Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Total Regular Season Victories For Texans:
3 or less 1 1.09%
4 2 2.17%
5 4 4.35%
6 14 15.22%
7 24 26.09%
8 21 22.83%
9 17 18.48%
10 or more 9 9.78%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2006   #1
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Total 2006 Victories

How many wins for Texans this year? I'm going waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy out on a limb with seven, but I think if they catch lightning in a bottle they could do better.
Old 05-19-2006   #2
Tex Trenches
Veteran

I see great things for our Texans this year.
Old 05-19-2006   #3
wrestler4life
Veteran

Let us just be better than next year by a few games. THat is all I want.
wrestler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #4
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

So far roughly 71% think we will be .500 or better. You people are more optimistic than I am, but I hope you are right.
Old 05-19-2006   #5
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

anything more than 9 is overly-optimistic, but I appreciate the enthusiasm. I said 7. Our schedule is tough this year and our division is getting stronger, apart from the removal of a few key players from our opponents.
Old 05-19-2006   #6
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I'm saying 8-8, mainly because this year's team shouldn't much resemble last year's.

Our coaching changes alone should reap instant benefits.

Knock on wood.

Still wish we had Reggie, but I'm optimistic about the team's immediate future.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #7
Fldvldog
Veteran

Whoever voted 10 or more are pure homers. No way they go from a 2 win season, to a 10 win season, when they didn't do anything spectacular in free-agency (because that would HAVE to be the case).

I'm predicting a 6 win season for the texans. Steadily increasing. No way the texans don't break .500 in the '07 season...
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-19-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think 8 is a realistic goal.
Old 05-19-2006   #9
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
...they didn't do anything spectacular in free-agency ...
Few teams do anything 'spectacular' in free agency any more. Teams have figured out how to keep their star players for the most part (save Edge and a couple others this year)

However, the Texans added several starters and key backups in free agency including Eric Moulds, Mike Flanagan, Jeb Putzier, Kevin Walter, Tony Weaver, N.D. Kalu, Michael Stone, et al.

They had a very good free agent period, and when combined with their Day 1 draft haul, they had one of the better collections of off-season personnel moves in the league. And that's not homerspeak.

The Texans have enough talent to win 8 games but their greatest challenge will be adjusting to a new system and to each other... and not getting too far down on themselves if things don't go well over the first five weeks.

Last edited by aj.; 05-19-2006 at 06:36 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #10
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We are in a tough division and conference, and surprise we have a tough schedule.

5 to 6 games we will win but there will be some growing pains and losing some tough ones down to the wire. That 6 of 8 on the road in the middle of the season concerns me if they don't start of strong.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #11
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 9843 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Whoever voted 10 or more are pure homers. No way they go from a 2 win season, to a 10 win season, when they didn't do anything spectacular in free-agency (because that would HAVE to be the case).

I'm predicting a 6 win season for the texans. Steadily increasing. No way the texans don't break .500 in the '07 season...

The best part is, its win win for us homers, if we don't get 10 or more wins, then at least we were the overly optimistic fans, if we do get 10 or more wins then you'll have egg on your face!
Old 05-19-2006   #12
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Fldvldog, call me a homer. I have faith we'll shock the world. By the way...did your MB change it's format? I went over to say howdy and was totally lost.
Old 05-19-2006   #13
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
Few teams do anything 'spectacular' in free agency any more. Teams have figured out how to keep their star players for the most part (save Edge and a couple others this year)

However, the Texans added several starters and key backups in free agency including Eric Moulds, Mike Flanagan, Jeb Putzier, Kevin Walter, Tony Weaver, N.D. Kalu, Michael Stone, et al.

They had a very good free agent period, and when combined with their Day 1 draft haul, they had one of the better collections of off-season personnel moves in the league. And that's not homerspeak.

The Texans have enough talent to win 8 games but their greatest challenge will be adjusting to a new system and to each other... and not getting too far down on themselves if things don't go well over the first five weeks.
Come on aj. stretch a little more and come over to "The Homer Side". Can you hear the Voice?
Old 05-19-2006   #14
TexKan

From the time he walked in the door Kubiak has brought his game plan, first he addressed the offense in free agency and then fortified the defense in the draft. I am looking for 9 wins and our first over Indy. It's an exciting time to be a Texan.
Old 05-19-2006   #15
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Given our success in free agency, the draft, and the excitement of the players, I'm going with 9 wins. It is the off season and we might as well err on the side of wins rather than losses. I honestly think 7 is more realistic and 8 is possible -
but I like the sound of 9 wins - tough schedule or not.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #16
SAMURAITEXAN 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 16963 SAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respectedSAMURAITEXAN is a quality contributor and well respected

I always said, I would be happy if we put 7 or more Ws. So I voted 7. I still can't believe this team produced only 2 wins last year. With FA and draft this year and new coaching staff and scheme, I'm convinced Texans will put 7 or more Ws this year. I just don't want to go over my head with # of Ws. So, 7 min ##Max.
SAMURAITEXAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006   #17
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Do any of you guys that posted have season tickets? If so, are any of you yellow lot dwellers? For the first time in the Texans' existence I won't be working late at the bar on Saturday nights. I will be able to tailgate with gusto. Looking for tailgating friends.
Old 05-23-2006   #18
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Bump
Old 05-23-2006   #19
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

San Diego Chargers 2003 4-12 2004 12-4

gee I guess you forgot that a lot of teams have turned it around 1 season to next...SHEESH:brickwall
Old 05-23-2006   #20
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Didn't the cowboys go to the superbowl after posting a one win season?

I'm not saying that will happen here, but you don't have to necessarily improve slowly over a two or three year period.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read