Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 05-08-2006   #1
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans rookie mini camp.

Does anyone have a date for this?

Links, info, articles, photos when it happens would be nice too.

thx.
SM
Blake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #2
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1028 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

From the NFL Network, they said it's June 7th through the 9th.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #3
swisher
Old School

Rep Power: 669 swisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respectedswisher is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life
From the NFL Network, they said it's June 7th through the 9th.
I think the rookie camp is sooner. Like May 14.
swisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #4
Texas
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to Texas

Yea because some have already started.
Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #5
Paragon Blue
Veteran

i think it said that rookies and veterans are having camp together.
Old 05-08-2006   #6
TommyS
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon Blue
i think it said that rookies and veterans are having camp together.
teams are allowed a rookie minicamp where ALL rookies can attend (even if they have not graduated, or their class has not graduated) within 15 days of the draft.

so we should be having something pretty soon
TommyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #7
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We have the latest camp in the league...shouldn't we get all the practice we can get?
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 05-08-2006   #8
Ibar_Harry
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Ibar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVPIbar_Harry was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
We have the latest camp in the league...shouldn't we get all the practice we can get?
I started another thread on this and someone posted a schedule that showed that Denver was the lastest with a July start date. We were 2nd with a June start date. All other teams had May dates for their starts. A couple of players have indicated sometime this month, but no one seems to know. This is an example of what I talk about when the reporters could find something out to let the fans know. It really is an interesting question.

In addition it is my understanding that we get two additional mini-camps because Kubiak is a new HC for our team. So how does that fit into the mix as well.
Ibar_Harry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #9
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected

I heard on TV that Kubiak said May 16th. sorry no link
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan
Is that you Dom?

Just like Denver, they do not practice very long at all, it is quick and to the point.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #11
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of the guys like Bennie, Andre, Moulds, Walters, Carr, Ragone and a couple others have been practicing for a couple months now, just running routes and such.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #12
vtech9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 vtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVPvtech9 was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to vtech9

I wonder if they are just giving the players more time to learn the playbook before hitting the field.
vtech9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006   #13
Texans86
All Pro

For some reason, I thought new coaches were allowed an extra set of practice dates. Something I remember reading last year. I guess I was wrong.
Old 05-08-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans86
For some reason, I thought new coaches were allowed an extra set of practice dates. Something I remember reading last year. I guess I was wrong.
They are supposed to get an extra coaches session - I think Kubiaks plan was to use them back to back (with a weekend off) as essentially one longer session.
Old 05-08-2006   #15
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtech9
I wonder if they are just giving the players more time to learn the playbook before hitting the field.
That would make sense...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read