Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-15-2006   #1
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas
Default Dolphins sign Marcus Vick

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2446261

Opinions?

I think it was a pretty smart move. You can test him out and see how he does. 1 Mistake and u can always cut him...Its worth a try!
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #2
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

All joking aside.

If I was running the camp, I would have signed him. I'm kinda old school with the character issues. There are people that are far worse then lil Vick ever was. I draw the line at criminal issues ( minus weed, plus steroids ), but outside of that, flipping off fans and that stomp... pffft, must've never seen Davidson or Ham play... or some folks just select to remember only certain things.

( NFL.com is running a Davidson/Raiders clip right now )

On to strictly football:
I want to see some teams start featuring a two or three throwing back approach . Just to shake things up and give me something new to watch. Having a slot WR that can throw and run is a pretty good thing to have ( and that might make up for his under-developed hands/route running )
Old 05-15-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I think he can easily be there #3 QB if he plays to his capabilites in training camp. There roster has Culpepper and Harrington, and then there's a bunch of undrafted rookies, so I think he's got a good shot. Miami obviously didn't think he wasn't that bad when he came in for them.
Old 05-15-2006   #4
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

I think they may have a position change in mind for him. They weren't impressed at all with his QB talents during the mini-camp.

I'd say best of luck to him but it wouldn't be sincere.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #5
Rightnow
Veteran

I doubt he will make the team. All other teams in the NFL past over him and he is a good athlete. That tells me that his off the field stuff is worse than what was reported.
Old 05-15-2006   #6
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

His future:

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006   #7
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

he'll be the 5th QB on the roster if he was a QB. culpepper and harrington are clearly above him, and i'm even tempted to put cleo lemon ahead of harrington, because he's been in the system longer, and from all accounts, is pretty good. then there's the undrafted justin holland, who reminds everyone of a poor man's jay cutler. looked good in the mini-camps.

so essentially what we're looking at here is a position change for vick. new OC mike mularkey is familiar with this sorta thing from his pittsburgh days. but making the team as a receiver won't be easy, either. chris chambers, marty booker, derek hagan, wes welker, kelly campbell, devin aromashadu, fred murphy, fred gibson, and some other PS'ers. he'll have to have a helluva preseason (including camps and practices) just to make the practice squad.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-16-2006   #8
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why did they sign him?, I doubt this guy changed over night, or maybe seeing himself not getting drafted was the kicker, Good Luck to the Dolphins.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006   #9
Kingsville66
Rookie

I wonder why Atlanta didn't pick him up as a back up to big bro? I would think that Big Bro could keep him out of trouble for a while.
Kingsville66 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read