Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 09-01-2004   #21
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

AJ I think right now AJ is the best based on yards after the reception. This link gives you a nice insight into AJ and what he is like along with stats on yards after the reception. AJ is becoming a feared receiver by the defense and I think Carr and AJ will contect a lot more this year, particularly with the changes in what the CB's can do while defending the receiver.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #22
TexansCanes
All Pro

well both have their positives and negetives, charles has the speed, runs good routes, and can make the great catch (see notre dame game), but he has trouble getting off the bump. andre is fast, physical, and is a great run blocker, but he has trouble running routes and can drop some catchable passes. i won't judge till after next year but i still think cj is moss and andre is a quiet owens.

good to see roy is back to his old self.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #23
chicagotexan
All Pro

So far Andre w/o a doubt. Of Course Rodgers was hurt, but that's all we have to go by. In the long run I think both will have very good careers because they have a alot of young very talented players on offense to help them along. I would take Andre though, becuase he is stronger and could probably handle the punishment better.
chicagotexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #24
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansCanes
andre is fast, physical, and is a great run blocker, but he has trouble running routes and can drop some catchable passes.
I know they list what university players come from forever, but their characteristics coming out of college compaired to present day do change. Scouts did question his routes coming out of college, but after last year the consensus was he was a strong route runner. He has worked on that and on his hands again this off-season as part of his work ethic to improve. On routes I wouldn't give either an edge right now--hands, let's see how the work paid off.
By the way, Rogers dropped a slightly higher % (9.6%) of passes thrown his way last season prior to going down than Andre did (8.4%).
Old 09-01-2004   #25
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 71634 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

It IS hard to compare these two kids together. If you base it off of this year, then you will think that CR is injury prone. And AJ almost hit the 1,000 mark. But I say we wait until their sophmore campaign's. I just hope both stay healthy. They are both playmakers. But I have to go with my boy AJ on this one. Sorry Detroit.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #26
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ - proven

Rogers - unproven

simple as that.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #27
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I know they list what university players come from forever, but their characteristics coming out of college compaired to present day do change. Scouts did question his routes coming out of college, but after last year the consensus was he was a strong route runner. He has worked on that and on his hands again this off-season as part of his work ethic to improve. On routes I wouldn't give either an edge right now--hands, let's see how the work paid off.
By the way, Rogers dropped a slightly higher % (9.6%) of passes thrown his way last season prior to going down than Andre did (8.4%).
how did you find out how many passes each dropped? i could never find anywhere, where it showed dropped passes... do you have a link? because it would be mighty useful to me..
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 09-01-2004   #28
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

I'd take AJ, just as I would have if I had the choice in the draft. We got the receiver that I wanted. Charles Rogers may turn out even better than AJ, but AJ has the size and speed to create some great mismatches. Also, Andre's attitude and demeanor add a couple marks in his favor as well. I hope they both have long and healthy careers.
Old 09-01-2004   #29
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitLions
how did you find out how many passes each dropped? i could never find anywhere, where it showed dropped passes... do you have a link? because it would be mighty useful to me..

Look here. They also have interesting stats on QB's for how many missed receptions are due to defensive plays, dropped passes and bad throws as well as stats on how many sacks and penalties each offensive lineman gives up.
Old 09-01-2004   #30
TexansCanes
All Pro

i'm just talking about the ball that you need to catch and a few come to mind when he should have caught it and didn't, those are the balls that he has to catch. he is still sloppy in his routes but you're right he is getting better but he can still improve. if he could fix that it would make him that much better.
TexansCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004   #31
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
Look here. They also have interesting stats on QB's for how many missed receptions are due to defensive plays, dropped passes and bad throws as well as stats on how many sacks and penalties each offensive lineman gives up.
good website, thank you ^_^
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read