Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-14-2006   #1
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Longhorns' Taylor, suspended since March, arrested

Since our faithful have yet to mention this, here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
AUSTIN -- Texas running back Ramonce Taylor, who scored a touchdown in the Longhorns' Rose Bowl win over Southern California, was arrested early Sunday by Bell County sheriff's deputies who said they found about five pounds of marijuana in a backpack in his car.

According to a news release from Sheriff Dan Smith, deputies also found a live 40-caliber round of ammunition in the console of the vehicle.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2444916

Comments? Drugs and ammo, far from a small mistake kids make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #2
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Apparently Texas is the new Dallas. With Ricky's infamy, this guy just killed any potential he may have had
Old 05-14-2006   #3
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

If true, I am shocked. I really like Ramonce as an athlete. Showed great promise for the next year or 2 of College. I think its a shame that people with such potential get into things like drugs, or things that require guns...
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #4
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

I live and go to school in Belton (Romance's home town) and have partied with him at my house in the last 3 weeks. He really is a nice and personable guy... but if you all knew the whole story surrounding this you would prob. be shocked.
Old 05-14-2006   #5
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

that really sucks, hes my favorite longhorns player on offense, i wonder if mack brown will kick him out, like kwami Cavil?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #6
Rovator
Veteran

five pounds? that's like $5000. That's a lot of wacky tobaccy (that looks stupid when you type it )
Rovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #7
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

Five lbs tells me Ramonce won't be getting off with community service or simple probation. It also tells me that he won't be going pro anytime soon.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2006   #8
cptnbreakdance
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Five lbs tells me Ramonce won't be getting off with community service or simple probation. It also tells me that he won't be going pro anytime soon.
Not if it was 5lbs of Dro, which it was, thats worth at least $25,000.
Old 05-15-2006   #9
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

smoke'em if you got'em

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #10
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnbreakdance
I live and go to school in Belton (Romance's home town) and have partied with him at my house in the last 3 weeks. He really is a nice and personable guy... but if you all knew the whole story surrounding this you would prob. be shocked.
Is that shocked in a "man he's getting screwed" kinda way, or "I'm surprised that's all they got on him" kinda way??
Old 05-15-2006   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23
that really sucks, hes my favorite longhorns player on offense, i wonder if mack brown will kick him out, like kwami Cavil?
He's been kicked off since February. He was told to get his grades up before Mack Brown would even talk to him about coming back.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #12
Frills
Veteran

HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

This is great, shows what UT can produce at RB...
Williams = Canada
Benson = Hold out and then injured
Taylor = Wearin stripes, but not a referee

BOOMER!!!!!
Frills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #13
Snapple
Veteran

I don't really care how much weed he smokes. He can sit around and smoke 12 hours a day if that's what rocks his boat.

I don't condone the gun thing, though. If he needs to get straightened out, then he needs to get straightened out.

Ramonce is a good player, and he will be missed on the offense if it comes to that. Jamaal Charles is the real gem of the backfield though, so as long as Charles stays out of trouble, I'm not really worried.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #14
gsbtxn
Veteran

I was real surprised to see his lawyer go to the "Michael Irvin defense". "It's not his weed. I don't know whose it is, but it's not his..."
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #15
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19818 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

This kind of thing just ticks me off. Not only am I a Longhorn fan and we lose a valuable player. But more importantly, he just goes and blows his future! Most people would die to have his talent and opportunity that he had.....and what does he do with it. I guess some people are their own worst enemy.
Old 05-15-2006   #16
MikeMc
All Pro

Nah, it's the system at UT-A that is producing all of these felons. They are taught in HS that they ar euntouchable because of their talents, so they get moved ahead. Then they get to UT-A and the same thing happens.....See the list of UT-A "grads" (aka early NFL draft entrants) as well as current/former students. They get in trouble, or can't make the grades, but they still move on thanks to the help of Mack Brown. Just look at RWilliams, Ced Benson, VYoung, and now the new member of the BongHorns!

5 lbs? $15-20k! Where did he get that type of scratch to even have that bag on him? Shows he was tutored by VYoung to call the cops about a broken window (his car)!!! DUDE!! Just go sell some dime bags to Austin Westlake students, and pay for the broken window!
Old 05-15-2006   #17
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frills
HAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHA

This is great, shows what UT can produce at RB...
Williams = Canada
Benson = Hold out and then injured
Taylor = Wearin stripes, but not a referee

BOOMER!!!!!
Boomer???
Boomer what?
Where's Charles Thompson at now?
Old 05-15-2006   #18
Snapple
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMc
Nah, it's the system at UT-A that is producing all of these felons. They are taught in HS that they ar euntouchable because of their talents, so they get moved ahead. Then they get to UT-A and the same thing happens.....See the list of UT-A "grads" (aka early NFL draft entrants) as well as current/former students. They get in trouble, or can't make the grades, but they still move on thanks to the help of Mack Brown. Just look at RWilliams, Ced Benson, VYoung, and now the new member of the BongHorns!

5 lbs? $15-20k! Where did he get that type of scratch to even have that bag on him? Shows he was tutored by VYoung to call the cops about a broken window (his car)!!! DUDE!! Just go sell some dime bags to Austin Westlake students, and pay for the broken window!
Yeah, when you get to UT-Arlington, you've hit the big time.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think Ramonce Taylor was involved in some incident (fight???) on 6th Street in November. Mack Brown didn't release the details of it, but it seems like I heard on 1300 in Austin that Taylor was involved. If that's the case, then this guy's been given more than one chance.
Old 05-15-2006   #20
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Link from the Austin American Statesman:

Quote:
It was Taylor's second brush with authorities in six months. In December, Austin police considered Taylor a possible suspect in a Dec. 10 incident in the Sixth Street entertainment district and in an assault involving an automatic handgun on Sept. 4. No charges were filed in those incidents.
Nice knowing him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read