Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Good article about Texans Backfield

Diehardtexan

Waterboy
Texans Enjoy Backfield Depth With Emerging Hollings By MARK BABINECK, AP Sports Writer

Domanick Davis picked up right were he left off last year. Then Tony Hollings picked up right where he left off in 2002.

Davis, who missed the first two preseason games with a bum left ankle, ran for 37 yards on his first six preseason carries last week before getting a breather in the thin Denver air.

Enter Hollings, who hasn't been 100 percent since tearing a ligament in his right knee two years ago at Georgia Tech. He took his first carry of the game 27 yards for a score.

``You look at it like, `Yeah, I did score the touchdown,' but it was the drive (Davis) was in,'' Hollings said. ``When it goes on the board, it doesn't go down as Tony Hollings scoring seven points, it goes down as the Texans scoring seven points.''

Houston spent a 2003 second-round draft pick on him in the supplemental draft, ostensibly as their tailback of the future. He hobbled through last season while Davis changed the Texans' plans with his performance.

Still, Hollings is thrilled he's going to be an important cog.

``I'm just excited to be out there, to be able to run and make cuts full-speed and not worry about my knee, to just play the game,'' Hollings said.

For his part, Davis is more than happy for a little relief, even if it sometimes means he doesn't score.

``Let me do the dirty work, running in the middle and everything, and he comes in with fresh legs and punches it in,'' Davis said. ``The whole team gets the points. It's not about me or Tony, it's about the team.''

OzzO

.. and then?
NBT, you pretty much summed up exactly what I was gonna say.

Dang, I'm glad we have a class football organization in Houston....

Jwwillis

Rookie
You said it. Much like most of our franchises there isnt a lot of club house bickering. Houston sports teams have done better than average at keeping discontent at a minimum. Maily because after one negative episode the player is traded. Houston fans never play into the finger pointing game. :boxing: