Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-20-2006   #1
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Which Playoff Team Would You Rather the Texans be?

If you didn't have a choice of a dynasy (a la New England, Dallas, San Fransisco, etc.), what team would you rather us be?

1. Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like Manning's Colts)

2. Many Super Bowl trips but never win one (E.G. Buffalo in the 90's)

or

3. One and Done...You get the one Super Bowl but don't even come close to it again for a long, long, looooong time (I'm talking 20+ years). Not even a playoff berth...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Owie...those choices hurt, but um...

I guess A)Always a contender, but never in the Super Bowl (Like the recent Broncos)

It'll at least make the regular season better. I'd hate to be like Tampa was a little bit back.
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

I'll take A. Why? Because we might catch that break one year and get to one.
Old 05-20-2006   #4
JAXwithanX
Veteran

I don't get how 1 is possibly better than 2? Being in the Super Bowl every year obviously means you were a contender in the regular season AND did well enough in the playoffs to make the Super Bowl (2). Why would you choose just being a contender and not ever getting to the SB (1)?

and the whole option 3. isn't going to ever mean anything to anyone unless you are pulling a Red Sox thing and people are spending their whole lived cheering for a team who can't put it together. not exactly the Texans situation.
JAXwithanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #5
mancunian
Daleks Rule

Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Rep Power: 833 mancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respectedmancunian is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316
I'll take A. Why? Because we might catch that break one year and get to one.
Yeah I'd agree with that....you get to the play offs and ANYTHING can happen....look at the Steelers last year. 3 play off wins on the road and noone thought they'd be able to do that.
mancunian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #6
Bobo
Hall of Fame

The team that wins.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #7
DominickDavisFan76
Veteran

Well I am a Texan Fan now so I say win one NOW! and be done wit it.
DominickDavisFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-20-2006   #8
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Understandable...

But the options are that 1 means you never get to the Super Bowl, 2 means you never win but get a bunch of chances in a given time period (like the Bills did) and 3 get that one but never come close for a generation or two.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #9
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 55500 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just want to have hope going into the season, hope in November/December and some hope in January. Obviously, every fan wants championships, but I want to be entertained. As long as they are competitive and it looks like they have a shot, the season will be a lot of fun.

By the way, I'd gladly forfeit a superbowl win in order to see my team come back from 32 points in the second half of a playoff game. A game like that is more rewarding than any superbowl victory is.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #10
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 116440 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCD
2. Many Super Bowl trips but never win one (E.G. Buffalo in the 90's)
Better to be the second best team in league then the 4th best. Would be dissapointing to lose the SB over and over, but atleast we would be winning the AFC over and over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #11
Oilers/Texans
Veteran

I'd like #2 because....you are IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! If you keep going, you'll eventually win some of them. I want the Super Bowl as many times as I can get it!!
Oilers/Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #12
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers/Texans
I'd like #2 because....you are IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!! If you keep going, you'll eventually win some of them. I want the Super Bowl as many times as I can get it!!
See the Buffalo Bills.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

#2 definately, I would love to be in the Super Bowl often, that's what great teams do. The only thing you can do better is win one, and I'm sure if we go a lot we'll eventually win one.
Old 05-20-2006   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

If i had to choose between being the Colts, the Bills, or the Lions.. ill take choice A (the colts).

Choice B SOUNDS fun.. but you dont hear people talking about the great Bills organization do ya? At least with option A, we may not be in the superbowl, but we will get plenty of respect around the league.. and the seasons would be interesting.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #15
Tex Trenches
Veteran

It would be hard to root for a team that you knew would never be a champion. I'll take #3 and cherish the moment for life.
Old 05-20-2006   #16
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Trenches
It would be hard to root for a team that you knew would never be a champion. I'll take #3 and cherish the moment for life.
I agree. I would have my desktop wallpaper be David Carr holding up the Lombardi in a storm of confetti... while being lifted up by Super Mario.

Old 05-20-2006   #17
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

The Oilers and Astros were/are option A and it sucked. It was frustrating as all hell. I'm sure it wasn't fun being a Bills fan either. All those Super Bowl loses. Man that sucks.

I'll take the Super Bowl victory any day of the week.
sakebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #18
touttail
All Pro

I just want a respectable team on the field, not an embarassment. Some one you can be proud of and yell for! The playoffs will come!!!!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #19
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

option 1 for me.. because when we get to the playoffs that means we have a chance.. also one reason I am glad we went defense in the draft..defenses win championships ... offenses well..look at the Colts..they rolled over everyone for 13 weeks.. 13 weeks for the AFC playoff bound teams to study game film of that offense and shut it down.. and it happened again.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #20
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Denver Broncos when John Elway was there.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read