Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-17-2006   #1
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default New AJ 'Voice of the fan' post

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

"-Believe it - there was a Bennie Joppru sighting. Yes, I had to check my roster sheet but #83, the former 2003 second-round draft pick, was out there catching balls during full-team drills."

This almost made me cry. GO JOPPY!!
Old 05-17-2006   #2
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/de...0Latest%20News

"-Believe it - there was a Bennie Joppru sighting. Yes, I had to check my roster sheet but #83, the former 2003 second-round draft pick, was out there catching balls during full-team drills."

Bennie reminds me of our bad ass wide receiver Jordan Shipley that we have at UT. Great hype, but has yet to play a down. Has been hurt for 2 or 3 straight years.
Hope to see Bennie recover and finally play!
As well as Shipley of course!
Old 05-17-2006   #3
BullPenPhotos
Veteran

Rep Power: 14828 BullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respectedBullPenPhotos is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy

Try my All Purpose Spice Mix
Andys-Spice-Mix.com
BullPenPhotos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #4
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

If he can play well, That's like having another high draft pick added to the team this year. All of the little things that are going right for the Texans this off-season could very well have a nice pay-off during the season.
Old 05-17-2006   #5
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"That’s great news for football die-hards like us, because if you’re like me, you would rather watch Jameel Cook or Quadtrine Hill catch flare passes from Sage Rosenfels than watch a minute of the Mavs – Spurs series or pay a minute of attention to the circus that is Barry Bonds."
That's what I'm talking about. But atleast the team is back on the field.
Great report AJ ! Actually, I wish you had your own blog so we could get continuous reports like the one in this link.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #6
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 45091 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

no doubt AJ is one smart dude

now if he can figure out the starting offensive line and 52 man roster

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Good luck Jopp we are praying for you.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-17-2006   #8
SESupergenius

Good Job AJ, that's the first "voice of the fan" I read all the way through.

It will be a whole different team, a better one? Well we'll see. DD is scaring me however, because he's not coming along fast enough.
Old 05-17-2006   #9
tiger06
Veteran

thanks aj, good read
tiger06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #10
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default Good Post

Good Post AJ. How did Carr look in his early drills in this new offense?
Old 05-17-2006   #11
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

We may to disagree on issues, but your post is far better than anything from ESPN or the Chronicle. Once again, THANKS!!!!!!!
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 278082 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Good job, aj.! I always appreciate your perspective, and it's good to hear insight about practices this early.

I can't wait to see Super Mario in action!
Old 05-17-2006   #13
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

In addition to the news of BJ and Mario this was my favorite line from his piece.

-About five minutes after arriving, I was almost splattered by Eric Moulds as he caught a sideline pass at full speed and carried it out of bounds right past me. At first I thought, dang, Marcellus Rivers must have been on a heck of an off-season strength-training program. Then I realized – good God – that’s Moulds. I can’t wait to see him and Andre on the field at the same time. It will be a beautiful thing – given protection.

If AJ and Moulds stay healthy we should be a nightmare defensively for the other teams. We have the potential of an extremely explosive offense.
Old 05-17-2006   #14
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks AJ. I enjoy the VotF and hope you continue writing them. Great info.
Old 05-17-2006   #15
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Here is a little more on BJ.

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/
Old 05-17-2006   #16
whiskeyrbl

Sweet reporting AJ. Like all the info you are able to give. If you take request can I offer up one and see if you can report how our Secondary looks this summer? Also really interested in how TJ looks back at his natural position. Keep up the good work ~!!!
Old 05-17-2006   #17
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Good stuff AJ. Would like to see Coach Bob break out the chickens. Good to know we have a cut man on the sideline.

Ok I am done, back to training.
Old 05-17-2006   #18
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks Aj!!!! Gave me butterflies to read about our team! Can't wait until they hit the field in Sept!! August will be fun, but that Eagle game is gonna be GREAT!! WHEN we win, expect Reliant to erupt, just like it did after that "girl" game in 2002!! The players are hungry and the fans are about to go bonkers!! The excitement is in the air!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006   #19
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

As long as we're making request, tell me about my man D-Rob, I wanna hear about his hits in practice, knocking the cobwebs loose and such!
Old 05-17-2006   #20
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 14294 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ok.
I' can't take it anymore.
Can we have a.j. and Texan Chick be the reporters for the Chronic?
Please?
MightyTExan is online now   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read