Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-10-2006   #1
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly has resigned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog
He told them at 2:30. I'm not gonna be as happy as some, but I won't miss him either.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #2
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72
He told them at 2:30. I'm not gonna be as happy as some, but I won't miss him either.
This is the kinda stuff I want to see first on the Houston Texans homepage, not on ESPN. Thanks for the heads-up though
Old 05-10-2006   #3
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38637 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #4
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

Texans Press Conference on NFL network soon (4:00 ish)... check it where available
Old 05-10-2006   #5
Texan in Japan
All Pro

Rep Power: 7197 Texan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan in Japan is a quality contributor and well respected

He had a tough job. Trying to build a franchise from stratch isn't easy; especially with the weak talent pools in our early drafts. Overall, I thought he did an OK job, probably a C to C+ grade from my perspective. I wish him the best and hope we get a savvy replacement.

Texan, back in Texas!
Texan in Japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Press conference is on 610 right now. Just can't hear the questions.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #7
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

FWIW, I've been down on the guy since he hired Capers. I think he redeemed himself this offseason. I heard Justice talk about the guy's story from his days as a high school coach to an unpaid intern with the Redskins to his current GM position.

You can dog the guy out for his decisions but you can't deny that he's busted his @$$ to get to where he is now. Best of luck to him.
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2006   #8
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

So, what was said in the news conference?
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #9
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

There seems to have been a lot of problems with the Texans over the last few years, and he's an easy target to blame. I don't have too much of an opinion one way or another, just hopeing we find someone good that will work well with the others, and I'm sure we will.

Q directed to Bob McNair: What have you learned from Charlie while he's been with the organization?

Bob: well I uh, uhm, hmm, thats a good question....lol
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #10
Johnny Utah
All Pro

What the hell? Casserly wants to go off the record so they stop the conference on 610am.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I was watching it on NFL Network and Bob spoke to Casserly and introduced him/ thanked him and then right when Charlie got up to speak we couldn't hear anything he was saying. i think he'll be back on a 6pm our time on nfl network though.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #12
pek281
Rookie

Rep Power: 17 pek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden coverpek281 could be on the next Madden cover

Keep us posted. Don't have a radio here at the office.
pek281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #13
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

I had to get up and take a call in the middle of it. Sounded like a bunch of party line BS. They should have the transcript on the Texans homepage.
Old 05-10-2006   #14
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by pek281
Keep us posted. Don't have a radio here at the office.
I thought Casserly was joking, but they really did shut down TV and radio coverage per Casserly instructions. Dank, wouldn't you like to hear the session at this point ? But Casserly says after his remarks, they will go back to broadcasting a more formal Q & A. Hopefully 610 picks it up again at that
point.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
What the hell? Casserly wants to go off the record so they stop the conference on 610am.
Yeah the guys on 610 said that he was about to talk about the true reason as to what went into the decision of choosing Williams over Bush. And also was going to go a little deeper as to why he was leaving. Hence the 'off record' request to the media.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #16
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan
Yeah the guys on 610 said that he was about to talk about the true reason as to what went into the decision of choosing Williams over Bush. And also was going to go a little deeper as to why he was leaving. Hence the 'off record' request to the media.

I'm hoping the remarks end up getting leaked to PFT or something.
Old 05-10-2006   #17
kingh99

nothing like keeping the paying public in the dark. It's not like the sports radio guys don't have a job without us either. Great classy way to exit Casserly.

He's a great rags to riches story. Let's see if anyone ever lets him run a club again. The Joe Pendry of GM's I say. Well intentioned but OVER HIS HEAD.
Old 05-10-2006   #18
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99
He's a great rags to riches story. Let's see if anyone ever lets him run a club again. The Joe Pendry of GM's I say. Well intentioned but OVER HIS HEAD.
Since you have a formula to measure that please provide it. Heck, we have one coach on our staff that has any head coaching experience at any level. Cass has super bowl rings in the same role where he garnered them.

When it comes to a team environment you just never know how all of the parts will work together.

I have come off as a Cass supporter since the beheading of Capers and staff, but my problem with the guy was how he worked with Capers and staff and because of #8.
Old 05-10-2006   #19
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm still a little confused here. Why have a "Press Conference" off the record?
Old 05-10-2006   #20
Long-Spurs-Texan
Veteran

nanana, nananana, heyheyhey, GOODBYE!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read