Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-17-2006   #1
Chato
Rookie

Default Hey Loser...They Have Your Jersey

Just got back from Academy and saw the #90 jeresys. I will have to get me a white one.

On the next rack...Oilers #10. I thought cool...Oliver Luck throwback? Nah...it had "Young" on the back.

I promise to let anyone I see wearing one know that it is okay...and if they wait long enough right where they are....the short bus will come around looking for them again.
Chato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

a Vince Young Oiler's jersey? WTF?
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #3
stevo3883
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
a Vince Young Oiler's jersey? WTF?

When Vince was at madison they played in the oiler's colors.

so it's actually a perfectly legit jersey, a VY HS throwback.
Old 05-17-2006   #4
Chato
Rookie

Sorry, that was sarcasm. They will always be the oilers no matter where they are.
Old 05-17-2006   #5
mapleleaf
Veteran

Well there is a small amount of Titans fans here, for those who think following their team no matter where they are is a good idea.

What about Bush jersey's, I mean we have those evacuees still living here eh?
Old 05-17-2006   #6
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

I say let him wear #5, the rule is stupid and he will help the city. Do the right thing NFL.
Old 05-17-2006   #7
MorKnolle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle MorKnolle

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I say let him wear #5, the rule is stupid and he will help the city. Do the right thing NFL.
I personally don't really care what number any of them wear, but I don't want to see the NFL change any of its rules for just one player. If they've established these rules then I'd prefer to see them hold fast with their decisions unless they are given better reason to change the rules than just because Reggie wants to keep the number he's had since peewee football.
MorKnolle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato
Sorry, that was sarcasm. They will always be the oilers no matter where they are.
Ahah! thats what i thought you were getting at, i was just
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #9
ImSoTexas
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I personally don't really care what number any of them wear, but I don't want to see the NFL change any of its rules for just one player. If they've established these rules then I'd prefer to see them hold fast with their decisions unless they are given better reason to change the rules than just because Reggie wants to keep the number he's had since peewee football.
They're are several players especially WR's that are wearing numbers such as #11, #19, #13 etc...Let the man wear #5 It would fly off the racks like crazy.
ImSoTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #10
dwilt72
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
I thought I heard today that they are going to let Santonio Holmes keep his #4. If so, they should let Reggie keep #5.
dwilt72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #11
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Exception for receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTexas
They're are several players especially WR's that are wearing numbers such as #11, #19, #13 etc...Let the man wear #5 It would fly off the racks like crazy.
The NFL had to make an exception for receivers because there are a couple of teams who have more than a couple of wide receiver numbers retired.

It all started with Keyshawn Johnson.
Old 05-18-2006   #12
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 3484 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

why is this guy calling people a loser? is young the loser, or the consumers? and why are they losers? and why do u have to bring the short yellow bus into this? that post was kinda offensive gomer.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #13
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorKnolle
I personally don't really care what number any of them wear, but I don't want to see the NFL change any of its rules for just one player.
they did with keyshawn.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006   #14
Chato
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator
why is this guy calling people a loser? is young the loser, or the consumers? and why are they losers? and why do u have to bring the short yellow bus into this? that post was kinda offensive gomer.
Thank You!

If you are "we shoulda tooken vince" guy and buy/bought/want a #10 jersey then yep....your bus is on its way.
Old 05-19-2006   #15
axman40
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34613 axman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respectedaxman40 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chato
Thank You!

If you are "we shoulda tooken vince" guy and buy/bought/want a #10 jersey then yep....your bus is on its way.
That's Mr. Loser to you buddy!

:bananasplit:
Old 05-21-2006   #16
Chato
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by axman40
That's Mr. Loser to you buddy!

:bananasplit:
LOL....
Old 05-21-2006   #17
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw the Titan #10 jersey at the Academy near me. I also noticed that the racks were FULL! Doesn't seem like all those "fans" who jumped on the meatball wagon have been that quick to rush out and buy one!

Don't look for Bush jersey's until he's a lock. I'm betting he'll be a holdout!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006   #18
Chato
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
I saw the Titan #10 jersey at the Academy near me. I also noticed that the racks were FULL! Doesn't seem like all those "fans" who jumped on the meatball wagon have been that quick to rush out and buy one!
I am sure Texanator will pick his up. He's prolly still out on the curb waiting for that bus thats supposed to take him to Academy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read