Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default # of sacks in 2007 ?

With recent upgrades to our OL and DL and LB I would like to know where you think we will end up in number of sacks given up on offense and accumulated on defense.
My prediction is
Offense -- 32 allowed
Defense--- 45
Old 05-09-2006   #2
titan hater
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
With recent upgrades to our OL and DL and LB I would like to know where you think we will end up in number of sacks given up on offense and accumulated on defense.
My prediction is
Offense -- 32 allowed
Defense--- 45
How many sacks did our d have last year...Was it not something like 23? If so...45 seems to be a really optimistic number...I hope it works out.
Old 05-09-2006   #3
whiskeyrbl

I think it can happen with Smith as DC and our new players and players going back to their normal positions,it is a good time to be a Texan fan.
Old 05-09-2006   #4
Zo Mourning
Die Hard

I say 40 sacks on defense with combo of mario/weaver and Babin/Peek.

30 sacks allowed on offense
Zo Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I'll predict that our D-line is actually threatening to the opposing team's O-line and that we get more sacks on D than our O-line will allow.
Old 05-09-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Last year Houston ranked 14th out of 32 with 37 sacks. #1 was Seattle with 50, and #32 was Cleveland with 23. As can be seen by this, sacks are not a good indicator of pass rush. We got a decent number of sacks, but if statiticians recorded the average time it took for us to pressure the QB, I bet we'd be dead last.

The average rating of a QB playing us last year was 100, second only to Tennessee's 100.7. As reference, #1 was Chicago (61.2) and #16 was Cleveland (78.2)
Old 05-09-2006   #7
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

I pray for 0 sacks for the O
and 40 sacks for the D.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2006   #8
Bob_A
Rookie

I'm not too concerned with numbers per se, I'm just looking forward to the day when our opponents can stop thinking that having a 3rd and 17 is an easier situation than 3rd and 3.
Old 05-09-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
My prediction is
Offense -- 32 allowed
Defense--- 45
what about for 2006?
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read