Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-09-2006   #1
bdiddy
Veteran

Default Texans Interested in Steve McNair

Just heard John Clayton on Mike and Mike in the morning
Old 05-09-2006   #2
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

Heard it too. John Clayton said the Titans are just trying to get the Ravens to budge on their offer of a 5th round pick.
STEEL BLUE TEXANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #3
bdiddy
Veteran

Now we need John McClain to see if there is any truth to this claim.
Old 05-09-2006   #4
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

He's better than Sage Rosenfels.
Old 05-09-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdiddy
Now we need John McClain to see if there is any truth to this claim.
John Clayton is pretty reliable. I'd take his word for it.
Old 05-09-2006   #6
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10214 STEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respectedSTEEL BLUE TEXANS is a quality contributor and well respected

McNair wants to start. He is due to make 9 mil this season. You aren't going to pay anyone that much to hold the clipboard. He will not be a Texan.
Old 05-09-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
McNair wants to start. He is due to make 9 mil this season. You aren't going to pay anyone that much to hold the clipboard. He will not be a Texan.
Is it his choice or the Titans choice on where he gets traded?
Old 05-09-2006   #8
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Makes no sense, other than leverage against Bud Adams and taking the shine off of his new QB from Houston.
Old 05-09-2006   #9
STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Hall of Fame

It doesn't even matter who's choice it is as far as the Texans are concerned. The guy wants to start for at least another 2 years. We just extended Carr's contract. Are we now going to bench him in favor of McNair?
Old 05-09-2006   #10
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

from www.kffl.com

Titans | Talks with Baltimore cool off; team may retain McNair
Mon, 8 May 2006 14:37:46 -0700

TitansRadio.com reports the Tennessee Titans and Baltimore Ravens have not contacted each other since draft weekend about disgruntled QB Steve McNair. With trade talks on ice, head coach Jeff Fisher spoke of going in a different direction with McNair and making an effort to bring him back. ''I think Baltimore's window came and left,'' Fisher said. ''I think the next step is to try to communicate with [McNair] and see if we can work something out.''

Why would we be interested in McNair? We probably couldn't afford him anyway...
Old 05-09-2006   #11
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Makes no sense, other than leverage against Bud Adams and taking the shine off of his new QB from Houston.
Agreed 100%
Old 05-09-2006   #12
geofb
Veteran

The Titans have no leverage. Unless someone offers them something (almost anything) or McNair agrees to much less money, the Titans are going to be forced to cut him loose anyway. Any team interested should just wait until he is cut.

I can't imagine why we would need or want him. Overrated, often injured, way over the hill. No thanks.

It's great to see this kind of turmoil in the Titan camp though. Here with the Texans I think we have reason for optimism in the fairly short term (2-3 years ahead). I think the Titans are in for a pretty rough spell in the short term and, hopefully (with Bud working his majic), in the long term as well. I just hope the Titans can perform well enough over the next couple of years to avoid getting the top pick in the draft. They might use the pick to stumble onto a future hall of famer that could help turn them around. Though with their pick of Vince Young as an indication, they might blow that opportunity as well. Hopefully Vince won't be a total bust and can stay healthy enough to perform as a below average QB for many years to come.
geofb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #13
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14190 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Nobody'd job in Houston is safe. Ah Ha Ha Ha!

J/k Steve Mcnair is not coming here.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #14
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

I don't think we have enough cap to sign him and besides we've already got a great backup QB in Sage I'd see us go after Ty Law before we trade for Steve McNair.
Old 05-09-2006   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Previously the Titans were looking to trade off McNair before his bonus came due (I think) and they were holding his cards as he was still under contract, so they were trying to get with the Ravens to work a deal. Seems like they got a little too greedy (5th round vs. 4th round) and now they'd better have a smooth sales person (not Bud) to work with Steve if they're gonna restructure him... again.

I think the Ravens are just gonna hold out till he gets cut to make the deal and keep their picks. Agree with above though, I don't think he'll be coming here to backup Carr at his cost nor have Carr back him up with the extension just signed.... but then again, you never know.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #16
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I know there is not a snowballs chance, but I would love Steve McNair to come back home. I think Carr could learn an awfull lot from a guy like Steve. Just to bad McNair is dead set on starting.

O well.

TEXANRED is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #17
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED
I know there is not a snowballs chance, but I would love Steve McNair to come back home. I think Carr could learn an awfull lot from a guy like Steve. Just to bad McNair is dead set on starting.

O well.
And we would finally have some competition for Carr at QB. I think that if we bring McNair in he will atleast put a little pressure on Carr for the starting job but even more McNair would be able to teach Carr like you said. If he goes to Baltimore he will have fun because they have to solid recievers in Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton.
Old 05-09-2006   #18
wicked_wayz
all blacks

i jus got off the raven site and they confirmed that mcnair is a done deal so its too late for us to get him (thank god)
Old 05-09-2006   #19
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz
i jus got off the raven site and they confirmed that mcnair is a done deal so its too late for us to get him (thank god)
What'd they say? Are you sure it's confirmed? All I know is that they've agreed to a deal but I don't think Baltimore and Tennessee have agreed in compensation yet, like with us and the Eric Moulds trade.
Old 05-09-2006   #20
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanFan881
He's better than Sage Rosenfels.
and Carr...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read