Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 09-03-2004   #21
MikeMc
All Pro

I guess to clarify, if you go to a certain school (undergrad), that should be your team. Graduate is different, because that is for a different reason; professional degree, etc.

I never understand why someone has more than on FAVORITE team. Remember we had the debate in the past between fav NFL team. Some said Texans & Cowboys! WTF!?

I am not the typical fan, I guess. I have one team, and one team only. I give fully to that team and no other. My loyalty & heart belong to that team and that team alone!

I guess the rest of you are entitled to your own opinion...as I am to mine. I guess you can obviously see my opinion.

I like to see my fiance`e's team do well.....SWT (not T-State because she fought to keep it SWT when she was a "senator"). In that case, it is supporting her...not necesssarily the team. Much like some of you have said because of family members and such attending certain schools. Whenever SWT is on TV, we watch together...just like she watches when my Coogs are on TV.....to support me as well.

Well that was the long version..
Old 09-04-2004   #22
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

My favorite team is going to be Texas State, but I don't expect them to be on TV or get much publicity anytime soon. I never said I had multiple "favorite" teams as that contradicts itself. I simply like the Longhorns and since I have a ton of relatives (as in almost all my known ones) in Georgia I tend to cheer for them if I see them playing. I also like to see Auburn do well as my dad went there for a year. It doesn't mean I'm selling out to my college or any nonsense like that.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #23
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

HOOKEM HORNS!

(I have learned long ago not to debate with MikeMc when it comes to college football....he has some deep seated hatred for the Longhorns. He can't stand anyone supporting them for some reason. I don't try to figure it out....I just accept it!)
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004   #24
MikeMc
All Pro

I guess it is the same with Dubya.....if you live in Texas, it is just the "thing" to do if you can't think for yourself. You support Bush and the Horns.

LHB, if you knew anything about the Coog fans, you might understand the "hatred" for the Longhorns. Obviously you just chalk it up to something that you cannot understand with me.

BTW, how many schools have you gone to, but for some reason you support the Horns?
Old 09-06-2004   #25
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
I guess to clarify, if you go to a certain school (undergrad), that should be your team. Graduate is different, because that is for a different reason; professional degree, etc.

I never understand why someone has more than on FAVORITE team. Remember we had the debate in the past between fav NFL team. Some said Texans & Cowboys! WTF!?

I am not the typical fan, I guess. I have one team, and one team only. I give fully to that team and no other. My loyalty & heart belong to that team and that team alone!

I guess the rest of you are entitled to your own opinion...as I am to mine. I guess you can obviously see my opinion.

I like to see my fiance`e's team do well.....SWT (not T-State because she fought to keep it SWT when she was a "senator"). In that case, it is supporting her...not necesssarily the team. Much like some of you have said because of family members and such attending certain schools. Whenever SWT is on TV, we watch together...just like she watches when my Coogs are on TV.....to support me as well.

Well that was the long version..
I think everybody else shares this point of view. You're just looking at it differently.

If somebody says UH and Rice are their two favorite schools but if they go head to head they'd want UH to win, that's really no different than you saying you'd like to see SWT do well.

Why somebody likes another team is irrelevent. They might like the uniforms. They might have a great deal of respect for the head coach. Location, tradition, etc. all play a part.

If the only reason for following a school is because you attended it, I guess we should exclude any fans that are too young to go to college yet. Did you bother following college football before you enrolled? Did you have a "favorite" team?
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2004   #26
MikeMc
All Pro

Yes, it was the Coogs!

I understand the "young fans", they typically go with what their parents follow. Funny thing is that when I lived in Bay City, TX (5th grade and before) everyone was UT fans. One of my best friends even went to UT as a QB (Richard Walton). When I moved to Alvin, TX everyone was A&M fans. Funny how the two followed different teams despite being so similar (20K pop., rural small town).

My point has been based on people going to certain schools but supporting others (especially while they are still at that school)!

Like LedZep going to T-State and supporting the Horns!

Old 09-06-2004   #27
LonghornBabe
Tubin' Chic

Rep Power: 573 LonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respectedLonghornBabe is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LonghornBabe Send a message via Yahoo to LonghornBabe

Mike..you and I have been through this. I have tried to explain how I feel. You don't understand my thoughts...and I don't understand yours!

I am a LONGHORN.

As you know, I rec'd my undergrad at UT. Yes, I did go to grad school at UH. I wish them nothing but the best. Both of my parents graduated from UH. I actually support all the schools within the state. I think it would be great if we could keep all of our athletes within Texas.

If a school in Texas is playing a school outside of Texas...that is who I am cheering for!!

That being said, UT is #1 in my book.

Oh yeah...and what you said about "not understanding the coogs hatred for the Horns".....honestly, I have A LOT of friends who are coogs. My parents are (as I said before), I went to UH, the majority of my cousins are cougars. They don't hate UT. None of them do. When my ex husband was playing at UT, they were all there watching and supporting the horns! I honestly don't think all cougars hate UT.

I am done with this thread. You and I have done this before. We are both very strong and opinionated people. I am not going to change my mind and neither are you.

My advice to everyone out there: SUPPORT WHOEVER YOU WANT!!! THAT IS YOUR RIGHT!!
LonghornBabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-06-2004   #28
MarleyFan
Veteran

U of H
Cal
MarleyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004   #29
J-Man
Veteran

GIG "EM AGGIES!!

Class of '97

Anyone playing Texas and after that who knows...I just like watching a good game whoever is playing.

My sleeper team for the year is Tennessee...2 true freshmen QB's both played lights out this weekend.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004   #30
ledzeppelin229
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 712 ledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respectedledzeppelin229 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ledzeppelin229

I don't see what's wrong with me being a Horns fan. I was a Longhorn fan before I went to middle school, even when I didn't follow college football. If they played SWT, I would go for SWT in a heartbeat. But as far as winning a championship, UT is always in the mix so why not cheer for them? Same goes for Auburn and UGA/GT for me.

Quote:
I guess it is the same with Dubya.....if you live in Texas, it is just the "thing" to do if you can't think for yourself. You support Bush and the Horns.
UT is probably the most advertised school in the state. They (along with A&M and to a lesser extent TT) dominate the market. I think your problem is that you can't accept other peoples opinions, so you just accuse them of being wrong. People have their own reasons for doing things and by the time you're in college I would expect you to realize and accept that fact.

ledzeppelin229 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read