Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 05-08-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 1

In memory of those of us who believed that VY should have been the Texans' first pick, I begin publication of The Vince Young Report.

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league. All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition, and expect VY to play sooner rather than later, something that some of us said over and over in the dry spell between the Rose Bowl and the draft.

The sense I get from the Titans' board is that VY looks like a "natural."

Amazing, huh? Who would have thought it?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #2
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

we did friend, we did.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
Mario Williams
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk
In memory of those of us who believed that VY should have been the Texans' first pick, I begin publication of The Vince Young Report.

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league. All evidence coming out of Nashville is that the Flaming Thumbtacks are _VERY_ pleased with the acquisition, and expect VY to play sooner rather than later, something that some of us said over and over in the dry spell between the Rose Bowl and the draft.

The sense I get from the Titans' board is that VY looks like a "natural."

Amazing, huh? Who would have thought it?
You're pathetic Nighthawk, you wanted basically anybody but Bush at the #1 spot just to spite the Bush fans and because you couldn't get Vince. Lamer.
Old 05-08-2006   #4
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 81844 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

First off you should post this in the NFL general section.

It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. I stand by thoughts that the Texans will regret not taking Vince. Now I can only hope that I was wrong and he busts out in the NFL.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #5
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario Williams
You're pathetic Nighthawk, you wanted basically anybody but Bush at the #1 spot just to spite the Bush fans and because you couldn't get Vince. Lamer.
I cant speak for him... I wanted vince 1, Anybody but Bush at 1a. Not to spite the bush fans, but because Reggie is going to be a colossal failure in my opinion. Bush fans should feel spited. I hear new orleans is looking for fans.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. .
We lost fans? I didn't even notice. Probably all those hard to find season ticket holders who cancelled their season tix.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
We lost fans? I didn't even notice. Probably all those hard to find season ticket holders who cancelled their season tix.
We didn't lose fans, we lost "occasional supporters"
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2006   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
We didn't lose fans, we lost "occasional supporters"
or bandwagon jumpers.
Old 05-08-2006   #9
dat_boy_yec
All Pro

Rep Power: 11 dat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdat_boy_yec is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:

It is sickening seeing all the people from Texas now supporting the Titans. Their board has been bombarded with new members from Texas. I stand by thoughts that the Texans will regret not taking Vince. Now I can only hope that I was wrong and he busts out in the NFL.
I hate the fact that they can go over to enemy territory so easily. I wouldn't mind had it been any other team, but there is no way in hell I will ever, and I mean ever wear much less buy a Titans jersey or support their team. Now that Young is on their team it's tragic, but he's dead to me. Until he leaves that team. We have a history here and what the Titans did to us is a dark time in our history. Those going over to the Titan boards showing them support aren't real Texans.
dat_boy_yec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #10
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 81844 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
I doubt the Texans lost many diehards or season ticket holders however what you predicted in your Voice of the Fan a few months ago seems to be coming true. I am referring to the part about what would happen if the Texans passed on Vince and the Titans grabbed him. Things sure look like they are heading in that direction. It's a nightmare scenario that many of us foresaw. The only thing that will curtail it is if Vince is a bust and the Texans start winning. Let us pray.
Old 05-08-2006   #11
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

Since you don't frequent the enemies' board, FYI, your avatar got an honorable mention on at the gotitans.com forum.

I'll never root for the Titans....... not being in our division...... oddly enough, I'll be rooting for Vince to do his part. Just because I like the kid, and I think he's going to prove a lot of people wrong.

I personally wanted anyone but Reggie with the first pick.... I ain't scurred to say it. All you "Bush Bowl" cheering......... hoping we loose out at the end of the year, can bite me......

I've always thought if we are going to waste(I said it, waste) a pick on a running back, when that was the strongest part of our team... We might as well waste it on a quarterback.

But I've recently registered at gotitans.com, jaguars.com/mb/, and Colts.com... I want to hear(read) what our enemies have to say. Overall, Jags & Colts fans understand exactly what we did..... Titan's and Saints(I've been on their forum since Joe Horn went to the ProBowl) don't get it...... but judging by their draft picks, I think that's understandable.

I think the Titans did great getting Vince... they need him. But Lendale White?? don't they have Travis Henry & Chris Brown?? They should've got them some help on that OLine..... Winston Justice, Eric Winston...... there was plenty of talent still on the board.

The Saints...... what a joke...... Reggie Bush...$9 million, Duece McAllister..... $7 million, Michael Bennett..... $2 million, Every body knowing N.O. is going to run the ball.............. priceless.
Old 05-08-2006   #12
whiskeyrbl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dat_boy_yec
I hate the fact that they can go over to enemy territory so easily. I wouldn't mind had it been any other team, but there is no way in hell I will ever, and I mean ever wear much less buy a Titans jersey or support their team. Now that Young is on their team it's tragic, but he's dead to me. Until he leaves that team. We have a history here and what the Titans did to us is a dark time in our history. Those going over to the Titan boards showing them support aren't real Texans.
I think VY going to the Titans is the best thing to happen for us,especially after he went and run at the mouth about coming back here and beating up on those Texans. Hey bring it on baby!! This is what should have been anyway. That ol' lard ass Bud Adams and his powderblue boys ought to be our arch enemy. All VY did was pour gas on a fire that has been smoldering for 4 years. Outside of the Dallas Convicts i cannot think of a team I hate more.(maybe the steelers). So let the rivalry rear it's head and lets make Vy EAT HIS WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-08-2006   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 298214 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Talking

I can't wait for the Vince Young Report, Volume 1, Number 2: VINCE MEETS MARIO

Old 05-08-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I doubt the Texans lost many diehards or season ticket holders however what you predicted in your Voice of the Fan a few months ago seems to be coming true. I am referring to the part about what would happen if the Texans passed on Vince and the Titans grabbed him. Things sure look like they are heading in that direction. It's a nightmare scenario that many of us foresaw. The only thing that will curtail it is if Vince is a bust and the Texans start winning. Let us pray.
The pilgrimage that you speak of seems to be my fair-weathered compadres of the burnt orange persuasion. I checked in on the Titans board a couple of times and that's the impression I got. They probably went over from Hornfans. University Co-op (the place around town to get Longhorn Gear) is even selling VY Titans jerseys on its website now.

I don't think the Texans lost many fans over this draft, though. McClain said on 610 that not even 10 people cancelled season tickets.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #15
WILLIEG
Veteran

Does anyone know how much Vince signed for and for how longn his contract is?
WILLIEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #16
Yvette
Veteran

Rep Power: 16897 Yvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respectedYvette is a quality contributor and well respected

His contract hasn't been negotiated yet.
Old 05-08-2006   #17
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 211500 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILLIEG
Does anyone know how much Vince signed for and for how longn his contract is?
Far as I know, it's not done yet, not talked about....... won't be, until they straighten out that mess with McNair's contract.
Old 05-08-2006   #18
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull
McClain said on 610 that not even 10 people cancelled season tickets.
Wow, I find that hard to believe. Not because of the whole Bush/Young thing either. After a 2-14 season and the amount of no shows last season I would have thought quite a few would have opted out. Honestly, I thought I was going to be one of those due to all the money I lost last year. I live in Austin and can't make every game. I couldn't even give away tickets last year not even literally in the parking lot. I guess most ended up like me, sucked it up and antied back up. Though I did sell 2 of my tickets this offseaon so I won't have to deal with it again during next season.
Old 05-08-2006   #19
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

If I had to guess, I'd say that Mario will be good and maybe very good this year, but not great yet, Bush will be great until he gets injured some time late next year, and Young won't even play much for a while at a all, except preseason of course. It's not going to be easy to see who was the best choice, especially if Carr comes around or we get a better QB some time in the future.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #20
TwinSisters
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 TwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVPTwinSisters was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk

Although I'm perfectly happy with the Mario over Bush pick, I continue to think that in 3 years Young will be the talk of the league.
Glad you took up this unsavory task... I thought I was going to have to do it, but now I don't.

Did you see him on the highlight reel on NFL.com? Fisher ain't done nothing but talk him up... and now I am getting the feeling that maybe McNair is getting stingy to not only help himself get closer to a Super Bowl, but to also clear the path for an early Vince launch.

I will be really surprised if the Titans give in to temptation and play him more then a few snaps in garbage time this upcoming season.

So what I am getting at is that we most likely will already know how Bush/D'brickshaw/Mario are panning out before Vince takes the stage in earnest.

I can envision our second franchise making moment in 2007, if Mario sacks Young in Reliant Stadium. The house is going to erupt. I even wager that the noise would cause the sliding roof to get stuck for a week. It will go down in history like Miller scoring on Dallas.
----

That being said... I have to share a little dream I had a few months ago. I passed out from exhaustion that day, so in the dream everything was really vivid and in colour. I remember being really thirsty and starting to look for something to drink in a forest. There I got lost... and found by three black bears and they were hungry. Before long I was tree-ed and the bears making their way up the trunk to make me their lunch. I figured I could lick one bear, but three was a stretch. My odds of survival were slim.

Then out of nowhere Vince Young shows up and saves me!

Out of all of the people that could have showed up from my imagination, Vince Young was the one that did. It could have been Thor, Superman, Roosevelt, the Bum, Richard the Lionheart, Yi Sun-sin, or even Joan of Arc... but it wasn't... it was Vince Young.

The kid that can even tip the field in a forest of dreams.

Last edited by TwinSisters; 05-08-2006 at 11:58 PM.
TwinSisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read