Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2006   #1
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Kevin Curtis

from www.kffl.com

Texans | K. Curtis named NFL Europe's Defensive Player of the Week
Tue, 9 May 2006 07:32:37 -0700

NFLEurope.com reports Houston Texans S Kevin Curtis has been named NFL Europe's Defensive Player of Week 8 following an outstanding display during his Cologne Centurions 20-13 defeat of the league-leading Amsterdam Admirals.

I checked the stats for that game and Curtis had 5 tackles, 2 INT's, and 2 defended passes in the game...
Old 05-09-2006   #2
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yah hes a solid DB in europe, id like to see how he does in the pre-season, if he makes it that far
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I saw a tiny bit of one game this year a few weeks ago and he got a pick. I'm impressed with everything he's done over there and I wouldn't be suprised if he makes the team over someone like Ramon Walker.
Old 05-10-2006   #4
BattleRedRaider
All Pro

Rep Power: 19 BattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame BallotBattleRedRaider is on the Hall of Fame Ballot
Send a message via AIM to BattleRedRaider Send a message via MSN to BattleRedRaider Send a message via Yahoo to BattleRedRaider

Since I don't get to do this too much (if not at all):

KEVIN CURTIS! TEXAS TECH! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Continue on.
Old 05-10-2006   #5
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sad thing is success in NFL Europe means almost nothing. I'd be willing to bet success as a DB over there is more meaningful than successful QBs over there, though
Old 05-10-2006   #6
bigTEXan8
All Pro

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02
Sad thing is success in NFL Europe means almost nothing. I'd be willing to bet success as a DB over there is more meaningful than successful QBs over there, though
Concur!!
Old 05-10-2006   #7
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Kickers do pretty good.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-10-2006   #8
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano
Kickers do pretty good.
Speaking of kickers, I think they have a rule in NFL Europe where if the kick is beyond 50 yards, then it's worth 4 points instead of 3. Just thought it was interesting.
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #9
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam
Speaking of kickers, I think they have a rule in NFL Europe where if the kick is beyond 50 yards, then it's worth 4 points instead of 3. Just thought it was interesting.
Ya they do. Do they ever make 50 yard field goals though?
Old 05-10-2006   #10
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

They probably dont chance it much
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #11
Cjeremy635
Overtraining

Rep Power: 41385 Cjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respectedCjeremy635 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quich question here. Do the players that are sent over the actually get a chance to compete for a starting spot on the roster back here or are they not taken seriously as a NFL caliber player? I say that because I don't know of many players that go over there and then have a chance to make it on a pro team here. It almost seems like it's a carrer ending decision to go and play in the NFL europe league.
Old 05-10-2006   #12
newbiefan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Quich question here. Do the players that are sent over the actually get a chance to compete for a starting spot on the roster back here or are they not taken seriously as a NFL caliber player? I say that because I don't know of many players that go over there and then have a chance to make it on a pro team here. It almost seems like it's a carrer ending decision to go and play in the NFL europe league.
Ya, they get a chance. Don't forget about Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, and multiple kickers (was it vinateri (sp?) but I know some big name kickers too.
newbiefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #13
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbiefan
Ya, they get a chance. Don't forget about Kurt Warner, Jake Delhomme, and multiple kickers (was it vinateri (sp?) but I know some big name kickers too.
It was david akers (spelling)....he played for the berlin thunder...helluva kicker.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Back to Kevin Curtis, I see him being on our practice squad this year and him making the roster next year.
Old 05-10-2006   #15
sprtsfanatic
All Pro

i've never seen the guy play so I cant honestly put my in....when I was stationed at the embassy in berlin I got an upclose look at several of our players that were allocated to nfle but I cant this time around.
sprtsfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He won't play this season. He would be too tired from not only NFLE, but from playing in the practice squad, too.

Last edited by mexican_texan; 05-10-2006 at 10:03 PM.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #17
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjeremy635
Drew Henson Cowboys QB acquired from the Texans played with them and now in Europe I believe and doing good and I expect him to come back to Dallas.

Last edited by TexanBorn51; 05-10-2006 at 09:59 PM.
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #18
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

here's a little history for you guys on kevin curtis...this guy was a leader on our defense back in 2000-2001...dude was a ball-hawk in college and could also lay the lumber...drafted in the 4th round in the 2001 draft by san fran...was supposed to be their starting FS that year but tore his hamstring during training camp...did the samething the next year and the 49ers basically released him...he bounced around training camps with the packers and the raiders and now the texans...if he's fully healed which i believe he is now he could be a solid back-up and eventual starter if he progresses...otherwise he'll be a sure tackling special teamer
Old 05-11-2006   #19
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyfro
here's a little history for you guys on kevin curtis...this guy was a leader on our defense back in 2000-2001...dude was a ball-hawk in college and could also lay the lumber...drafted in the 4th round in the 2001 draft by san fran...was supposed to be their starting FS that year but tore his hamstring during training camp...did the samething the next year and the 49ers basically released him...he bounced around training camps with the packers and the raiders and now the texans...if he's fully healed which i believe he is now he could be a solid back-up and eventual starter if he progresses...otherwise he'll be a sure tackling special teamer
Sounds like a true FS type. Hope he can make a splash in training camp.

From what I hear I like his pedigree more than Jamal Lord's.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #20
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he can make the team. I think he's still got a lot to show us this year

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read