Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-09-2006   #1
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler
Default Texans' 2006 Record

How good are we going to be?

I'm hoping for an 8-8 season with the majority of the wins coming in the second half of the season.

My biggest prayer for this season is to embarass the Cowboys one more time. They play on the road the week before and we have a bye week after our first three games. Maybe Kubiak can work some magic and.....
Old 05-09-2006   #2
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

I would hope for our first .500 season but I think our schedule is too tough for us to do that. I would look for a 6-10 to 7-9 season. I just don't want to see double digits in the loss column.
Old 05-09-2006   #3
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

I don't know....

I guess it all kind of depends on how they look.

There is an encouraging 6-10 and a discouraging 6-10. We just need to see that this team is improving in all aspects of the game. I hope Carr finally gets some breathing room. I'm excited to see what he is capable of when he isn't running for his life.
Old 05-09-2006   #4
Fldvldog
Veteran

I'm predicting the texans to have about a 6-10 season, and a 3rd place division standing.
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #5
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

It would be nice if the other teams would just lay down for us, and give us a couple of wins...

Other than that, we're just going to have to be good enough to just go in there, and take a couple.

I think our offense ought to be able to score 21 points on a bad day. Our Defense will avg less than 18 points allowed.

We're going to have an awesome season.

We start off against the Eagles(internal troubles.... got a lot of things on their minds) We can knock them on their butts, and take that game.

and Indianapolis.... they'll still be trying to figure out what they did wrong in '05..... again, we knock them for a loop, and come out with a win in Indy...

Hopefully, Kubiak can keep our team from getting overconfident, and use these two wins to propel us to a 10+ win season.

I believe it could happen....... I know it will.
Old 05-09-2006   #6
Fldvldog
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
..... again, we knock them for a loop, and come out with a win in Indy...
It would be about damn time
Fldvldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #7
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fldvldog
I'm predicting the texans to have about a 6-10 season, and a 3rd place division standing.
This is the first time I think I've agreed with the Devil Doggie. 6-10 and 3rd place seems right to me pending more signings...
Old 05-09-2006   #8
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 21898 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

As long as we beat the Colts, Jags, and Cowboys, I'm happy. Next year we better make the playoffs.

Last edited by MightyTExan; 05-09-2006 at 04:56 PM.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #9
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i have you guys as my 2nd wild card team right now. kubiak was just what this team needed.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #10
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Thunderkyss, if they get 10 wins I'll dance on the Seawall in Galveston naked!

By the way, I'm not a woman so it won't be pretty.
Old 05-09-2006   #11
Zo Mourning
Die Hard

I say 8-8 or 9-7 with all the great aquisitions and new coaching staff.
Zo Mourning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #12
jagibelieve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss
Hopefully, Kubiak can keep our team from getting overconfident, and use these two wins to propel us to a 10+ win season.

I believe it could happen....... I know it will.
WOW! Put down the koolaid and step away from the computer.

I agree that you all should end up 3rd in the division, but I say at best you will be 8-8. 10+ wins will be hard enough for the Jags and the Colts.
jagibelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #13
TexanBorn51
Veteran

Rep Power: 1327 TexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBorn51 is a quality contributor and well respected

At least 8-8 and then again more wins than losses. "Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing."
TexanBorn51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006   #14
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
As long as we beat the Colts, Jags, and Cowboys, I'm happy. Next year we better make the playoffs.
Unfortunately, our secondary is not good enough to beat the Colts in Indy in week 2. Maybe by week 16, but not week 2
Old 05-10-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 260728 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagibelieve
WOW! Put down the koolaid and step away from the computer.

I agree that you all should end up 3rd in the division, but I say at best you will be 8-8. 10+ wins will be hard enough for the Jags and the Colts.
that's what I'm banking on........ the Colts...... trying to figure out Wazzup, with their last, and worst Play-off loss.... They're going to try to fix the problem, but they'll be looking at the wrong end all together.

Jax........ let's just say they overachieved a bit in a week division.... it'll be a different story in '06.
Old 05-10-2006   #16
Snapple
Veteran

Wow, you guys are optimistic.

I bet every single team message board has the same thing going on right now. They look at their off-season, and every bad team thinks they're going to be at least .500, even though most of them will still suck.

Honestly, if we even get 5 wins this year, I'll be happy.
Snapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006   #17
4th&inches
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trade'06pick
How good are we going to be?
My biggest prayer for this season is to embarass the Cowboys one more time.
I think the Texans will be 9-7....and they dont beat the Cowboys!!
Old 05-11-2006   #18
Fico
Rookie

Rep Power: 1386 Fico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respectedFico is a quality contributor and well respected

We were 7-9 two years ago and I think we have upgraded our personel since then. Barring injuries I think 9-7 is very plausible. And if we only win one game this year, it has to be the Cowboys, braggin rights on my roomate for the next 4 years.
Fico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006   #19
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th&inches
I think the Texans will be 9-7....and they dont beat the Cowboys!!
Two first round picks Travis and Mario - with Payne and at least one or two other LBs cannot beat Beldsoe?

Against Adams, Rivera and a handful of prospects?
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...D5CF8B0B2693D1

Texians 2 Jersey Cowherders 0
Old 05-12-2006   #20
bigtex77
Veteran

I would say 7-9, but I would definitely take 8-8 or better.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read