Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2004   #1
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Gary Walker and Benni

Anyone hear any news on him lately? How's he doing? Also, what's going on with Benni?
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #2
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 304671 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Walker had a groin issue. Babin had the strained abdomen. Bennie and Casserly both recently said that they expect him to play at some point this year but they don't have a time table for his return.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #3
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 158703 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Bennie will not play this season and probably will not play for the Texans or any NFL team ever. Sports hernia is taking a toll on the poor guy.
As Infantrycak has pointed out, Casserly has stated he expects to see Joppru on the field this year. I heard that myself.
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #4
SBTexans08
All Pro

Send a message via MSN to SBTexans08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny
As Infantrycak has pointed out, Casserly has stated he expects to see Joppru on the field this year. I heard that myself.
I thought I'd never get to see that guy contribute....that's definitely good to hear since we got him with a what....2nd round pick was it?

Last edited by SBTexans08; 09-02-2004 at 04:18 PM.
SBTexans08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 72917 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, a second round pick. It feels almost as bad as picking up boselli, and him not playing. I expected Joppru to be the starter this year. Sad stuff. I just hope he plays sooner than later.
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004   #6
Texans Pride
Hall of Fame

Section: 111, Row Q
Rep Power: 347 Texans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans Pride is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the info guys
Texans Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Matt Murphy is reminding me of Billy Miller. Unknown but showing the kind of production that gave him the opportunity to be a starter. Above that he run blocks better than Miller.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-03-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Based on the one pre season game I saw and the ones I listened to on NFL.com, he looks (sounds?) pretty good. As thin as we are at TE, I suspect he makes it and Holloway gets cut. It will all depend on what the coaches have seen in camp, practices and on film though.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004   #9
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

I hear what your saying, I just doubt that they will give up on a high second round pick yet if there is a possibilty he will make it back. Holoway is a good blocker and not such a good catcher, but he does know the system and that may be the actual deciding factor of whether he or Murphy make the team. Since we are emphasising the run, it may tilt towards Jabari.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read