Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-15-2006   #1
playoff year please
Veteran

Default Where are all the people that would be complaining right now....

Where are all the people that would be complaining right now if Williams had a hamstring issue. All you #1 pick bashers would be having a field day if Williams was hurt, but since your man is hurt you won't talk about it. Boy, so many people can bash, but they can't praise or even say we might have gotten lucky. I know it too early to say with Bush, but you know the bashing would be unbelievable if it were Williams.
playoff year please is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #2
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

What is real interesting is he is practicing before he has a contract. That is generally a no-no. If he gets injured in this situation he is up the creek without a paddle. Tune in the for the next segment of "As the World Turns on Bush". In reality I hope things do turn out well for Bush and wish him the best of luck, its just he was not what we needed most. He has gone through a lot and I think he faces an uphill battle. He's had some unlucky moments of late.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #3
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I would be shocked if he didn't have some sort of insurance policy in effect right now.
Old 05-15-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think you need a contract to go to mini-camp.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #5
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
I would be shocked if he didn't have some sort of insurance policy in effect right now.
ALL top picks get insurance that covers them from before draft until contract signing, he is covered of course if he keeps gimping up my grandma will be able to cover him
Old 05-15-2006   #6
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 26880 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

GO TEXANS!
Old 05-15-2006   #7
Snapple
Veteran

lol It's a minor hamstring injury. You act like Reggie just Ki-Jana Carter'd himself. Reggie's injury isn't even an issue, so get off your high horse.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
GO TEXANS!
The amount of Glare from you post is a problem for those of us who have faulty vision. I think making it a little bit bigger would reduce the glare factor.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by playoff year please
Where are all the people that would be complaining right now if Williams had a hamstring issue. All you #1 pick bashers would be having a field day if Williams was hurt, but since your man is hurt you won't talk about it. Boy, so many people can bash, but they can't praise or even say we might have gotten lucky. I know it too early to say with Bush, but you know the bashing would be unbelievable if it were Williams.
It is easy for people to kick a man when he is down.

-That is easy, try it when the horse is MAD!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #10
playoff year please
Veteran

Default High Horse?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapple
lol It's a minor hamstring injury. You act like Reggie just Ki-Jana Carter'd himself. Reggie's injury isn't even an issue, so get off your high horse.
I am just tired of people bashing this team down. I wanted Young over Bush and Bush over Williams, but Williams probably makes more football sense.
Old 05-15-2006   #11
skillz24
Rookie

why the hell would you want young? sure he can scramble, but if you haven't forgotten atlanta has the best scrambler in the league and how many rings does he have? and bush, this kid is nothing, for the first eight weeks he draw some defensive attention, but once teams realize all he can do is return kicks and try to run down the sideline. he will be another failed college hero, because college and pros are a mile from one another. hell like at tom brady, he was a backup to brian greise, hmm we all know both of their stories a future hall of famer and a reject that jumps from team to team as a backup.
skillz24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #12
playoff year please
Veteran

Default I hear ya, but I believed Young would be great...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz24
why the hell would you want young? sure he can scramble, but if you haven't forgotten atlanta has the best scrambler in the league and how many rings does he have? and bush, this kid is nothing, for the first eight weeks he draw some defensive attention, but once teams realize all he can do is return kicks and try to run down the sideline. he will be another failed college hero, because college and pros are a mile from one another. hell like at tom brady, he was a backup to brian greise, hmm we all know both of their stories a future hall of famer and a reject that jumps from team to team as a backup.
but we got Williams, and I am cool with that. I am a Texans fan, so if Young or Bush goes big time and Williams doesn't, I wont be one of those people saying we should have or could have had someone else. Anything can happen with a draft pick. I am not here saying that the Bush injury is a big deal, and even if it was, I would not be thinking it would have happened to us if we picked him.
Old 05-15-2006   #13
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
What is real interesting is he is practicing before he has a contract. That is generally a no-no. If he gets injured in this situation he is up the creek without a paddle. Tune in the for the next segment of "As the World Turns on Bush". In reality I hope things do turn out well for Bush and wish him the best of luck, its just he was not what we needed most. He has gone through a lot and I think he faces an uphill battle. He's had some unlucky moments of late.

Does Vince Young have a contract? He praticed... In fact I think almost all of the #1 picks are going to the 1st workout since they are nothing more then walk throughs...
Old 05-15-2006   #14
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Griese has a Super Bowl ring and a chart topping 39 on the wonderlic. A mere point behind Alex Smith.

That makes Griese better than Dan Marino could ever hope to be... if wonderlic and Super Bowl rings mean the most.

From last year:
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW...nderlic.htm#qb
Old 05-15-2006   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 72911 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Wow, are you done? Please step down from your soap box now. He had a minor hamstring tweak. He MAY miss practice time. Getting all "I told you so!!" is ridiculous at this point in the game. Whats to say that would have happened if he had come here? Whats to say Williams wouldn't have had the exact same problem had he practiced in NO? Whats to say a minor hamstring tweak is EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT? Nothing. This has got to be one of the most argumenative posts I"ve seen yet.
Old 05-15-2006   #16
playoff year please
Veteran

Default Read my post...I am not saying I told you so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Wow, are you done? Please step down from your soap box now. He had a minor hamstring tweak. He MAY miss practice time. Getting all "I told you so!!" is ridiculous at this point in the game. Whats to say that would have happened if he had come here? Whats to say Williams wouldn't have had the exact same problem had he practiced in NO? Whats to say a minor hamstring tweak is EVEN WORTH TALKING ABOUT? Nothing. This has got to be one of the most argumenative posts I"ve seen yet.
I am looking for the Williams bashers and Bush lovers that would be ranting and raving if Williams was hurt.
Old 05-15-2006   #17
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
I am just tired of people bashing this team down. I wanted Young over Bush and Bush over Williams, but Williams probably makes more football sense.
The player that would have made the most football sence would have been D'Brickashaw Ferguson...even though everybody either wanted Bush or Young...the reason Ferguson would have the best pick for us would be because you have a quarterbak in David Carr that hasnt had the time in the pocket to show you what he can really do, I think he's going to have a great year this year...You already have a 1,000 yard rusher in Domanick Davis who can run the ball for most of the season and we could have drafted a running back in later rounds or free agency or trade...I dont think we really needed Mario Williams because we signed Anthony Weaver and N.D. Kalu to help fill needs and depth on the defensive line...to me Ferguson would have been the smartest and safest choice and would eventually beome a domanint player in this league in the next few years.
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #18
texanfan2100
Veteran

Quote:

This area is called a messageboard. It's generally where fans come to express their OPINIONS. I don't feel bad about thinking that the Texans took the wrong player, because 95% of the world thinks they should have taken Bush. I'm gonna be fair, though, and wait to pass final judgement. I'm certainly not gonna admit being wrong based on a tweaked hamstring.

By the way, saying the Texans picked the wrong player is not "bashing" them.
texanfan2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillz24

As many as Peyton Manning and Dan Marino COMBINED. The ring arguement is stupid. Vick is a multi-probowl quarterback with one of the highest winning percentages as a starter since he was drafted and 2 successfull playoff runs (successfull being defined as more than 1 and done).

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #20
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07
As many as Peyton Manning and Dan Marino COMBINED. The ring arguement is stupid. Vick is a multi-probowl quarterback with one of the highest winning percentages as a starter since he was drafted and 2 successfull playoff runs (successfull being defined as more than 1 and done).
You took the words out of my mouth

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read