Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-11-2006   #1
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881
Default The numbers are in

Just wanted to let everyone know that our rookies have now gotten their numbers.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.php

Drafted

DeMeco Ryans #59
Eric Winston #73
Charles Spencer #77
Owen Daniels #81
Wali Lundy #33
David Anderson #14

Along with some of our undrafted free agents

Quadtrine Hill #44
Damien Rhodes #29
Scott Weaver #47
Matt Baker #4
Quinton Porter #5
Richie Ross #16
Old 05-11-2006   #2
66cobra
Veteran

looks like we got our #5 after all, he-he...

Looks like I am going to get a DeMeco Ryans #59 jersey now..
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 53272 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

#59, I like that
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #4
gsbtxn
Veteran

I've got a feeling Winston's number might change. He was #74 at Miami and Brad Bedell has #74 for now. I don't see Bedell making the team.
Adoptor of Eric Winston #73
gsbtxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #5
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Just out of curiosity, who wears #82?

Thats my number, and since I'm going to be TE this year, I'm hoping for Putzier.
Old 05-11-2006   #6
U4ikrob
Guitar Junky

[cough cough] #90 Mario Williams allthough I will be getting a #59 Ryan jersey myself - Birmingham Alabama is my family's hometown and fav college team.
Old 05-11-2006   #7
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by U4ikrob
[cough cough] #90 Mario Williams allthough I will be getting a #59 Ryan jersey myself - Birmingham Alabama is my family's hometown and fav college team.
yeah. i was about to say... where's mario?
Old 05-11-2006   #8
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan
Just out of curiosity, who wears #82?

Thats my number, and since I'm going to be TE this year, I'm hoping for Putzier.
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's Ben Steele. Putzier is 89.
Old 05-11-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayseed2002
We do not have a #10 with the name YOUNG on back.
okay.
Old 05-11-2006   #10
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

#33 for Wali, that was Gary Brown's # with the Oilers wasn't it?

I like #59 for Ryans. I can't decide on my next jersey, either Mario, DROB, or Ryans. Back in the day I wore #23 so maybe it should be #23.
Old 05-11-2006   #11
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan
#33 for Wali, that was Gary Brown's # with the Oilers wasn't it?

I like #59 for Ryans. I can't decide on my next jersey, either Mario, DROB, or Ryans. Back in the day I wore #23 so maybe it should be #23.
yeah. i'd tell you to go with dunta.
Old 05-11-2006   #12
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Just wanted to let everyone know that our rookies have now gotten their numbers.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/roster.php

Drafted

DeMeco Ryans #59
Eric Winston #73
Charles Spencer #77
Owen Daniels #81
Wali Lundy #33
David Anderson #14

Along with some of our undrafted free agents

Quadtrine Hill #44
Damien Rhodes #29
Scott Weaver #47
Matt Baker #4
Quinton Porter #5
Richie Ross #16
Umm if Owen Daniels is 81, and AJ is 80, did EMoulds ever decide on a number or did I miss that entire news flash?
Old 05-11-2006   #13
The Dude Abides
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 39 The Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Dude Abides is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
Umm if Owen Daniels is 81, and AJ is 80, did EMoulds ever decide on a number or did I miss that entire news flash?
Answered my own question. 84.
Old 05-11-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dude Abides
It was never really announced or anything, they just put it on our depth chart on our site about a week or two after it happened. He's going to be #84.
Old 05-11-2006   #15
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
Sorry to disappoint you, but it's Ben Steele. Putzier is 89.
That doesnt make me feel better. Who is that and why does he have MY number?
Old 05-12-2006   #16
phil2366
Rookie

Default Not a good sign:

I'm not sure who Andre Torrey is but I do not think it is a good sign that they give you the same number as a former all-pro. I think I would have rather been given 00 or a 90's number, oops we have the 90's pretty well filled, Oh well maybe even 100 than the same number we spent $$$$ on in FA.

Torrey, Andre
LB
6-4
R
Arizona
Flanagan, Mike
C
6-5
UCLA

I know the NFL has certain rules about position and numbers, but can a LB have a number in the 30's because DeMeco Ryans was #35 @ Bama and it is open on our roster. I like 59, but as a Bama fan I've grown used to Ryans and that 35.
Old 05-12-2006   #17
66cobra
Veteran

35 is allocated for RBs and DBs. LB #s have to be in the 50-59 range with 90-99 being alternates (in case the 50s are used or retired). Still, it would be sweet seeing DMR wear his original 35.
66cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #18
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil2366
I'm not sure who Andre Torrey is but I do not think it is a good sign that they give you the same number as a former all-pro. I think I would have rather been given 00 or a 90's number, oops we have the 90's pretty well filled, Oh well maybe even 100 than the same number we spent $$$$ on in FA.

Torrey, Andre
LB
6-4
R
Arizona
Flanagan, Mike
C
6-5
UCLA

I know the NFL has certain rules about position and numbers, but can a LB have a number in the 30's because DeMeco Ryans was #35 @ Bama and it is open on our roster. I like 59, but as a Bama fan I've grown used to Ryans and that 35.
I don't think his number will predict his future. If he makes the team he'll just have to switch it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read