Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default AJ + Moulds = exciting WR duo

I've been excited all offseason to see out how effective these two elite WRs can work together. I can't wait to see Moulds and AJ get out on the field and tear it up. I like the way that Moulds is already co-operating well with AJ and they are both helping eachother out.

Quote:
Texans | Moulds looking to give offense another option
Thu, 18 May 2006 09:34:19 -0700

Nick Schenck, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans WR Eric Moulds is excited to be working with WR Andre Johnson and hopes to two can compliment each other on the field. "I get an opportunity to play with a receiver that's going to demand a lot of respect," Moulds said. "That's going to take a lot of pressure off of me, and I am going to do the same for him. We're going to even the playing field, so to speak. So I think it's going to be a plus for the Texans." Moulds added that he thinks he can teach Johnson a few things to be more successful. "I think that he's willing to learn those things and study and get better. He's a quiet guy, but at the same time he works hard... For me, it's easy to go up to him and say, 'Hey Dre, try it this way or try it that way. See if this works for you.' And he respects that."
I am very impressed by the way Moulds is really trying to help out AJ and the way that Moulds is trying to be a mentor to him.
Old 05-18-2006   #2
TexansFan4EvR
Rookie

Yea ... its finally good to give Aj a Mentor in Moulds that can help him for the future. I could see them both possibly going to the pro bowl next year!!! Wish we could have that kinda leadership on Defense .. Dang i miss Glen and Sharper how much better could we be!!:brickwall
Old 05-18-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

and Walters is nearly the same height and weight as them....
Old 05-18-2006   #4
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
I've been excited all offseason to see out how effective these two elite WRs can work together. I can't wait to see Moulds and AJ get out on the field and tear it up. I like the way that Moulds is already co-operating well with AJ and they are both helping eachother out.

I am very impressed by the way Moulds is really trying to help out AJ and the way that Moulds is trying to be a mentor to him.
The team got a LOOOOOOOT better when we got Eric Moulds.
Think Moulds drops the ball on the Jags 2 yard line in the 4th, I doubt it very much!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #5
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Think Moulds drops the ball on the Jags 2 yard line in the 4th, I doubt it very much!
Lol, Jabby Jabby, you little prankster.
Old 05-18-2006   #6
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
and Walters is nearly the same height and weight as them....
Since I said that earlier... anyone think if Walters develops under Moulds he'll be our #2 when Eric finally decides to leave the league?
Old 05-18-2006   #7
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Since I said that earlier... anyone think if Walters develops under Moulds he'll be our #2 when Eric finally decides to leave the league?
It's possible, but I think they are looking for Mathis to be the #2. Walters I think will be a very good pickup for us, but I suspect he is a #3 type of WR,

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-18-2006   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
It's possible, but I think they are looking for Mathis to be the #2. Walters I think will be a very good pickup for us, but I suspect he is a #3 type of WR,
I disagree I think that Walters is a future started for this offense. His size and blocking ability is highly desirable in a run based offense, add to that his great hands and you have a starter right there.

Mathis is and forver will be a return man and a deep threat option.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #9
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
I think that there is little chance of Mathis becoming a #2. We will be lucky if he can become good enough running routes to become a #3. Right now all he can do is run in a straight line. ( Of course he is fast enough to get away with it)
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #10
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan
I disagree I think that Walters is a future started for this offense. His size and blocking ability is highly desirable in a run based offense, add to that his great hands and you have a starter right there.

Exactly what I think. We drafted Mathis because we needed a real threat at KR. Mathis is a kick returner. He is not a reciever. I see us drafting a WR with a first day pick next year to become a starter and Kevin Walter will be a #3 at best while he is here with us.
Old 05-18-2006   #11
Jwwillis
All Pro

Quote:
Im hoping by the time Moulds is ready to hang em up we will have had 3 drafts to get some young stud burners.
Jwwillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #12
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yay!
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #13
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

If he is dedicated to learning the position of WR, then Mathis might just be a #2 via injury, or lack of performance by others. Once Carr has that extra 2 seconds to make the throw, then Mathis might get some throws his way.
Old 05-19-2006   #14
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Umm, Jabbar Gaffney rated very high in lack of drops.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #15
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwwillis
Im hoping by the time Moulds is ready to hang em up we will have had 3 drafts to get some young stud burners.

I think a WR that has 4.4 speed is a great WR. Don't you think?

As for Mathis, he may be fast, but all that speed does no good if you outrun the ball being thrown or don't catch the ball.

:bananasplit:
Bearfan Blue and Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #16
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

Quote:

I agree 100%. You have not seen what this guy can do yet. I think you will be impressed by his abilities and will be wondering to yourself... How did this guy ever get under the radar. Then you will look at Kube and see... Man, he is a great judge of talent.
Old 05-19-2006   #17
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

That was such a great article. It really got me excited to start the season. I am so ready for football.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #18
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan

Who is this "Walters" person that you all are talking about???
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #19
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nor would he have to lay out to beat the guy because he will have a step on him already.

As for Gaffney, I am sure he will still be a good WR on a good team but Moulds has proven himself to be very good even on a bad team.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #20
Bearfan Blue and Orange
Veteran

He is the WR the Texans went after as soon as free agency began and signed an offer sheet to him before any other team had a chance and threw the bengals for a loop so they did not match.

He has not had alot of opps to catch alot of passes being behind Chad Johnson and TJ H. He was their special teams ace he was one of their gunners. I remember watching Monday Night football against the Broncos and he blew past Champ Bailey off the line. Next time they lined up there were 2 defenders on him.

He has been compared to Ed McCaffrey and Jerivicious type of WR. of his 30 receptions in his 3 years, 18 of them were for 1st downs. He made one of his breakout games against the SB Champs Steelers Defense in their playoff game when Carson went down and the wr also went down. he moved the chains pass after pass.

He is 6'3-6'4 215lbs has awesome hands, runs tight disciplined routes, eager to learn and learns fast. He has been clocked running close to 4.4 speed if not under 4.4 speed.

He went to Eastern Michigan and set all kinds of records while was there.

A solid dependable WR that has the size, strength and speed to be a starter in the NFL. He just has to get is chance. Everytime the Bengals asked him to step up HE DID!!! That is why Kube grabbed him right away.

when he came out of college he was benching over 400lbs as a wr... and no FAT!!!

You will love him. I have followed his career since he left high school.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read