Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-15-2006   #1
User Name

Thumbs down Texas OL Will Allen walks out of camp

Saints | W. Allen leaves camp
Mon, 15 May 2006 19:54:20 -0700

NewOrleansSaints.com reports New Orleans Saints rookie free agent OL Will Allen left the team during the their minicamp. Head coach Sean Payton was asked if he was disappointed and he replied: "It's not for everybody. You'd rather find out now then take up a space in camp. You are disappointed if you get to camp and you are one roster spot short. We had a couple of guys do some things in that position where we'll be fine."

????

what happened guys?
Old 05-15-2006   #2
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The G from Texas? I never heard much of him character-wise.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Name
yep that's him, i dunno either cause it was lookin like he was going to possibly make a spot on the team, and this was just rookie camp with no pads and he quits? wow.
I hate that word..............The man decided that he wanted his last game to be with a NCAA Championship. He said it is not for everyone, good luck in what ever he does. He probably was wondering for a while if he wanted to do this the rest of his life he got out there and said "I am good, good luck".
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

If he's doing what he wants to do, then it's not his loss.

And given his education background, I think he'll be okay.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #5
Frills
Veteran

All too easy
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #6
fastpitchwoof
Rookie

No one knows what is going on in his mind or life. I had a scholarship offer to play at a mid level college. I didn't really enjoy playing football so I declined. I am 42 yrs old now and every once in a while I wonder if I could have made it. But I made the right decision and I never regret not trying it. Football is brutal and you have to love it to put your body through the abuse that it is going to take. Unless you are a stud (I wasn't) and are going to make a ton of money you probably shouldn't play if you don't love it. It is a personal decision.

Good luck to this young man.
Old 05-16-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

practice is a bit harder in the NFL than how mama mack brown ran hers.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2006   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude came in undrafted, knew his chances were slim, and got out. He's got a degree from a good school. The NFL isn't the only opportunity out there for a college graduate.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #9
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna
practice is a bit harder in the NFL than how mama mack brown ran hers.
You going to argue with the results of those practices?
Old 05-16-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge
You going to argue with the results of those practices?
works in college, not in the NFL.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Mack Brown - College or NFL head coach?
Old 05-16-2006   #12
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default could this be why?

maybe since the saints were the only team intersested in him, he probably didnt want to go to that team and that probably why he quite...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Best of luck to a integral part of the University of Texas championship run. Professional sports are not for everyone and save a few, not as lucrative of a career as in the corporate world. Best that he made the decision now rather than later.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read