Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default greg threat

a very gifted athlete that was not drafted. was a saftey at the university of miami and led the canes in tackles 2 years ago which was the first time a defensive back lead the team in tackles in like 50 years...Threat is 6'0" around 200 pounds and runs a 4.5 forty time...he reminds me of sean taylor, i think he could be a great upgrade to a team because he has that mentality to get the job done...I think the texans should look to sign him for depth, fight for a starting job or just for special teams...this kid could be a steal if no other team has him...tell me what you think...

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/20/208309.jpg
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

I think i like the sound of that. Is it too late for an invite to camp?
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

He has already been picked up.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #4
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
:brickwall
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #5
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by battlered
sure! i'll give him a shot.

but what people don't ever think! ufa aren't great players
if you take this situation 3 drafts ago, i bet there were alot of players that look enticing and was considered a steal, but fast forward till now they're prob not on the roster hopfully on the practice squad and if they're real good then they're on the team as depth.

i just hope you don't really think he's an impact player, but yeah i'll him a chance to make the team!
the runner-up for superbowl MVP (willie parker) was a UFA. kubiak's best linemen in denver were nobodies. tom nalen (7th) and matt lepsis (UFA) are near the top in the league at their positions. more often than not, these guys are just preseason tackling dummies, but they wouldnt even make it that far without potential. my favorite player in this draft went UFA (dwayne slay) and now has a great opportunity to join on with the bears.
Old 05-15-2006   #6
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
by who?
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #7
ojthecat
Veteran

the Falcons picked him up

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read