Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2006   #1
Rightnow
Veteran

Default John McClain reads this message board

On the Friday show, I heard MaClain mention that he was constantly getting ripped on this board by somebody. I forget what it was that he the poster was complaining about, but he does read this board according to what he said Friday.

So John, if you read this. Hello and get over Vince Young!

Old 05-08-2006   #2
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll add to this:
Hurry up and move to Tennesee John, we want Texans news in Houston.

Last edited by MightyTExan; 05-08-2006 at 08:12 AM.
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll also add that he really doesn't know squat!!! He 1st said there was no way the Texans would take Williams and they did. Then on Fridays show he said there was no way or reason for the Texans to sign A. Smith and then I'm watching Fox 26 news and Mark Berman says that there is a 90% chance the Texans will sign him. The guy is useless!!
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #4
gwallaia

Rep Power: 71741 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Hi John, you're allright. Look forward to seeing you again at the tailgate next season.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #5
Sportsfan
All Pro

Old news, he's been talking about this forum for quite some time. Around the middle of last season was when I first heard him mention this MB and what is talked about.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #6
SheTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 29598 SheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedSheTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

John McClain has been reading this, and other MBs, for years. I'm glad he does. He is like ALL newspaper guys, he voices his opinion. As agrivated as I get with him sometimes, he is 10000000% better than Lopez, Justice or Megan Manfield!! He did an excellent job of covering the Texans last year, which was his first year to be assigned that particular job. As for him not knowing "squat," he knows more about football than most of you put together!!
SheTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #7
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan
He is like ALL newspaper guys, he voices his opinion. As agrivated as I get with him sometimes, he is 10000000% better than Lopez, Justice or Megan Manfield!!
He did an excellent job of covering the Texans last year, which was his first year to be assigned that particular job.
As for him not knowing "squat," he knows more about football than most of you put together!!
Agreed on all of these statements. I just got tired of his flip-flopping over the last few months. None the less, you can't deny how good of a network he has in the NFL and the quality of the info. that he gets.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2006   #8
Str8tupg42k1
Veteran

He said that there was a guy (didn't say who) who always rips him in the message boards when he talks about hollywood stuff and about him being in the movies.
Str8tupg42k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Now that I know that, I'm gonna rip him constantly.

PS-I'll make stuff up if I have to.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #10
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
John McClain has been reading this, and other MBs, for years. I'm glad he does. He is like ALL newspaper guys, he voices his opinion. As agrivated as I get with him sometimes, he is 10000000% better than Lopez, Justice or Megan Manfield!! He did an excellent job of covering the Texans last year, which was his first year to be assigned that particular job. As for him not knowing "squat," he knows more about football than most of you put together!!

I tend to agree also. I don't fault him and Justice so much for the flip-flopping. When he talks, I think we all listen because he has better insight than any of us.

I do fault these guys (especially Justice and Lopez) for their whining after we didn't draft Bush. I got aggravated with Justice for whining in his articles and then piling on Casserly in the national forum...then he said we made the right choice.

I thought Lopez was the voice of reason during the whole Bush vs. Young controversy in January. He made the point that drafting Vince Young means trading him for Bush and Carr. I could live with not drafting Bush after he made that point. Then he cried like a little girl when we drafted Mario.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #11
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed. No way a writer can please everyone. He does a great job even if I don't always agree with him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportfan
Agreed on all of these statements. I just got tired of his flip-flopping over the last few months. None the less, you can't deny how good of a network he has in the NFL and the quality of the info. that he gets.
A lot of us flip flopped from Young to Bush to Williams. He's not immune to human nature. He writes what he feels. If he changes his mind it's better to show that he has than to stubbornly stick with his old view.
Old 05-08-2006   #12
Johnny Utah
All Pro

I know John, and he told me to tell everyone on this board that they are a 'punk and loser.'
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #13
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 41444 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I am John McClain and I think all of you are immature and mean.
Old 05-08-2006   #14
trane
Rookie

Default John Is One of the Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
I'll add to this:
Hurry up and move to Tennesee John, we want Texans news in Houston.
John McClain is one of the best and most respected sportswriters in the industry and his articles are consistently informative and insightful. In fact, he is so well respected that he was very influential in Elvin Bethea and Warren Moon making it to the Hall of Fame. Read the work of other sportwriters and you will understand how lucky we are he is here.

Basically, if you have a problem with John McClain...you are the type of person that sweats the petty things.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 234681 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro
Well, I am John McClain and I think all of you are immature and mean.
I wouldn't doubt that he is a member on these boards, and a respected one at that.

& I wouldn't necessarily call his flip-flopping flip-flopping.

Like me, he wanted Vince to be our pick...... it made sense, the most sense prior to signing Rosenfelts.... after that, thinking the pick would be Reggie...... he didn't say Vince shouldn't be the pick.

I mean the Texans made it pretty obvious they weren't interested in Young.

If you know your football, just because you like Young doesn't mean that you have to hate Reggie..... or Carr for that matter. There can be strong cases made(and there have been) for Young, Reggie, Mario, and even D'Brick as our #1 pick.

& he wasn't the only one upset that the Texans didn't do what he thought they would(see ESPN talking heads...... most specifically, Michael Irvin).

& Merrill Hodge probably threw a hip when Tennesse picked Vince.
Old 05-08-2006   #16
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 19458 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

Not really, I read his articles and go to other cities local paper sports news and it's a night and day difference. How about some news on the team? How's the coach doing? The QB? etc...................
MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #17
Stampede
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 Stampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballotStampede is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah
I know John, and he told me to tell everyone on this board that they are a 'punk and loser.'
Hey now, i scored 4 TD's in a single game!
Stampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #18
trane
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyTExan
Not really, I read his articles and go to other cities local paper sports news and it's a night and day difference. How about some news on the team? How's the coach doing? The QB? etc...................
John McClain does not exclusively cover the Texans. That would be Meagan Manfull. John covers the NFL for the Houston Chronicle.
trane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #19
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

2 problems I see in this. 1) he atually admitted to getting picked on by members of this board 2) He let people know that he looks at this board, he has no idea how many threads are going to pop up saying "read this McClain!".
Old 05-08-2006   #20
Exascor
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 35348 Exascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respectedExascor is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORK 88
2 problems I see in this. 1) he atually admitted to getting picked on by members of this board 2) He let people know that he looks at this board, he has no idea how many threads are going to pop up saying "read this McClain!".
He admited to checking out this and at least one other mb a long time ago. There hasn't been a bunch of "Read This McClain" threads that I've seen. Why would it start now?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read