Kubiak will drop Carr like a bad habit once he sees how horrible of a QB Carr is. Everyone thinks they can fix a trainwreck but sometimes its best to give the loser the boot and find ourselves a new QB that doesnt suck so bad.

doug from the woodlands
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneymoonIsOver
LOL, dude that is the most brain dead thing I have ever heard. Vince Young is better than Carr could ever dream of becoming. VY is better than Carr in every aspect. Carr has been a complete bust and thank god that Kubiak is here because he isnt married to Carr like Capers and Cass were. Kubiak will drop Carr like a bad habit once he sees how horrible of a QB Carr is. Everyone thinks they can fix a trainwreck but sometimes its best to give the loser the boot and find ourselves a new QB that doesnt suck so bad.

doug from the woodlands

1. Joined in Aug 2005.

2. 34 posts in almost a year.

3. And your screen name is Honeymoonisover.

Thanks for the love. If you want to hate our team, just go over to the Jags board or Titans board, or Colts board. They'd love to entertain your Carr-hating. Way to root for a guy to fail.

Kubiak wouldn't waste his time with Carr if he felt he wasn't a guy worth keeping. Next time you back up a hall of fame QB, coordinate an NFL offense and win championships with them, and also grab an NFL head coaching position, just let us know.

Honeymoonisover but the childrenaregrowingupandlookingawesome.
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:

doug from the woodlands
On second thought, no comment!!!
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #9
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD

The reason you don't see the QB option in the NFL is the defenders tee off on the QB if he pitches it or not. Moon used to run that play, he stopped after taking several brutal hits one slicing open his chin.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #10
ccdude730
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 129 ccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respectedccdude730 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ccdude730

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
1. Joined in Aug 2005.

2. 34 posts in almost a year.

3. And your screen name is Honeymoonisover.

Thanks for the love. If you want to hate our team, just go over to the Jags board or Titans board, or Colts board. They'd love to entertain your Carr-hating. Way to root for a guy to fail.

Kubiak wouldn't waste his time with Carr if he felt he wasn't a guy worth keeping. Next time you back up a hall of fame QB, coordinate an NFL offense and win championships with them, and also grab an NFL head coaching position, just let us know.

Honeymoonisover but the childrenaregrowingupandlookingawesome.

the ignore feature is an excellent idea
Old 05-20-2006   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccdude730

the ignore feature is an excellent idea
LOL!

Good one. Point well taken..........

He doesn't even list where he's from, which probably would read "Indianapolis," or "Jacksonville," or "Nashville."
Old 05-20-2006   #12
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:

doug from the woodlands
I wish I had seen the NFL games you have seen that Vince Young has played in. Then maybe I could feel as confident about him as you do.
Old 05-20-2006   #13
tex
Veteran

Just another I didn't get what I wanted in the draft troll.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #14
Seņor Stan
El Guapo

Rep Power: 44650 Seņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respectedSeņor Stan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
The reason you don't see the QB option in the NFL is the defenders tee off on the QB if he pitches it or not. Moon used to run that play, he stopped after taking several brutal hits one slicing open his chin.

That has always been the best way to stop the option. DE nails the QB whether he pitches the ball or not. Let the guys behind you worry about the RB.

The first time they try the option against the Texans will be the last time.
Seņor Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #15
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

doug from the woodlands

First of all...the point I was making was that he can't be nearly as tough as David Carr...there's not a QB in the league that can claim that other than PERHAPS Brett Favre. But he hasn't taken as much of a beating as Carr.

Second of all...Carr hasn't put up bad numbers, he just hasn't produced. In fact, no QB would have produced with that offensive line...I don't care how fast he is.

Finally...Vince Young hasn't played a down in the NFL. Therefore, by DEFAULT, he cannot possibly be better than David Carr. Kubiak is the one who lobbied to KEEP Carr...not the other way around. And there's no way you can tell me Young's passing motion is better than Carr's. Everyone who knows anything about Vince Young knows that he has A LOT of work to do to get his passing up to the NFL level (As was the situation with Vick). We could argue about this all day, but you can't prove you're right anymore than anyone else can...

You might want to separate your lips from Vince's butt. I have a chainsaw if it will help.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #16
Dunta_23
All Pro

Quote:

doug from the woodlands

How come nobody has given you the boot as of yet?
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #17
HoustonFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan HoustonFan
Send a message via AIM to HoustonFan Send a message via MSN to HoustonFan Send a message via Yahoo to HoustonFan

It is just going to be a dog fight in the AFC South. Which is all I can say. 3 rivals we'll face every season at least twice. The 4th I guess depends on which season we play that particular division. No matter, I think that the Texans are going to be much improved team starting this upcoming seasonand great things are ahead for this franchise.

VY may be a great NFL QB in the future, and I hope he does well. Except for when he plays the Texans. Love the hometown guy, but that guy is playing for the division rival now. It's all good. Super Mario, D-Rob and co. will be ready for VY and the Titans.
Old 05-20-2006   #18
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Stan
That has always been the best way to stop the option. DE nails the QB whether he pitches the ball or not. Let the guys behind you worry about the RB.

The first time they try the option against the Texans will be the last time.
it is possible that the Tacks coaches are adding the option in order to prove it to Vince that it doesn't work in the NFL. Or to use the first time Vince gets hit as an example as to why they don't run it in the NFL, with the reason being that they don't want to get their high-dollar QB hurt.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #19
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Vince USED to be the hometown kid, now he is just the opposing QB.
Old 05-20-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 296584 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

These types of plays will be great for sportscenter highlights, but if they want to be successful, they'll need to mix in some traditional QB duties (like drop backs and passing). VY will get slaughtered if this type of offense is the bread and butter. NFL defenders are too quick and defensive coordinators too crafty to allow a one dimensional offense to consistently produce.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read