Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-18-2006   #1
TexansFan4EvR
Rookie

Default Power Rankings!!

I know Power Rankings dont mean anything, but its nice to know were not at the the bottom, and they have us one spot higher than the Titans!!

#24 :They should have taken Reggie Bush, but they had a good draft anyway. If the line can protect David Carr, they'll be much improved.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9442718
Old 05-18-2006   #2
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Did we or did we not beat the Cardinals last year.............Come on.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #3
LBblitz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Although I do believe we have improved drastically on both sides of the ball, I really feel Arizona will be scary this year with all of their additions via free agency and the draft. They could suprise some folks...I for one am suprised they are that low.
Old 05-18-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm kinda rootin for the Cardinals on the NFC side this year. Talk about an organization that has blown chunks for several years.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #5
Bobo
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75
Um, you do not want to take that rationale seeing that, if last year was all that was taken into account, the Texans would be ... well, guess.
Bobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #6
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

The Saints dropped a spot after drafting Reggie Bush? 25 to 26?
Old 05-18-2006   #7
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinSisters
The Saints dropped a spot after drafting Reggie Bush? 25 to 26?
Had to with the Texans leap frogging them. It's nice to see that as the "didn't draft Bush" hysteria is wearing off, people are beginning to realize that we had a VERY good draft.
Old 05-18-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

NFL Power Rankings in May are absolutely and unequivocally meaningless.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #9
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBblitz
Although I do believe we have improved drastically on both sides of the ball, I really feel Arizona will be scary this year with all of their additions via free agency and the draft. They could suprise some folks...I for one am suprised they are that low.

I don't know about the Cardinals doing well this year. It'd be nice to see, but remember that last year they were just about everyones "sleeper" pick and that fell out of favor pretty quickly...
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #10
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 79515 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure Arizona will underperform. Bidwell = Bud Adams
Old 05-18-2006   #11
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we are too low, we should be above a couple of teams, i.e. Baltimore (without Mcnair), Green Bay, Rams, hopefully Falcons, and the Vikings. I think we will be better than these teams.... but hey I am guessing and it is MAY. So time will tell.
Old 05-18-2006   #12
Tex Trenches
Veteran

Texans are #1 in my rankings.
Old 05-18-2006   #13
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex Trenches
Texans are #1 in my rankings.
You have those dreams too?
Old 05-18-2006   #14
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 88375 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
NFL Power Rankings in May are absolutely and unequivocally meaningless.
Yes but it is fun to rank and rate these things and it does help pass the time before real football starts.

BTW I think we are about right on this. We are better than last year but with all the changes it is impossible to say how much.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #15
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

i dont know...a power ranking and 50 cents will get you a coke

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read