Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2006   #1
whiskeyrbl

Default AJ on Cold Pizza

Andre Johnson is to be on CP Tuesday May 9th(tomorrow) to discuss the Texans taking Mario Williams with the #1 pick.
Old 05-08-2006   #2
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl
Andre Johnson is to be on CP Tuesday May 9th(tomorrow) to discuss the Texans taking Mario Williams with the #1 pick.
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up. Will look for the recap on here since i'll be at work.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Thanks for the headsup looks like I'll have to TiVo it tomorrow
Old 05-08-2006   #4
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 75780 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought it was going to be the "Voice of the Fan" AJ. Guess I won't watch now.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #5
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 70964 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns
I thought it was going to be the "Voice of the Fan" AJ. Guess I won't watch now.
Wow. Kinda harsh for one of our top 3 players, and stand up guys.

Dont have cable, can someone recap after the show?

thanks in advance.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #6
F-minus67
Hall of Fame

Does anyone else think that show is like watching a car crash, its terrible, but I can't look away.
Old 05-08-2006   #7
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-minus67
Does anyone else think that show is like watching a car crash, its terrible, but I can't look away.
I know it is. I've only watched it a couple times once when Greg Biffle and Michael Waltrip were on (NASCAR) and once when Casserly was on. I hate waiting for the interviews because then I've got to watch the show
Old 05-08-2006   #8
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
I agree it sux balls, thats why i never set my DVR for it. Not even gonna bother w/the AJ interview, i'll just come to the MB.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
BradK10
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to BradK10 Send a message via Yahoo to BradK10

i love Dre to death, but I have to think to hard when I'm listening to him...
Old 05-08-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
yeah. he's a mumbler.
Old 05-08-2006   #11
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradK10
Yeah, he's kind of reserved, you won't see him acting like Chad Johnson anytime soon. He said he wasn't going to act like that unless he is an established nine-year veteran.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #12
BigDTexansFan
All Pro

Quote:

the most entertaining wreck is 2 sportswriters (neither is pretty...OK pretty OLD), with more gas than Exxon telling everyone they are right and other guy is wrong.
Old 05-08-2006   #13
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Yeah, he's kind of reserved, you won't see him acting like Chad Johnson anytime soon. He said he wasn't going to act like that unless he is an established nine-year veteran.
He sure was'nt reserved on the sunday night game against KC...
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #14
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

What timing...I got a stomach virus or food poisoning diarrhea and now I get to watch it.
Old 05-09-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

"Defense wins championships"

What would you tell Mario Williams about living in Texas?
"It's a great city..."

David Carr hasn't had anyone get at him and he was thrown into the fire. He's speaking up more, he's been working hard this offseason.

"I consider myself as one of the best WRs in the league. It's an honor to be compared to TO."

10-15 TDs 100+ catchess 1400 yards next year.
Old 05-09-2006   #16
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3367 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ said he understands the Mario pick because defense wins championships, he also touched on Carr saying that Carr has become more vocal and that he and AJ have been practicing together working on routes and such. He also said Daivd has a lot of talent and a strong arm, and that Carr was thrown into the fire from day one and thinks Carr can turn it around with Kubiak as our head coach.
Old 05-09-2006   #17
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon
yeah. he's a mumbler.
It may be hard to believe when watching him play, but he's quiet because he is really a shy person.
Old 05-09-2006   #18
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

He has been notably shy from the day we drafted him.

Was the above pretty much it? I assumed they were going to just kind of interview him like nothing and then go onto Barry Bonds or something.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #19
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
AJ said he understands the Mario pick because defense wins championships, he also touched on Carr saying that Carr has become more vocal and that he and AJ have been practicing together working on routes and such. He also said Daivd has a lot of talent and a strong arm, and that Carr was thrown into the fire from day one and thinks Carr can turn it around with Kubiak as our head coach.
These are the kinds of things we should be hearing from you know who, but won't. For an effective passing combo to work they have to put a lot of hours in together. There is no magic formula. I would like to know if the other receivers are doing the same thing. Perhapes we will hear more next week.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006   #20
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
David Carr hasn't had anyone get at him and he was thrown into the fire. He's speaking up more, he's been working hard this offseason.
Now that is what I have been waiting for.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read