Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 05-11-2006   #1
WILLIEG
Veteran

Default Supplemental Prospects?

Can anyone please provide a link to all the canidates for the upcoming 2006 supplemental draft, or least throw some names and postions out there.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #2
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats a cool idea.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Ahmad Brooks, LB, is probably the biggest prospect going in the supplemental draft.
Old 05-11-2006   #4
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I am not positive but I do not think our track record in this area is very good. Wasn't Tony Hollings a supplemental? I think we had one more but don't remember who.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #5
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Milford Brown
Old 05-11-2006   #6
cap1
All Pro

Rep Power: 12 cap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballotcap1 is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I am not positive but I do not think our track record in this area is very good. Wasn't Tony Hollings a supplemental? I think we had one more but don't remember who.
Milford Brown, G From Florida State
Old 05-11-2006   #7
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Ahmad Brooks, LB, is probably the biggest prospect going in the supplemental draft.
Is this who you are talking about:

Ahmad Brooks LB Virginia 64 249 Soph

Ahmad Brooks was one of the elite recruits in the country three years ago, and he may have already exceeded expectations in just two seasons of playing time. Brooks is draft eligible because he spent a year after high school at Hargrave Military Academy. During his freshman season, Brooks set a UVa freshman record with 117 tackles with 10 of them for loss, 4 sacks and 6 pass breakups. This season, as a sophomore, he has had another fine season, being named one of three finalists for the Butkus award. Brooks father, Perry, played for the Washington Redskins.

Ahmad Brooks is a physical specimen. Hes got awesome size, hes a great athlete, hes fast, and hes strong. You may not be able to create a better looking linebacker than Brooks. On the field, he can do it all. He can drop back into coverage, he can weed through traffic and stuff the run, and he can get up field after the passer. Brooks is very versatile on the field; having the ability to play inside or out, and possessing the size to be a 3rd down pass rusher on the line. He has even lined up as a kick returner, averaging 27.5 yards on 2 returns in 2004.

There arent many negatives with Brooks. The obvious one is experience, as he has only played two seasons at the college level. Even that may be overrated, as he played at Hargrave for a year, and he has started every game hes played in during his two years at Virginia.

Ahmad Brooks is a great prospect, whenever he declares. He should be a Top 20 pick if he declares this year. With his size, athleticism, and versatility, its hard to not see Brian Urlacher. Brooks is that type of talent, and hes going to be an excellent NFL linebacker.
Old 05-11-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oblivion
So on Ahmad Brooks, Do we use a First on him or is that too high?
That's too high, I that we might be able to give a third but if his bid is a second rounder by a different team then I don't see us getting him.
Old 05-11-2006   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

I would use a second. The Texans do not really have a true MLB.
Old 05-11-2006   #10
B.Diddy
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to B.Diddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I can't really fault the texans on that pick before he got hurt Tony Hollings was one of the best running back prospects in college
Old 05-11-2006   #11
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 128861 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Diddy
I can't really fault the texans on that pick before he got hurt Tony Hollings was one of the best running back prospects in college
hollings was a backup defensive back his first 2 years, and only played 4 games in college as a running back.
Old 05-11-2006   #12
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 40233 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmartin65
I would use a second. The Texans do not really have a true MLB.
I agree. This kid would have been a top 15 pick next year. I would not mind giving up a second..
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #13
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I would probably not go any higher than a 3rd and that would be only if he interviewed real well with us. I've read numerous reports about this guy being a headcase. Remember before you start demanding we throw in a first round pick...he got kicked off his team for a reason.

There's no doubt that our defense would look AMAZING with him if he got his head on straight.

Williams-Johnson-Smith-Weaver

Greenwood-Brooks-Ryans

That's a nasty front 7
Old 05-11-2006   #14
12Gage
Rookie

He sounds like he could be a great linebacker, but he was kicked of Virginia's team after testing positive for an illegal substance multiple times. Brooks and his people are saying it could have been second hand smoke, so it is obviously Mary Jane. He tested positive at least twice with Virginia officials within in the past few months and was booted off the team for an "off-field incident".
He is a great player, that I still think we should look at. But we need to be careful.
12Gage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #15
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
He sounds like he could be a great linebacker, but he was kicked of Virginia's team after testing positive for an illegal substance multiple times. Brooks and his people are saying it could have been second hand smoke, so it is obviously Mary Jane. He tested positive at least twice with Virginia officials within in the past few months and was booted off the team for an "off-field incident".
He is a great player, that I still think we should look at. But we need to be careful.
That is the whole problem. I don't see us looking at someone with any attitude problems or a history of having them. I would like him on our team a lot as long as we don't give up a first round pick.
Old 05-11-2006   #16
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Gage
Is there a link on this? Being a headcase is allot different than being a wacky weed smoker. If he has a drug problem, then it going to affect his career in ways that allot of teams will not even look at him. If he is just a headcase, say like Vick, then oh my......
Old 05-12-2006   #17
WILLIEG
Veteran

What I was meaning is that I was hoping that someone could provide a link or wedsite that talked about all the canaidates that were coming into this years supplemental draft.
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #18
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 122990 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan
Is there a link on this? Being a headcase is allot different than being a wacky weed smoker. If he has a drug problem, then it going to affect his career in ways that allot of teams will not even look at him. If he is just a headcase, say like Vick, then oh my......
I agree.. depends on the interview. I mean warren sapp was busted and straightened himself out , so to speak.. yet it IS a case by case scenario

if he interviews good..2nd round and I have no problem , because I don't think he'd be around if he came out next season ,when our 2nd round pick came up
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #19
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 112890 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

lets not forget kubiak was on the same team that wasted a 3rd round pick on maurice clarett. id say theres a slim chance of it happening but he is very talented by all accounts and it is a definite need for our team...
Old 07-12-2006   #20
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Any idea what time the draft is tomorrow?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read