Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2006   #1
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP
Default Has anyone noticed?

That the chronicle articles are by Megan and Lopez not Justice and McClain. That our Web site is getting the info 1st when possible. Is it possible the Texans are upset by the undeserved bad press?

The chronicle was not at all supportive of what we did and in fact made some down right nasty comments. They jumped the gun like everyone else and quite frankly demeaned Mario. I smell a cold shoulder or two.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #2
Tex Trenches
Veteran

You have a point.

We need to seek Justice and move McClain to Nashville where he belongs.
Old 05-20-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
That the chronicle articles are by Megan and Lopez not Justice and McClain. That our Web site is getting the info 1st when possible. Is it possible the Texans are upset by the undeserved bad press?

The chronicle was not at all supportive of what we did and in fact made some down right nasty comments. They jumped the gun like everyone else and quite frankly demeaned Mario. I smell a cold shoulder or two.
Would not be surprised, in fact I hope it's like that.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #4
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Maybe their in the funny papers writing about Gil Thorp .
Old 05-20-2006   #5
dwilt72
Veteran

McClain is out of the country. Heard him say that last week on the radio. Not sure about Justice.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #6
shonuff
waterboy

did justice actually call the texans names?? seems unprofessional... he needs to get less emotional when he's reporting... and let us fans be the emotional ones... i'm not a journalist, but i'd think that's not right

i look forward to reading articles from someone who can be more objective about what he observes rather than read stuff like "oh that was stupid"...
shonuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #7
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd like to know more of Texans' camp news in detail rather than their pointless comments. They can hold their emotion and just let us know what is exactly going on with the Texans.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2006   #8
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMURAITEXAN
I'd like to know more of Texans' camp news in detail rather than their pointless comments. They can hold their emotion and just let us know what is exactly going on with the Texans.
No wonder Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee.

With royal sour pusses like them, the Houston fans only get a negative viewpoint of their sports teams.

Houston's sports media needs to get a grip. They are influencing fans to hate what they see in our teams, and it's just getting old. Glad I don't live in Houston. I can't imagine NOT wanting to pick up the local paper because it only carries little-to-no info on my teams, or that it carries negatively-charged diatribe by writers who write off an Astros team that went to the World Series. Talk about the biggest journalist bonehead "call" in sports history. Is there a bigger one out there?

"Astros dead. R.I.P."

"Astros in World Series for FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY"

Yikes..........
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #9
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 19322 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976
No wonder Bud moved the Oilers to Tennessee.

With royal sour pusses like them, the Houston fans only get a negative viewpoint of their sports teams.

Houston's sports media needs to get a grip. They are influencing fans to hate what they see in our teams, and it's just getting old. Glad I don't live in Houston. I can't imagine NOT wanting to pick up the local paper because it only carries little-to-no info on my teams, or that it carries negatively-charged diatribe by writers who write off an Astros team that went to the World Series. Talk about the biggest journalist bonehead "call" in sports history. Is there a bigger one out there?

"Astros dead. R.I.P."

"Astros in World Series for FIRST TIME IN FRANCHISE HISTORY"

Yikes..........
Yeah! When I was living Houston, didn't get enough info on Houston Pro teams. Back then Oilers,Astros and Rockets. These teams were pretty good then but when they lose, media tend to write off. Yes, I was dispointed when Oilers lost to Pitts, Astros lost to philly or Rockets lost to Celtics. But they were still my teams and I don't enjoy reading some negative comments by writers.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #10
touttail
All Pro

Talking about writers jumping on a bandwagon. McLain had more man love for VY than Rich Lord!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by shonuff
did justice actually call the texans names??
In the Saturday, April 29 Chronicle, Justice used the words 'incompetent' and 'stupid' to describe Bob McNair and his decision to not draft Bush.

I don't want a home media full of homers (like Nashville for example -- yay rah rah us!) -- I want criticism when warranted, but Justice and McIngvale's orange pee pee hurting rants leading up to the draft and in the immediate fallout were childish and pathetic.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #12
Mysteryhunt
Veteran

alyson footer gives excellent fair coverage to the astros, but she's the only one i can think of in town :brickwall
Mysteryhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #13
NoBullTexan
Veteran

Ahem, you see, thats what you get when there is only one newspaper in a city of over 4million. Why should McClain and Justice care? It ain't like there was another paper to turn to!
Old 05-20-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
In the Saturday, April 29 Chronicle, Justice used the words 'incompetent' and 'stupid' to describe Bob McNair and his decision to not draft Bush.

I don't want a home media full of homers (like Nashville for example -- yay rah rah us!) -- I want criticism when warranted, but Justice and McIngvale's orange pee pee hurting rants leading up to the draft and in the immediate fallout were childish and pathetic.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #15
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryhunt
alyson footer gives excellent fair coverage to the astros, but she's the only one i can think of in town :brickwall
Alyson writes for MLB.com and is way too good for the Chronicle. She kicks butt on her radio interviews too. She knows sports -- at least the Astros.

Last edited by aj.; 05-20-2006 at 08:33 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #16
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It wouldn't be the first time thats happened. Here in England Manchester United often get upset with the BBC, the Manager Alex Ferguson often refuses to do interviews with them.

Newspapers have been banned from covering games here - reporters have been refused entry into the stadiums - though I cant imagine the Texans no allowing any of the Chrons reporters in.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Justice is a much better baseball writer than a football writer. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around anything Manfull writes ever since she compared Dom Davis to Earl Campbell. I'm not sure she knows what she is looking at. The chronicle coverage has been weak, but the Texans coverage of themselves is expanding, just like all the teams are starting to cover themselves more and more. That is not bad, but they won't be too self critical nor will they ask too many tough questions. I wish the Chronicle would improve the quality of their NFL/Texans insight, but I don't have my hopes up.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwilt72
McClain is out of the country. Heard him say that last week on the radio. Not sure about Justice.

Maybe Justice went with him, and will decide to stay!! (wishful thinking!!)

John McClain's coverage of the TEXANS last year was very good, IMO!! He certainly knows the in's and out's of the organization better than Justice, Lopez, and Mansfeld all put together.
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #19
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

Yea I noticed too Ibar and covered most of this in my last weeks rant on the Chronic's pitiful coverage of the Texans during the OTA's.
Here's the other topic complainaing about no coverage of the Texans in the res tof the state - this case San Antonio - only Dallas gets full Texas coverage - for that matter our Houston paper still gives Cowboy coverage almost as good as what they do for the Texans which is a crying shame for a local paper.

http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zon...ad.php?t=23319

As one of the largest metro cities in the country - with 4 major sports teams, yet the only thing covered in this town on a regular basis over and over again is the Astros. This irks me to the point I personally cant stand. For a football town the beat writers in this town sure dont seem to pay attention to "the sport" in this state and have ignored it for years since the "Post" left with all the good sportswriters.

As I mentioned in the other blurb - We get better High school football coverage in this town then we do of the "Texans" and overall we get better reporting and coverage from national media sources like Fox and ESPN on our local teams then we do our local paper which is a real shame.
Old 05-24-2006   #20
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

McClain they say is on a vactain somewhere in playland and Justice is out on a limb somewhere, but the two have not been seen in Texan's land we're not sorry to say. The shoulder must be a big one. I wonder if its cold in playland.

Some toes have been stepped on and the owner of the toes must not be too pleased. When stepping off of a cliff one must be concerned about its height. Oh, well, just some food for thought.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read