Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-14-2006   #1
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default OTAs and Mini-Camps

The workout schedules are contained in this article. They are running two minicamps together with the weekend off as suspected to make it more like one bigger camp.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3861690.html

Quote:
Beginning Tuesday, the Texans will be on the practice field for the first time under new coach Gary Kubiak and his staff.

The OTAs (organized team activities), which aren't mandatory, run through the first weekend in June. Kubiak has designated June 7-9 and June 12-14 for minicamps, which are mandatory.

Other tidbits include:

Quote:
Back from the dead

The Texans player who may benefit the most from the change in coaching is offensive tackle Seth Wand. In 2004, his second season, he started at left tackle, and the team finished 7-9.

Last year, the coaching staff decided Wand couldn't play and demoted him. Then they moved him and demoted him again. They just about destroyed his confidence.
The new staff likes Wand, who is the first-team left tackle again. It's amazing how two staffs can look at the same player and draw different conclusions.

Finally!

Last edited by Runner; 05-14-2006 at 10:08 AM.
Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #2
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Great to hear!, maybe we'll get some forum fodder to talk about!
Old 05-14-2006   #3
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx
Great to hear!, maybe we'll get some forum fodder to talk about!
You got that right. It's been tough going here the past week or so.
Old 05-14-2006   #4
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Guess that confirms all of our thoughts about wand...I guess this really shows just how bad the old coaching regime really was. Most of us had our thoughts on wand at LT but for some unknown reason got into pendry's dog house and looks like he'll be manning down the position once again. Thank god we got Kubiak and co. Who is capers and pendry with now??? I hope we play them and when we do I hope wand really takes it personal.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #5
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner
The workout schedules are contained in this article. They are running two minicamps together with the weekend off as suspected to make it more like one bigger camp.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/3861690.html

Other tidbits include:

Finally!
Perhaps Sherman is confirming what Mr. B. said about Wand. I think many of us had a tendency to believe Mr. B over Pendry. It is going to turn out that 90% of the problem was really the previous coaching staff. That would really be a shame, but I have a feeling it really is the case. Even the injuries are going to turn out to be a function of an over worked and exhausted group of players.

I keep saying that you are going to be amazed at what you see this year and I stand by my predicitions. We will have a team which plays as a team and a group of coaches who know how to teach. It all adds up to a huge improvement. If you recall Mr. B was tuitoring Wand after practice. I wouldn't be surprised if Kubiak or Sherman gave Mr. B a call and asked him what he thought. Wand was a hard worker and Kubiak likes that kind of player. Effort and work ethic are big as far as Kubiak is concerned. It takes a lot to stay some place when you are not wanted and our being ridiculed. I hope he makes the previous coaching staff look like the bunch of bumbling ediots they were.

The adddition of the center from GB is going to be huge in the development of the O-line. So many teams came up the middle against us and really destroyed any pocket that was there. Carr always had to move one way or another because of that. If you don't have an anchor at the center you can't have a pocket. Many of us complained for ever about Steve at that position and that one change alone, if the guy stays healthy, is going to result in a major, major difference in the O-line. Add in a coach who knows more than what he is doing and some new outstanding blood from the draft and you will wonder where the line came from.

Kubiak is a big reviewer of tape and I suspect after he saw the tape of Wand holding his own against Fenney he would have to scratch his head about what the previous coaching staff was doing. I suspect the same was true of many other players and positions. Some one who knows what they are looking at is going to disect what was happening and marvel at the ineptitude of the previous staff. There are so many signs of this and that's why I was hoping we would start hearing and seeing some interviews with the Texans players and coaching staff about how all of this is now coming together. Perhaps with next weeks beginning of organized periods we will begin to officially hear about some of this.

GOOOO TEEEXANS
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #6
tex
Veteran

I like Wand hope he does good this year.Hope he makes old coaching staff look like fools.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006   #7
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex
I like Wand hope he does good this year.Hope he makes old coaching staff look like fools.
That won't be too hard
Sponsored links
Old 05-15-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Remember, tomorrow starts OTA's. I guess we need to hound are favorite reporters to go out and report what is happening. I certainly hope we start hearing what is happening and how people are looking.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006   #9
Sportsfan
All Pro

Can fans go to these mini camps and OTAs ? Or is that just the 'regular' training camp later this summer?
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read