Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2006   #1
mapleleaf
Veteran

Default Do you think the Texans strategy would work?

I think the reason why they drafted Mario Williams is to STOP THE OPPOSING QUARTERBACK, and the reason why they drafted some OL players which I doubt are any good is the PROTECT OUR OWN QUARTERBACK.

So do you think this concept of sacking the opponent and defending our own would work?

As for me maybe but it's a 50-50 for me.

P.S. What's up with Bowser and Mario similies all of a sudden?
Old 05-09-2006   #2
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf
I think the reason why they drafted Mario Williams is to STOP THE OPPOSING QUARTERBACK, and the reason why they drafted some OL players which I doubt are any good is the PROTECT OUR OWN QUARTERBACK.

So do you think this concept of sacking the opponent and defending our own would work?

Yes, I think it will work it!!!

If it worked the other way, we would have already won the Super Bowl because David Carr has been sacked more than any quarterback in 4 years.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #3
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Super Mario had Luigi as his sidekick who's going to be Mario Williams' sidekick? Who's going to be our Luigi and where's his smilie?
Old 05-09-2006   #4
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer
Super Mario had Luigi as his sidekick who's going to be Mario Williams' sidekick? Who's going to be our Luigi and where's his smilie?
Don't get what ur saying, barely slept last night my brain can't absorb info as much.
Old 05-09-2006   #5
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Don't get what ur saying, barely slept last night my brain can't absorb info as much.
Get some sleep. Come back tomorrow and things will make more sense. Also remember this:

Mario is a Texan
Reggie is a Saint
Vince is a Titan

Oooo! I like this guy!
Old 05-09-2006   #6
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exascor
Get some sleep. Come back tomorrow and things will make more sense. Also remember this:

Mario is a Texan
Reggie is a Saint
Vince is a Titan

Oooo! I like this guy!
Don't pressure me too much okay.
Old 05-09-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
and the reason why they drafted some OL players which I doubt are any good is the PROTECT OUR OWN QUARTERBACK.

The Mario= Super Mario= Mario Williams......

Bowser I guess, is the bad guy.... the other QB.

Now when you say "PROTECT OUR OWN QUARTERBACK." and "defending our own" do you mean David Carr?? or Eli Manning?? your avatar has me confused.
Old 05-09-2006   #8
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Now when you say "PROTECT OUR OWN QUARTERBACK." and "defending our own" do you mean David Carr?? or Eli Manning?? your avatar has me confused.
Use your common sense man, I'm in the Texans forum of course David Carr.

I used to be a NY Giants fan from 1997-2001 when Houston had no NFL team, plus I put the NY Giants logo as my avatar just to show my shame of my Texans fandom during the 2005 misery.
Old 05-09-2006   #9
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Are you a Texans fan? I'm not poking fun or anything. Not trying to disrespect you, either. I just cannot understand the following:

1. You didn't "get it" in terms of why we are all using Mario nintendo graphics. After all, we drafted "Mario" Williams. Seems to me that it's pretty easy to catch on as to why we're using Mario Bros. images.

2. Your avatar picture is the NY Giants logo...but you're discussing Texans football and using phrases such as "...and protecting our own (QB)..." as if you've adopted the Texans........yet you're using a NY Giants logo. Just a little confused on that one, too.

Switch your avatar picture to something Texans-related. But then again, since it seems you might be living in Texas but at one time had lived up north, which is why you have Ny Giants logo AND your screen name is mapleleaf, then I guess you are desiring to stay true to your roots and where you might be from.

Welcome aboard. Hope you are striving to be a Texans fan. This is the the kind of team all of us former Oilers fans have been wanting for a long time, and we have great things ahead of us. Unlike in Tennessee where the Titans fans will have their team moved (probably to L.A.) when their owner Bud Adams gets greedy again.
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #10
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 38035 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

This is his quaterback.....

Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #11
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Caption should read like this:

"I'm thuh qwarterback of the Giant New York football team. Check out this hot chick I'm with. She scooped up some of my puke from the grass in the front yard and put it in her purse. Look at me Peyton! Look at me! Little bro's doin' alright. Yeah, who's in whose shadow now, Peyton. Peyton! Peyton! (Crying) I love you, Peyton. Peyton! Peyton! Listen to me! I'm gonna' beat you some day. I'm gonna' beat you and daddy will love me more and he'll take me to Baskin Robbins after the game and you WON'T BE INVITED! Come on, whatever your name is...let's roll out of this place. You still got that puke in your purse, baby? OK. Just checkin....you can get some fat coin for that on ebay, you know that darlin? That's Eli chunkage right there."
GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap_Star

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 05-09-2006   #13
CoachJim
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to CoachJim Send a message via Yahoo to CoachJim

Quote:
... plus I put the NY Giants logo as my avatar just to show my shame of my Texans fandom during the 2005 misery.
Well at least ya got your title right ...
Old 05-09-2006   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317617 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You'd be amazed at how many games you can win if you excel at these two football concepts.

Game are won and lost in the trenches. If both your offensive and defensive lines are doing their jobs well, you're a playoff team. Do it great consistently on both sides, and you're a championship caliber team.
Old 05-09-2006   #15
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpshafer_1976

"I'm thuh qwarterback of the Giant New York football team. Check out this hot chick I'm with. She scooped up some of my puke from the grass in the front yard and put it in her purse. Look at me Peyton! Look at me! Little bro's doin' alright. Yeah, who's in whose shadow now, Peyton. Peyton! Peyton! (Crying) I love you, Peyton. Peyton! Peyton! Listen to me! I'm gonna' beat you some day. I'm gonna' beat you and daddy will love me more and he'll take me to Baskin Robbins after the game and you WON'T BE INVITED! Come on, whatever your name is...let's roll out of this place. You still got that puke in your purse, baby? OK. Just checkin....you can get some fat coin for that on ebay, you know that darlin? That's Eli chunkage right there."
A veritable Snarfarama. My wife will be sending the dry cleaning bill.
Old 05-09-2006   #16
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

No, that's my quarterback. That's an old picture and he's already better than David Carr.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Use your common sense man, I'm in the Texans forum of course David Carr.
Well, I had to ask... you've titled yourself a Bandwagon fan, and right now, fans are falling off of ours, and on to teams like the giants.....

But welcome.

I also doubt you'd be a giants fan, if it weren't for guys like Strahan, Umenyeora(sp), and now...... Lavar Arrington.... man I'd hate to have to play them.

Wait, we do have to play them......:brickwall
Old 05-10-2006   #18
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Coffee all over the place again, thanks!
Old 05-10-2006   #19
TMac48
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TMac48

Quote:

Hey, we've all been there. He's just livin the college life people.
Old 05-10-2006   #20
mapleleaf
Veteran

Quote:
Switch your avatar picture to something Texans-related. But then again, since it seems you might be living in Texas but at one time had lived up north, which is why you have Ny Giants logo AND your screen name is mapleleaf, then I guess you are desiring to stay true to your roots and where you might be from.

Welcome aboard. Hope you are striving to be a Texans fan. This is the the kind of team all of us former Oilers fans have been wanting for a long time, and we have great things ahead of us. Unlike in Tennessee where the Titans fans will have their team moved (probably to L.A.) when their owner Bud Adams gets greedy again.
I have been a Texans fan from 2002 to the present. And yes I was born in Toronto, no one likes football there. I moved to TX in 1996 and learned about sports like football since then.

Yep NY Giants are beggining to suck right now so...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read