Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-10-2006   #1
TommyS
Veteran

Default Is our new GM already in the building?

Mike Sherman, please stand up.

any takers?
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #2
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I doubt it. No proof of course but I think he wants to coach again.
Old 05-10-2006   #3
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Do not want to see that happen. He is more valuable on the field than in the FO.
Old 05-10-2006   #4
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 348851 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought I had read that we would not longer have an official "GM" position within the organization?
Old 05-10-2006   #5
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Doubt that Sherm will be the GM. Most likely the guy from Atlanta or Denver.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #6
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I really think Sherman want's to be a head coach still. He does have some experience with being a GM in Green Bay, but I think he'll stick to coaching.
Old 05-10-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel
I thought I had read that we would not longer have an official "GM" position within the organization?
Ya I've heard talk about some triangle of 3 people to make the decisions or something like that.
Old 05-10-2006   #8
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783
Doubt that Sherm will be the GM. Most likely the guy from Atlanta or Denver.
Isnt the guy from ATL gonna try to get the NFL Commisioner position.
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 85602 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Sherman will be a head coach next year, so enjoy him while he's here. When the next round of firings happens, they'll be looking for someone who has head coaching experience, and has a winning W-L percentage.

Well guess what? That someone actually exists. (The fact that Green Bay actually fired him still boggles my mind. )

And I'll be very, very, very surprised if McNair even wants to hire another GM. That puts too many decision making eggs in one basket, and as the saying goes . . the good ones are already taken.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #10
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ok so i guess the real question is do we want a new GM or just not have one in the organization, and have more than one person make valuble decesions ???
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #11
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 42196 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

VP of player personell.... not GM.... though it souds more like a title thing.

One to say what he want - Kubiak
One to say how much - Ferens
One to do the research - yet to be named.
One to sign the check - McNair
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #12
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
One to say what he want - Kubiak
One to say how much - Ferens
One to do the research - yet to be named.
One to sign the check - McNair
I've heard that McNair believes the commissioner's duties should be divided. Guess it makes sense that he would do that in his own team.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

A lot depends on personalities, but why not Steve Mariucci or Butch Davis?
Old 05-11-2006   #14
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Yes, he's in the building.

And he has "Kubiak" on his office door.

IMO, this is the guy who becomes GM if we go 8-8 or better. If I were McNair, I wouldn't even flinch. Kubiak would be my guy, especially after the draft we just pulled off.

No need to muddy the water with a brash GM when we got one who will also be a HC for us, too.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #15
Dolby
Rookie

Didn't Dan Reeves name get thrown into the mix over the last couple days or was it a bad danish I ate for breakfast?

Strap your belt on, kid. We're going in!
Dolby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #16
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolby
Didn't Dan Reeves name get thrown into the mix over the last couple days or was it a bad danish I ate for breakfast?
It was speculated back in the latter part of the season, but I am fairly sure that he has publicly denied (as has the Texans front office/McNair himself) that he doesn't want the job/isn't even considered for it.

He consulted, and in my opinion was asked to be a short-term consultant so that the fan base would see that a major move was coming (the big shakeup that we're saw with Kubiak as HC, and now with CC leaving). Nothing sends a better signal that changes are a'comin than when you bring in a former NFL guy to "consult" and "observe" when it's the GM's job to player evaluate, etc.

I predicted from the auditions of Idol that Taylor Hicks will win...and I'm looking pretty smart on that one...and I just think Kubiak will eventually get the HC and the GM job all in one.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read